HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

Hi boedha,

How is your 2080 handling the reverb? I'm pretty hesitant to buy the reverb because of mixed reviews. I have a cv1 and a GTX 970 so a rift s will give me a good experience boost as well I guess.....so hard to choose...

If I buy the reverb I'll have to get the 2080ti I guess and that thing is 1300 Euro here .. ouch

What do you think?

Tnx!

Jozeff

I think it actually depends (more, at least) on whether or not you have a machine capable of running the Reverb to full capacity.

If you can, then get the Reverb.

If you cannot, then get the Rift S.

The Reverb is definitely better from a resolution perspective (though not from a software, setup, controller, or headset ergonomic one), but you really will not notice the difference in resolution too much. The Reverb is GREATER but the Rift S is "GREAT ENOUGH": you can read all your instruments comfortably (and the bigger sweet spot helps with this), track bandits well enough in BFM. and you can still savor the awesome art and beauty of the world. (As a side note, while living with the CV1, whenever I used to see screenshots especially from devs hyping their work on modules I always used to feel a little twinge of regret because I knew when I got to see it it would be through globs of vaseline. No more! Now I rejoice at the eye-popping detail. I have spent a couple of hours revisiting many cockpits that were gathering dust and places I have not been in the DCS world for the long time to relish what I've been missing. Comparing the Rift S and Reverb, really they are so much, much, much closer to each other in experience/perception than the jump from CV1 ).

I still have both units here with me. Switching back and forth between one and another, I feel no (emotional) "pain" with the apparent lower resolution in the Rift S. The difference is very subtle. I do however feel the pain of the atrocious frame rates I get with the Reverb. What's the point of a beautiful world in crisp higher resolution if its shaky and wobbly or induces nausea due to bad frame rates? The Reverb is probably going back unless I can commit to upgrading my machine in the immediate future (I told myself I am going to with till the 3080-series graphics cards come out before I do this ....)

Nice - thanks for the detailed comparison certainly helps me.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hi boedha,

How is your 2080 handling the reverb? I'm pretty hesitant to buy the reverb because of mixed reviews. I have a cv1 and a GTX 970 so a rift s will give me a good experience boost as well I guess.....so hard to choose...

If I buy the reverb I'll have to get the 2080ti I guess and that thing is 1300 Euro here .. ouch

What do you think?

Tnx!

Jozeff

Well now i got a good 45 fps straight in the air with all pd 1.0 and quite all settings on max. Drops to 30 fps when i go to MP with my club.

I am on too a new system, but there is a war coming in the near future between nvidia and AMD: 3080/3080 TI and 5800 xt, 5900 xt, 5950 xt,

in following the processors: 9900KS/10000 series and the Ryzen 4000 series.

This products wil release as rumors coming between now and 6 months.

So Vulcan API is not there yet and there is no estamited time released for this.

So i am saving money for the coming months to build a new monster! :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

With the Rift S I see every single Pixel on the HUD and it was nearly impossible to read the Little labels on the Oil Pressure or NOS POS Gauge in the F16 and because the lower resolution, everything was more Rough in the image,but with the Reverb you read everything without VR Zoom and the Image is HD instead of SD in the Rift S. The Rift S Display was less Colorful and was Grey instead than Black. Yes you have to Run a powerful PC and the right Settings and Betas for the Reverb,but you can't compare it with a Rift S,that's really another Generation of HMD. The Reverb compares with a Pimax or Index and is still better.

https://uploads.mudspike.com/original/3X/f/a/fa3073ac235f12308fbeee3f1dce8c55cb88bf0a.jpeg

I play Onward and Doom VFR with the Reverb, and also here you see the better Resolution and sharper image. It's the first time I'm interested in playing Fallout VR with a HMD,because the great image.

But If you run an old PC,I would go with the Rift S also. It's a easy to run plug&play System for everyone.

I'm really a Oculus guy and had all since Day one of the DK2,but after you see a right adjusted Reverb on a powerful PC, you really can't return . I hope Oculus release a real CV2,that looks like the CV1 with better Displays as the Reverb, but for now,HP have the real CV2 High End HMD.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Edited by TOYKILLA

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

No, it looks almost real with the right Resolution Setting .

I think something is wrong with your setup.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

So the nice people at HP have sent me a new headset due to flickering issue in left eye. Anyone else been sent the Gen 2 headset. How reliable have they been?

9900K @ 5GHz, 16Gb DDR4 @ 4000Mhz C17, Samsung 970 Pro M2 x 2, GTX Titan X (Pascal), EVGA 1000w PSU, HP Reverb pro.

So I feel its time to finally jump in this thread after reading it - I am having issues with poor FPS in VR at any settings with my Reverb. I have tried everything all at low, and still manage to get (somehow) 32 or so FPS... and this is with a pixel density of 1... My system specs are below. I am sure I am missing something clearly obvious but its a headscratcher for me..

In 2d I have no issues with 100plus fps, and can even run Prepar3d v4 at max settings (no ground traffic) without any issues at a solid 30 fps with add on aircraft and scenery. And with sim racing the Reverb provides a beautiful experience.

Any help would be appreciated.

Current System:

Intel Core i9-9900K 5 GHz | Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO LGA1151 Mo bo | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200| GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB WINDFORCE | Win10 Pro | Reverb for VR and 43" 4k tv for 2d

You have to use the Steam Beta,the Windows mixed Reality Steam Beta and if you both installed, you have to turn on Motionreprojection in the WMR Settings file.

I can't see your System Specs with Tapatalk Mobile.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have those both installed and the projection on.. but no change in FPS.. I even tried it off..

Specs are

Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz | Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO LGA1151 Mo bo | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200| GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB WINDFORCE | Win10 Pro

Its just super frustrating because seeing what other people get on similar machines theres no reason to be where I am..

Current System:

Intel Core i9-9900K 5 GHz | Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO LGA1151 Mo bo | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200| GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB WINDFORCE | Win10 Pro | Reverb for VR and 43" 4k tv for 2d

Do you have River Tuner or another frame Limiter running? I have nearly the Same System and flying with the Reverb is like a Dream come true @ almost 45FPS on every situation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Philski you have that great i9-9900K at 3.6 GHz try turning it up. I have my 8700K at 5.2 ghz and have everything just about maxed out and rarely drop below 45 fps.

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, 64gb Trident Z 3600 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

I'm thinking about this too.. but,

I have he Oculus Rift and several games in the Oculus Store. Will I loose those games? And what about my Steam VR games? And what about Reverb games?? Do they also have their own store? If so will I loose those games if I upgrade to something else later?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

No, install the revive patch and you can use all the Oculus Store Games also.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Could you guys post prints of your settings in game, in steam, and in nvidia etc? And tell all the twaks you have made? I am also on 9900 2080ti with some frame problems. And a final question is, do your steam vr settings menu freeze? Mine does after maybe 10 secounds when I am in the middle of making changes.

So I double checked and dont have any G or V sync enabled. And I did have this overclocked but I rolled everything back to stock to see if it was the overclock... no change.:doh:

Steam VR settings both at 100%

Current System:

Be sure to have set steam VR "video" settings at 100% (150% by default)

and DCS to 100, or 20%*500%.

with fpsVr utility you can see the final sample in DCS.

100% in Video and how many % exactly in DCS application?

Could you guys post prints of your settings in game, in steam, and in nvidia etc? And tell all the twaks you have made? I am also on 9900 2080ti with some frame problems. And a final question is, do your steam vr settings menu freeze? Mine does after maybe 10 secounds when I am in the middle of making changes.

Have a look at my imageshack link in my thread here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=253988

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Ok so weirdest thing - I uninstalled all of DCS, all of Windows Mixed Reality (stand alone and Steam Beta) as well as Steam VR... reinstalled it and we are at 40-45...

Now the AA... is there any way to get it better? In game settings are all max - no SSAA or MXAA, AF is set to 16x

Sorry to be a pain but I really want to get better at this - I have played since LOMAC and never put in an effort... now I have the time to - thanks in advance.

Current System:

No @ 5,1Ghz Static,it runs very normal with a Bequiet Air Tower Cooler. Nothing special.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]