A/A Radar and JHMCS Feedback Welcome

Wags

AACQ has many uses, it also used to auto lock targets in TWS,RWS and VS. WACQ and BST is Limited to 10nm, GACQ to 5nm as is VACQ. Using AACQ in RWS,TWS or VS allows much longer ranger auto acquisition, its kinda just an option to choose the highest priority target in other modes.

Some very interesting options, guys...thanks for the feedback...what would be nice is if I could have a list of ALL the ACM modes including "The Helmut" modes listed in order to show their min-> max distance ranges along with lateral gimbal limits so we could prioritize them...for example. when is LACQ better than Boresight or WACQ; I can remember in the early days that VACQ was your go to radar for in close turning, yank and bank furballs...is that still the better mode or is HACQ the new replacement?

Some very interesting options, guys...thanks for the feedback...what would be nice is if I could have a list of ALL the ACM modes including "The Helmut" modes listed in order to show their min-> max distance ranges along with lateral gimbal limits so we could prioritize them...for example. when is LACQ better than Boresight or WACQ; I can remember in the early days that VACQ was your go to radar for in close turning, yank and bank furballs...is that still the better mode or is HACQ the new replacement?

BST = 10nm, small circle on HUD

WACQ = 10nm, can't remember azimuth but it's probably the slowest mode to lock

VACQ = 5nm, within vertical lines

GACQ = 5nm, for the gun

HACQ = 5nm, up to radar limits

LACQ = 10nm, up to radar limits

To be honest I can't imagine many situations where HACQ or LACQ wouldn't be the preferred option - unless you can't actually see your opponent or he's masked by the aircraft body or something like that.

BST = 10nm, small circle on HUD

WACQ = 10nm, can't remember azimuth but it's probably the slowest mode to lock

VACQ = 5nm, within vertical lines

GACQ = 5nm, for the gun

HACQ = 5nm, up to radar limits

LACQ = 10nm, up to radar limits

To be honest I can't imagine many situations where HACQ or LACQ wouldn't be the preferred option - unless you can't actually see your opponent or he's masked by the aircraft body or something like that.

Thank you!!! And happy T-day, BS340

Seems to be working as expected so far Wags

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

• ED Team
My only observation is that the JHMCS cross hairs don't always match the VR cross hairs, which feels odd ... outside the cockpit it seems to work ok, inside, the 2 are offset a short distance.

Do you encounter this situation often? Could you record a track and make a screenshot of the problem?

If you switch both eyes on you get duplicate off-set displays when looking inside the cockpit ... which is very weird!

Think that's just how eyes work to be honest - you don't see double if you look 'through' the cockpit. You're seeing double because you're focusing in front of the HMD focus. You'll probably just need to either live with it or switch to one eye - if they fixed it for looking inside the cockpit it wouldn't be right for looking outside. Maybe when they sort the cockpit blanking it won't be an issue.

Works fine outside the cockpit ... just inside is where you see double.

Yeah it's because outside the cockpit you're focusing in the distance, inside the cockpit you're focusing on the stuff 1ft in front of you. If you look inside the cockpit and try to focus in the distance, you don't see double.

Can you guys explain what happens to Boresight mode when the HMD is on? The symbology for Boresight/HACQ/LACQ does not appear when you look straight at the HUD or when the JHMCS blinks.

According to an ex Hornet driver (or so someone on a discord I'm on said), boresight is disabled when the HMD is on.

Can you guys explain what happens to Boresight mode when the HMD is on? The symbology for Boresight/HACQ/LACQ does not appear when you look straight at the HUD or when the JHMCS blinks.

Boresight mode if effectively replaced by helmet mode, so the boresight circle is whereever you are looking within the radar cone.

With the JHMCS has anyone noticed that the heading that is displayed is magnetic and doesn't change when the HSI is changed?

JHMCS only displays magnetic heading by design. I had that exact same question answered here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=224211

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

As far as I can tell, radar now works pretty well however when slaving radar with JHMCS, does the circle indicator suppose to go outside radar gimbal limit?

And i know i know its not appropriate to ask here but I would like to see some love in AG functionality.. marking or displaying designated point.. :)

Can JHMCS follow the track IR curves?

It's very difficult (for my eyes) to have the head on the left (to see the left side) with the Track IR but always having the JHMCS in the center of the screen and to have my eyes turned at the maximum on the other side.

I would like the JHMCS to move on the screen at the pace of (with) the trackIR.

Thanks a lot!

That wouldn't be correct in the simulation of how JHMCS works. Even the fact that ED let VR users change which eye the display is projected on is already unrealistic, but it works for us.

If you're having trouble moving your head to the left, wouldn't it be prudent to alter your TrackIR curve to make it easier to look left? I do the same thing with my curves except to the right, so I don't have to turn my head as far to get a view over the shoulder.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

So this is not really a feature request, but more a "polish" request..? I think.

Basically, I wish the B-sweep line could be smoother. Right now it looks like its low fps, or something. Im running in the high 80s, so its not my monitor. This is just something I would enjoy.

Really enjoying the capabilities of the radar, can't wait for LTWS and more!

In VR I understand that JHMCS only shows on one eye is somewhat realistic. All right :-)

But I feel it needs to be brighter. For some reason, when flying at noon over the Persian Gulf it‘s very hard to see the markings in VR. It feels good without VR and is clearly visible, but with VR enabled (VIVE) it seems too faint and is often not really readable.