[CANNOT REPRODUCE] AG Gun CCIP off since 22652

Eldur

Can't aim the gun in AG anymore with CCIP, since the pipper is lower than before now. Actually, I'd wish the gun would fire there instead of some degrees up (actually that is waterline), but I don't know what the real thing does, so I'll have to accept whatever is realistic.

Edit: Upped the track I recorded from the session where I made the screenshot. Plays well in 23225, issue still present twilightsmile.png

530256220_DCS2018-10-2220-39-10-71.thumb.jpg.59c49d24f21e52dfaf0af1cd966cc080.jpg

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Thanks for checking... didn't up to that hotfix yet, I didn't want to run into input issues that have been reported even though I didn't have them in the first place with 22652, also 22877 didn't bring any changes I needed as per changelog... so it might have been an issue that has been fixed already. I'll check other missions though and of course, tomorrow's update twilightsmile.png

I need to save my traffic at the moment, that's why I'm skipping 22877 rainbowdashwink.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I had this problem earlier on too. It was reported here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=211945 and here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216772

I don't have this problem everytime, sometimes it works for weeks without this problem and sometimes you fly 3 missions in a row and encounter this bug everytime.

From back in june until now it appears sporadically.

Edit: In the first link is a video and a track file showing the bug and i had this problem last weekend too but i didn't bother to post it because i already did a couple times and nothing happend, so i thought it's very low on ED's to do list like the jumping heading marker at 000 heading....

Edited by unknown

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Posted the track in OP. Yes, I kept the radalt on HUD off, but seeing the other threads mentioned, this doesn't seem to make any difference as there are screenshots with the CCIP issue with both radalt on and off.

Maybe it depends on the map... I did almost all of my gunnery practice in the PG theatre without issues, I rarely flew the Hornet on my old Caucasus training map though.

Edit: Just redid the flight in 23225, same result.

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Maybe it depends on the map... I did almost all of my gunnery practice in the PG theatre without issues, I rarely flew the Hornet on my old Caucasus training map though.

I don't think so, i had this problem on the Caucasus and the PG map.

I hadn't time to watch the track, will do at the weekend, but did you drop bombs before switching to the AG gun? If yes which ones?

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

No bombs at all. Loadout was completely stripped, just the gun.

Did the same on PG yesterday and the pipper worked - but I switched HUD radalt on on the ground which I didn't on the other map... so I'll try that vice versa to see if it changes anything.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

That is the strange thing, i can fly 2 or 3 weeks and never encounter this problem, and then again in 4 missions in a row, everytime you select the AG gun the pipper is way off(too low).

I had this issue many many times also in previous versions (I'm now on latest OB). Also several times in A2A mode. Today I experienced it in A2A mode. Went in for an easy helicopter kill. Radar locked on to the helicopter in GUN AAQ mode, and the rounds ended up wayyyy above the locked helicopter pipper. Rage quit. 10/10 will rage quit again in next OB if not fixed.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

It seems to be intermittent. I was flying in a MP server and after being Winchester on Mk82's I went in to do some gun runs and the piper was too low and the rounds were hitting too high. I crashed and respawned in the same aircraft in the same slot and then next flight it was fine. Very strange.

i7-8700K (6 Core, 12MB Cache, 4.6GHz) 32 GB DDR4 XMP @ 2933MHz, GTX 1080Ti w/ 11GB GDDR5X, Windows 10 Pro, 256GB SSD, TM Warthog Stick & Throttle, TM TPR Pedals, TrackIR5

+1 for rounds off the piper, same happens in A/A, especially for a level flying target, you will always shoot WAY above, happens every time no exceptions

I seen same happening on manouvering targets as well, even if your aim is dead on the other plane stable and you squeze the trigger for 2s and no rounds hit, this happens some times, maybe has to do with range or some other shooting parameter

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

I had this issue many many times also in previous versions (I'm now on latest OB). Also several times in A2A mode. Today I experienced it in A2A mode. Went in for an easy helicopter kill. Radar locked on to the helicopter in GUN AAQ mode, and the rounds ended up wayyyy above the locked helicopter pipper. Rage quit. 10/10 will rage quit again in next OB if not fixed.

:huh: you might wanna hold off on flying the Hornet for a while if bugs make you do that... if only for the health of your keyboard and flight stick. Hehe.

I’ve seen this bug a couple of times as well. It was AG mode and I figured It was user error rather than a bug but clearly not lol.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• 1 month later...

Encountered this yesterday. Target under center dot, in range cue, rounds went high. Tried again to see if my aim was off, but same results.

Third pass, I had to use the 12 o'clock tic mark on the pipper to get any hits.

Seems to be pretty reproducible if you try.

Encountered this yesterday. Target under center dot, in range cue, rounds went high. Tried again to see if my aim was off, but same results.

Third pass, I had to use the 12 o'clock tic mark on the pipper to get any hits.

Seems to be pretty reproducible if you try.

"rounds went high"...how did you determine this? Tracers or something else?

"rounds went high"...how did you determine this? Tracers or something else?

Yes watching the tracers and then the IMPACT way above your aiming point. This was reported back in june here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=211945

Or pictures showing the sight and impact of the bullets by Grodin here https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3533415&postcount=6

Or the video i posted back then here with trackfile showing this problem....

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3534106&postcount=7

Like Eldur said, the problem is that it occurs not everytime.

Yes watching the tracers and then the IMPACT way above your aiming point. This was reported back in june here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=211945

Or pictures showing the sight and impact of the bullets by Grodin here https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3533415&postcount=6

The reason I asked, is because the tracers will always look high because of calculated bullet drop

I've had this problem as well. At first, I thought it was related to the new IR Mavs, because my buddy had experienced the same problem the day before, when testing the Mavs, and the bug happened to me after I had fired four Mav G and went down for strafing runs. Unfortunately I could never find a solid repro, so the Mav theory might be pure coincidence.

Yep, I see it in the video especially the impact is easy to see with the snow background...were you using the Zoom In feature? Maybe it has something to do with that...idk

Yep, I see it in the video especially the impact is easy to see with the snow background...were you using the Zoom In feature? Maybe it has something to do with that...idk

I don't think this is related to the zoom feature, i often use that for AG gun runs, but i will test again. Once i thought it was related to dropping all my bombs before switching to the gun but someone tried it with a clean aircraft and had the same problem, so....