Buccaneer S.2B

Dassault Rafale

Saab JAS 39 Gripen

Eurofighter EF-2000 Typhoon

AMX International A-11 Ghibli

Alenia Aermacchi MB-339

STOP STOP STOP with AMERICAN planes

STOP STOP STOP with the Eurotrash listed above

Or how about lets make some of the great, iconic planes of the world and not worry too much about where they come from. There are great American planes and while we already have quite a few of those, there obviously are more. The F-111 is one example.

There are also some great European planes, of which we admittedly don't have as many, yet, but then a lot of them haven't seen as wide a use. No, the Panavia Tornado is not a 'cheap knock-off F-111' at all. Both planes have a lot of similarities, but they also have a lot differences. Both great planes, both rightfully popular.

F-111C with Pave tack!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

L-F-111 inspired by Europeans the TORNADO desine.

F-111 unlike the tornado cannot carry nuclear weapons.

F-111 was specialized in precision bombardment with laser-guided bombs.

3/3 wrong, not bad.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

STOP STOP STOP AMERICAN FIGHTERS

we want anothere tipe of airplane.

Super Etendard (Modernisé)

Atlas Cheetah

SIAI-Marchetti SF-260

FMA IA-58 Pucará

Embraer A-29 Super Tucano

English Electric Lightning F.52/F.53

FMA IA-63 Pampa III

IAI Nesher

Chengdu J-10 Dalilong

Xian JH-7 Flounder

Mitsubishi F-2

HAL Tejas

IAI Kfir C.1/C.2/C.7/TC.7

IAR 93 Vultur---J-22 Orao.

who builds airplaneplanes in the world there are not only the AMEICAN industries but there are other important industries better than those American.

Edited by Xilon_x

You can low level runs like that in the viggen currently.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Well I Must agree we lack diversity. The F-16 all tho albeit the most popular jet after the Tomcat and Eagle maybe, is redundant. Sam capabilities as the Hornet, basically. I wish for more interesting rides, like A-6 Intruder, F-117 yes, Tornado, Jaguar, Nesher or Kfir, asn SU 17/22, Su 39 full clikabel would be adream come true.. Su 24... anythiog diferent! I flew Falcon for over 10 years I have had my share of Viper fliying allready...

YES WE CAN!

I CAN GRAMMAR!

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

STOP STOP STOP with AMERICAN planes

It's time to see something different.

TORNADO,

SEPECAT Jaguar GR.1

Buccaneer S.2B

Dassault Rafale

Saab JAS 39 Gripen

Eurofighter EF-2000 Typhoon

AMX International A-11 Ghibli

Alenia Aermacchi MB-339

Super Etendard (Modernisé)

Atlas Cheetah

SIAI-Marchetti SF-260

FMA IA-58 Pucará

Embraer A-29 Super Tucano

English Electric Lightning F.52/F.53

FMA IA-63 Pampa III

IAI Nesher

Chengdu J-10 Dalilong

Xian JH-7 Flounder

Mitsubishi F-2

HAL Tejas

IAI Kfir C.1/C.2/C.7/TC.7

IAR 93 Vultur---J-22 Orao.

So, what you want boils down to trainers, simple attack craft, and 4.5 genners we've no hope in Hell, Michigan of getting? It takes a lot more than just warm feeling in the cockles of your heart to get something into DCS. It takes widespread interest in the product, a dedicated team to create it, and operators/manufacturers to offer invaluable information on how to model all aspects of the product. I'd love an SF.260, they're beautiful aircraft. But, a piston trainer/light attacker? Do you recall people tearing out their hair (or rather what remnants of hair may adorn their chrome domes) over the additions of the L-39, Hawk, and C-101? It was a trainer take over! Nothing but trainers, the sky is falling!

Do you seriously not recall that?

Also, there's more to an aircraft than its national origin. A lot more to it. After all, they become cultural icons and their nationality of origin takes a back seat to how they're employed. The F-111 is a great example, itself.

The F-111 left US service in 1996, but it soldiered on in Australia until 2010. For a decade and a half, the F-111 was an exclusively Aussie bird. A glorious supersonic bin chicken. It's a part of Australian aviation culture. Another great example is the F-14. Sure, it had the leading role in Topgun (costarring Tom Cruise), so of course it's an icon of 80's and 90's Americana.

But, it's gone, now. Well, from US service. The Iranians still fly it and what do you want to bet it held in equally high regard in Iran for its performance during the Iran-Iraq war? I'm betting Iranian kids who fancy pursuing a career in aviation build models of the F-14 just like I did when I was a kid.

The Martin B-57 is a legend in US aviation culture. It's British. And, I'm betting a lot of European kids grew up marveling over the Viper.

Point is, aircraft become the culture and their place of origin is a curiosity at best for those who consume that culture.

P.S. if we ever get an F-111, I really hope an Aussie makes a custom skin for it and calls their -111 "Bin Chicken." That'd be amazing.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Do you recall people tearing out their hair (or rather what remnants of hair may adorn their chrome domes) over the additions of the L-39, Hawk, and C-101? It was a trainer take over! Nothing but trainers, the sky is falling!

That whole shenanigans was so overblown, 3 trainers is hardly a takeover, I'm sorry but the whole hysteria around it was just muscle straining levels of eye-rolling we're seeing it returning whenever we get or people ask for anything not directly combat capable. I mean please...

I'd love an F-111, preferably an F model (as most capable) but anything will go, I would also like a Tornado, being a Brit Gr.1/1A and/or F.3

For me I see where Xilon is coming from, I get the whole thing with wanting aircraft that are native, at the same time I get the whole thing with demand, what's popular and so forth.

Not only that but Buccaneer, Jaguar, Super Etendard? Simple attack aircraft, seriously? They're no more simple than the F-111... Just smaller. I mean the Buccaneer and Super Etendard can carry AShMs, and the Etendard was actually used in a pretty big conflict (so was the F-111F, but just saying) and would fit in perfectly with the South Atlantic map RAZBAM are giving us... Just sayin...

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

and INDIA? Have you not taken it into consideration? India is the most populous nation in the world 1.28 billion people. India, the former British colony, the India that sent means to space in India has the atomic bomb. INDIA ALSO PRODUCES AIRCRAFT AS THE FAMOUS TEJAS.

Chinese airplanes? in dcs NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING. China is considered the future world power in DCS no Chinese aircraft. UNBELIEVABLE only American aircraft I have the nausea of ​​American aircraft.

the only successful project from America according to me the famous F-16 that deserves all its considerations the rest of the American airplanes with f-35 are a bluff.

Edited by Xilon_x

LOL.

Its all about availability of documentation and politics. You wont see chinese planes for that reason or russian ones. Same for anything even vaguely modern from europe. Its not because there isnt interest or ED are being meanie pants.

L-F-111 inspired by Europeans the TORNADO desine.

F-111 unlike the tornado cannot carry nuclear weapons.

Seriously where do you get your alternative facts?

F111 was designed and put into service over a decade earlier than the Tornado. IN fact the Brits had at one time considered buying the F111 before joining what would become Tornado Program.

Furthermore F111 could carry nuclear armament, like B43, and B57 Tactical nuclear bombs as well as the AGm69 SRAM ( Short range attack Missile) , a missile with a nuclear warhead with a range of 50 nautical miles.

DolFmle.png

F-111 was specialized in precision bombardment with laser-guided bombs.

No it was meant as a low level conventional Interdiction bomber.

Precision Strike capability only begun being realized with F111D & to a greater extend with F111F variant, and enhanced with subsequent upgrade packages like the inclusions of the PAVE tack FLIR Targeting pod for the F111F variant as well as Multi function Displays . The F111's replacement was the F15E strike Eagle.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

F-111C/G/F any or all of those three would be great.

Bonus for RF-111C - honestly photo recce sounds boring but I have often thought about missions in a series where players (or perhaps a small subset of them) would have to get their own recon.

Extra bonus for EF-111A - I think this would be a great addition even if only AI to begin with.

Comments about the F-111 being only suited to huge maps.. PG map is pretty darn big, and in Desert Storm they weren't exactly operating from Guam you know. When you need to get in fast for a deep strike and have the throttle firewalled - or close to it - for a lot of the mission, only a big aircraft like the F-111 will have the legs. One could make the same argument about the F-14 if we follow the logic of these people- long range fleet interceptor... and our only maps are the Persian Gulf and the Caucasus (and in the case of the latter, carriers that can accommodate the Tomcat, cannot legally operate in the Black Sea)

KEV2GO

Tactical Nuclear Armament: all US F-111s, except for the specific EF-111A version, were equipped to accommodate various nuclear free-fall weapons: B43, B57, B61. The FB-111A was able to load, in addition to the war cargo previously listed, also two AGM-69 Short Range Attack Missiles placed in the bomb compartment and another 4 accommodated on the external piers.

I was wrong also carrying nuclear weapons ......... but unlike the TORNADO F-111 it was weak in flying down the tornado and much more agile in grazing flight.

Also, there's more to an aircraft than its national origin. A lot more to it. After all, they become cultural icons and their nationality of origin takes a back seat to how they're employed. The F-111 is a great example, itself.

[…]

Point is, aircraft become the culture and their place of origin is a curiosity at best for those who consume that culture.

That's very well put.