F-14B+ ot F-14D in the roadmap ?

FZG_Immel

In sure I missed the info, but is any version of the F-14D with the modern HUD and mfd planned sometimes down the road ?

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

They said they'd rather make the F-14D before the F-14B w Sparrowhawk HUD, but they don't have the weapon system manuals needed, so I guess that's probably a no.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Heatblur said in the past, that doing the D might be a possibility in the future, but nothing has been decided on that yet. Currently only the A and the B with the old HUD are planned and in development.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Damn I hope it changes down the road. The D or B+ would be a beast

I would purchase it again

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

What is a sparrow hawk?
Google "F-14 Sparrow Hawk" gives excellent results, including pictures and videos.

(...)"The SparrowHawk HUD provides pilots a 25-degree total field of view with a 5-inch (12.7-cm) aperture in a unit lighter than the previous system. Features include a built-in-test capability for simplified maintenance and internal data logging and continuous testing to track system conditions during flight.

The HUD symbology is presented in a clear, sharp display with high brightness and clarity that allow pilots to increase their aiming envelope and benefit from greater overall accuracy and an enhanced combat safety margin."(...)

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Would it be possible to do a mod that will extract HUD data like speed and altitude on the HUD or somewhere close?

I have been spoiled by the A-10C, FA-18C and F-16.

A fan boy of modern avionic here.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Google "F-14 Sparrow Hawk" gives excellent results, including pictures and videos.

(...)"The SparrowHawk HUD provides pilots a 25-degree total field of view with a 5-inch (12.7-cm) aperture in a unit lighter than the previous system. Features include a built-in-test capability for simplified maintenance and internal data logging and continuous testing to track system conditions during flight.

The HUD symbology is presented in a clear, sharp display with high brightness and clarity that allow pilots to increase their aiming envelope and benefit from greater overall accuracy and an enhanced combat safety margin."(...)

googled it... just got a bunch of game screenshots...

googled it... just got a bunch of game screenshots...

this is what it looks like, game or not...

full-596-93085-tomcat004.jpg

IT works just like the hornet hut in terms of being able to use it as a primary flight instrument. It shows the horizon and pitch ladder correctly in relation to flight patch and so on.

Air speed is shown, altitude, nav points, the E bracket is slaved to the VV like in the hornet.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

this is what it looks like, game or not...

full-596-93085-tomcat004.jpg

IT works just like the hornet hut in terms of being able to use it as a primary flight instrument. It shows the horizon and pitch ladder correctly in relation to flight patch and so on.

Air speed is shown, altitude, nav points, the E bracket is slaved to the VV like in the hornet.

Wait, so if that's the Sparrow Hawk HUD, then what's the F-14D's HUD?

Edited by Xenovia

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wait, so if that's the Sparrow Hawk HUD, then what's the F-14D's HUD?

its the same, this FSX model doesn't have the correct hud glass installed so its wrong. but the symbology is what it looks like.

I think, could be wrong on that.

47536_1268538132.jpg

Edited by Strikeeagle345

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

its the same, this FSX model doesn't have the correct hud glass installed so its wrong. but the symbology is what it looks like.

Definitely not the same. SparrowHawk HUD was a commercial HUD product chosen because it was supposed to be a cheap and fast upgrade, IIRC. But, the program started in 1998 (?) while the HUD finally entered operational service in 2001, IIRC (it was developed before, but I think there were some reliability issues with it).

Keep in mind the Sparrowhawk HUD came with the F-14B Upgrade, which brought a number of other systems, but namely the HUD and PTID in back. Information on that is very scarce due to being classified still.

They came in different stages as the HUD was finally ready in 2001 IIRC while the PTID was available from 1996 or 1997 I guess. In any case, the HUD itself would not be classified and would be described in a non-classified flight manual.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Would it be possible to do a mod that will extract HUD data like speed and altitude on the HUD or somewhere close?

I have been spoiled by the A-10C, FA-18C and F-16.

A fan boy of modern avionic here.

Kinda sounds like cheating.

Kinda sounds like cheating.
Not cheating to me. The F-14 sparrow hawk version has the HUD as primary flight instruments.

In any case, I can cope with flying the F-14B in its authentic fashion. Just have to do quite a frequent scanning of the gauges and the HUD.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset