Auto Stop

Elof

OK new to DCS a few weeks Back and decided to buy the F-18c. Well it seems to auto stop all the time even during training missions when all I do is push the key the mission asks me to push. Have I got something set wrong? Or this a bug. I looked in settings and all seems normal I have no hot key set to autostop.

i think he means that the training mission talks, tells you to press <button> and waits until thats done.

indeed, i had problems with this mechanism. if you press the button before the talking ends, it appears to not register the press. try to wait until the talking is over (you can increase time speed btw).

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

I will be in middle of a mission.. Eg: Learning to use Gun etc. The Plane just shuts down and turns everything off. Just like when you use the auto-stop LWIN+END. Yet I am never using that option. Aircraft goes Bye Bye falls out of sky. Oh and this can happen and did 3x last night while in a Training mission while in pause while the narrator spoke.:pilotfly:

Edited by Elof

I will be in middle of a mission.. Eg: Learning to use Gun etc. The Plane just shuts down and turns everything off. Just like when you use the auto-stop LWIN+END. Yet I am never using that option. Aircraft goes Bye Bye falls out of sky. Oh and this can happen and did 3x last night while in a Training mission while in pause while the narrator spoke.:pilotfly:

I just tried the gun training mission and no problems at all. Can't replicate this problem. :huh:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

Oh well must be my end somehow then. I just got no idea what. I using a brand new X-56 Hotas I-5 8400, 16gb Ram at 2666, only a 1060 3gb and DCS in on a new 500gb 970evo nvme ssd. Would it auto shut down due to something there? Maybe the Hotas?

I do not have Auto Stop set to anything on Hotas though. Just keeps happening to me somehow.

Should I reinstall maybe?

Any help is greatful thx.

Edited by Elof

disregard

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Above post deleted. Wrong plane! ;)

...as for the F/A-18C, do you fly with lots of afterburner? The F/A-18C guzzles fuel galore in afterburner and it sounds like the engines shutting down?

That means no more electric power as the generator is running of the engines.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

the aircraft was shutting down in mission while paused with no direct intervention from me , except to push the buttons highlighted by mission.

Think I have found the problem. Had Hotas plugged into a USB hub and have since removed them and plugged straight into rare usb points in computer. Have being playing 2 hours now with no shut downs. How the hub is shutting down the aircraft no idea. Would have thought if lose connection would have lost controls not shut down but....

Hopefully fixed and thx to everyone for the help :pilotfly:

I had similar problems with a USB hub. The axis got to 0 and then full in 0.5 seconds. Some planes don't like it. After using build in USB ports the problem was gone.

Gesendet von meinem FIG-LX1 mit Tapatalk

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

Same, I have my Warthog plugged into the MB ports but run everything else off of a powered USB hub. No issues after that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog