DCS: F-16CM Block 50 by EDSA Discussion Thread

NineLine

Thanks for answer man, I hope we will get USAF F-16 blk.50 in DCS:World, with all those capabilities...

And one more question: Is F-16 blk.50 have additional integrated fuel tanks, like block 60/70?

Some can carry conformal tanks, where never use in the USAF and AFAIK, never had nor have the capability

Thanks.

So we can assume that we will get HTS and probably CCIP upgrades too depending on the info out.

Depending the information available and which version they model, yes.

To clarify, I am no expert. Take what I post whit a grain of salt. Just because I use to work on F-16 does not mean I know everything, not even close. I am sure several other users here have more knowledge on F-16 the I will ever have.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I assume you mean the center display

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3647181&postcount=372

USAF Block 42 F-16C, after CCIP upgrade are getting them so I do not see a reason why block 50 would not.

I've heard it called the center pedestal display, and the center display unit. Not sure which one is which.

Anyway, the reason I ask is; I heard that for block 30 It's pretty much a drop in and plug and play installation. But for the Block 50/52s it was gonna require some software development. But that was almost 2 years ago, so I was just wondering if that's something the USAF is actually retrofitting on most F-16s or is just block 30s.

To clarify, I am no expert. Take what I post whit a grain of salt. Just because I use to work on F-16 does not mean I know everything, not even close. I am sure several other users here have more knowledge on F-16 the I will ever have.

We need rep back! Gotta be the first time I've heard something like that on these forums. :D I really enjoy your posts, you sound like you really know your stuff.

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

So we can assume that we will get HTS and probably CCIP upgrades too depending on the info out.

We can hope. ;-)

Depending the information available and which version they model, yes.

HTS & LITENING should be applicable, no? HARM, GBU-1x, AGM-65x, Mk8x dumb bombs and Rockeye/CBU-97 CBUs will keep me happy. Bonus points for the AIM-9X as I love the ASRAAM/HMS combo in the -MLU.

Just because I use to work on F-16 does not mean I know everything, not even close.

Perhaps, but I certainly appreciate the link to the MMC info you posted. As an old Falcon 4/AF pilot getting back in the saddle it was very informative.

p.s. ED, please give us Europeans a 480FS "Warhawks" livery. Unless you change plans and model the Block 52, in which case the 157FS "Swamp Foxes" is a "must have". :-)

i9-9900K @5GHz, Z390 Aorus Pro, 32GB DDR4-3200MHz, EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Seasonic Focus+ Platinum 850W PSU, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, MT deskmounts, Asus 32" 1440p display, EDTracker Pro Wireless, HP Reverb

I have a question about usaf block 50 F-16Cs in two related parts:

First, can HTS pod be removed, and if so is it ever operationally removed? (ex. say for pure A2A missions can and would HTS pod be removed)

Second, are block 50s backwards compatible with the two pod lantirn system, Including TFR and Nav FLIR? (I know they changed the HUD)

For your first question - yes they can be removed, and they often are. The Viper community seems to take stuff off the airplane a lot more than other fighter communities, although that's purely anecdotal.

Second question - I believe it's still possible to load them but to my knowledge it's not a configuration used by the USAF.

First, can HTS pod be removed, and if so is it ever operationally removed? (ex. say for pure A2A missions can and would HTS pod be removed)

Yes, some examples would be the Demo teams from Shaw AFB or Misawa AB, here is another example

https://media.defense.gov/2018/Sep/18/2002041914/-1/-1/0/160408-F-MP604-036.JPG

https://media.defense.gov/2018/Jun/13/2001930894/-1/-1/0/180609-F-CD693-1025.JPG

Keep in mind that it would be rare for a USAF F-16 unit to have a pure A2A mission unless we are talking about training. Would be more likely on a ANG or USAF Reserve unit.

Second, are block 50s backwards compatible with the two pod lantirn system, Including TFR and Nav FLIR? (I know they changed the HUD)

Depends on the Country and specific F-16. Some have that capability other don't.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

For your first question - yes they can be removed, and they often are. The Viper community seems to take stuff off the airplane a lot more than other fighter communities, although that's purely anecdotal.

Second question - I believe it's still possible to load them but to my knowledge it's not a configuration used by the USAF.

Yes, some examples would be the Demo teams from Shaw AFB or Misawa AB, here is another example

https://media.defense.gov/2018/Sep/18/2002041914/-1/-1/0/160408-F-MP604-036.JPG

https://media.defense.gov/2018/Jun/13/2001930894/-1/-1/0/180609-F-CD693-1025.JPG

Keep in mind that it would be rare for a USAF F-16 unit to have a pure A2A mission unless we are talking about training. Would be more likely on a ANG or USAF Reserve unit.

Depends on the Country and specific F-16. Some have that capability other don't.

Gotcha ok thank you! Exactly what I was looking for. So HTS is loaded based on the mission not just left on all the time like TGP on the F-15E for example

Edited by Wizard_03

IIRC there are no F-16 units, active duty, ANG or reserve, that have a pure 100% A2A mission. There are units that have A2A as a priority role and secondary is A2G, which IIRC the 80th FS in the 8th FW (Kunsan AB, Korea) is primarily tasked with A2A with a secondary role of air interdiction, whereas their sister squadron, the 35th, is Air Interdiction and SEAD primarily with A2A as secondary.

There are units that have A2A as a priority role and secondary is A2G, which IIRC the 80th FS in the 8th FW (Kunsan AB, Korea) is primarily tasked with A2A with a secondary role of air interdiction, whereas their sister squadron, the 35th, is Air Interdiction and SEAD primarily with A2A as secondary.

That is back when they had block 30, not sure if it is the same now.

To whom it may concern,

From ED track record of announcing to the time when we get the product there is no chance it is going to come out in 2019.

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

From ED track record of announcing to the time when we get the product there is no chance it is going to come out in 2019.
It is very possible if they have been working on the F-16 under the curtains.

Remember news of a fighting falcon for dcs have been around for a long time.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Good news. I take it that "well into development" means that 2019 might just be good for early release of the F-16CJ 50.

I am so excited to see all these modern American aircraft fighters in dcs. FA-18C, F-14 and F-16.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

DCS: F-16C - IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

I almost choked on my coffee this morning when I read the DCS Weekend News email!! Also checked to make sure that the date wasn't April 1! Even cleaned my glasses just to make sure I wasn't seeing things!!!

Can't believe it's finally going to happen!!!

Thanks, ED!!

I don't know, I never saw them. Not even in load barn where weapons crews trained and learn to load weapons.

To whom it may concern,

Good news. I take it that "well into development" means that 2019 might just be good for early release of the F-16CJ 50.

I am so excited to see all these modern American aircraft fighters in dcs. FA-18C, F-14 and F-16.

yes, I definately hope that "well into development" means EA for the VIPER in 2019. :thumbup:

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

I thought the same thing when I saw the email. Lots of stuff in the pipeline I didn't expect - f16 and mosquito to name a few.

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

Nothing yet. ED is working on it, same crew that is making the Hornet. Sounds like a lot of the base system coding for the hornet will be used to make the Viper, so development will be quicker since the hard part is already done.

All we know is that it is in the works and they teased a shot of it at the very end of the 2018 wrap up video on the ED youtube channel.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog