3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

8 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

Did you check your graphics settings ? Can you post a track ?

Not too sure which graphics settings I would need to check?
Settings are as they were when 3Dmigoto works installed on it's own.  MSAA is off, all of the HMD.hlsl settings are default as written by the 3Dmigoto zip file.

What would you need shown on the track, load cockpit and attempt to adjust the settings? Would it record the adjustment of the shaders, I thought the track was just a timeline of events that can be loaded rather than an AV recording?

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

6 hours ago, edmuss said:

@lefuneste01 Testing with SOH Clearwater I can get parts of 3Dmigoto to work, glass reflections can be turned down and changes applied ok but the HUD and MFD sharpening doesn't appear to change.

Any thoughts?

Same. I 've tried several reinstalls, and running with no additional shader mod. Several things just aren't visibly obvious, like cockpit color, sharpening have no effect.

I tried the shadow softening and I get some scattered, black noise horizontal bar across the screen. When I try to adjust outside color, it's like hitting brightness or contrast instead.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

2 hours ago, edmuss said:

Not too sure which graphics settings I would need to check?
Settings are as they were when 3Dmigoto works installed on it's own.  MSAA is off, all of the HMD.hlsl settings are default as written by the 3Dmigoto zip file.

What would you need shown on the track, load cockpit and attempt to adjust the settings? Would it record the adjustment of the shaders, I thought the track was just a timeline of events that can be loaded rather than an AV recording?

The track is to allowing me to easilly reproduce the problem in the same context than you. These HUD and MFD change are relying on plane used, but sometime DCS is doing strange things: I discovered that the UH1 is not using same shader if it's raining or not, or the AV8B is not using the same shader for glass for some missions.

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

I'm only in the A10C II at the moment, the hud and mfd sharpening worked when it was stand alone without the clearwater mod but that unfortunately leaves a good portion of frametime on the table 😞

I'll try to record a track later on.

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat

5 minutes ago, edmuss said:

I'm only in the A10C II at the moment, the hud and mfd sharpening worked when it was stand alone without the clearwater mod but that unfortunately leaves a good portion of frametime on the table 😞

I'll try to record a track later on.

That's strange because I validated my mod with the A10CII, and all was working.

Did you compare your graphics settings with the picture provided in troubleshooting guide ? Can you post also your options.lua here ?

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

3 hours ago, Sr. said:

Same. I 've tried several reinstalls, and running with no additional shader mod. Several things just aren't visibly obvious, like cockpit color, sharpening have no effect.

I tried the shadow softening and I get some scattered, black noise horizontal bar across the screen. When I try to adjust outside color, it's like hitting brightness or contrast instead.

Can you

• edit d3dx.ini and modify the line "hunting=0" by "hunting=2"
  • launch the game, choose instant action / Su25T / Free flight
  • Once in cockpit, pause the game then press NUMPAD 0 => green lines will appear at top and bottom of 2D screen
  • Press F8 : the game will freeze a while, then a green line will shortly appears at left bottom
  • A folder FrameAnalysis-2022-01-*-* should have been created
  • Go in it, you should have only log.txt and ShaderUsage.txt => post them here.

1 hour ago, lefuneste01 said:

Can you

• edit d3dx.ini and modify the line "hunting=0" by "hunting=2"
  • launch the game, choose instant action / Su25T / Free flight
  • Once in cockpit, pause the game then press NUMPAD 0 => green lines will appear at top and bottom of 2D screen
  • Press F8 : the game will freeze a while, then a green line will shortly appears at left bottom
  • A folder FrameAnalysis-2022-01-*-* should have been created
  • Go in it, you should have only log.txt and ShaderUsage.txt => post them here.

log.txt ShaderUsage.txt

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

Hi Lefuneste, I will ask if you could disable flat shadowing by your mod, just to avoid a bug related with HUGE fps reduction, that occours at 5-10 minutes interval (just at dawns or dusks, when the sun rises or hides).

I posted this many times to ED. It seems to me there is a bug related with "enlargegment" of objects FLAT SHADOWS rendering, specially at 5 minutes interval, during dusk and dawns, that cause ENORMOUS / HUGE fps / frametime GPU reduction. Specially its quite noticeable over forest or big cities (I posted this bug many times in other threads, since many years ago)

I post 3 tracks at different times. 4:28 AM, 4:35 AM and 4:45 AM.

As you can see, exactly in 4:28 AM track, just before the sun rise, there is a HUGE fps reduction, everytime flat shadows are enabled. After five minutes, FPS becomes normal.

With flat shadows off, there is no penalty reduction. Any chance to disable ONLY flat shadow rendering by your 3DMIGOTO mod, make us possible disabling flat shadowing WITHOUT disableing terrain and mountain shadows?, just before shaders encryptation in 2.7.8 we can disable by modding a shader files.

In addition, I post other threads I noticed regarding the old mod of flatshadowing, that allows maintain other shadows from ground terrain, just only removing the ugly flat shadows:

FLAT SHADOWS ON - FPS REDUCTION AT DAWN 4_28_HUGE!!!.trk FLAT SHADOWS ON - FPS REDUCTION AT DAWN 4_35_NORMAL.trk FLAT SHADOWS ON - FPS REDUCTION AT DAWN 4_45_NORMAIL.trk

Edited by Gryzor

16 hours ago, Sr. said:

What can I say...You are not using the d3dx.ini file provided in the v12.

So either you use the things I provided as they are and I can help, or you do what you want and mixed things up, but in this case do not complain and ask for support.

8 hours ago, Gryzor said:

Hi Lefuneste, I will ask if you could disable flat shadowing by your mod, just to avoid a bug related with HUGE fps reduction, that occours at 5-10 minutes interval (just at dawns or dusks, when the sun rises or hides).

I posted this many times to ED. It seems to me there is a bug related with "enlargegment" of objects FLAT SHADOWS rendering, specially at 5 minutes interval, during dusk and dawns, that cause ENORMOUS / HUGE fps / frametime GPU reduction. Specially its quite noticeable over forest or big cities (I posted this bug many times in other threads, since many years ago)

I post 3 tracks at different times. 4:28 AM, 4:35 AM and 4:45 AM.

As you can see, exactly in 4:28 AM track, just before the sun rise, there is a HUGE fps reduction, everytime flat shadows are enabled. After five minutes, FPS becomes normal.

With flat shadows off, there is no penalty reduction. Any chance to disable ONLY flat shadow rendering by your 3DMIGOTO mod, make us possible disabling flat shadowing WITHOUT disableing terrain and mountain shadows?, just before shaders encryptation in 2.7.8 we can disable by modding a shader files.

In addition, I post other threads I noticed regarding the old mod of flatshadowing, that allows maintain other shadows from ground terrain, just only removing the ugly flat shadows:

It looks like there is something that can be tried, because my 3080Ti is saturated and CPU is green. I'll have a look. But I do not promise anything !

Capture.JPG

Edited by lefuneste01

I found the culprit, but I need now to understand what it is doing...

With the Pixel Shader 1ba049780bcf324b not disabled:

Capture.JPG

With Pixel Shader 1ba049780bcf324b disabled:

Capture2.JPG

The funny thing is I did not see any differences between both (except fps of course !)

• Like 1

Can we disable the Pixel Shader 1ba049780bcf324b ourselves? Or will there be an update?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

23 hours ago, VFGiPJP said:

Can we disable the Pixel Shader 1ba049780bcf324b ourselves? Or will there be an update?

Yes, I will do an update with a menu option to toggle ON/OFF this optimization but in the meantime, you can do it by adding these lines in d3dx.ini

[ShaderOverrideFlagFShadowBat]
Hash=1ba049780bcf324b 
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagFShadowTree]
Hash=216ae19e7524d52c
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagFShadowObj]
Hash=2393ddf929fb4877
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagFShadowBatSyria]
Hash=def00304f11893cd 
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagFShadowObjSyria]
Hash=8ac29f8cc63522ba
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagFShadowTreeSyria]
Hash=930b574b0c42d082
handling=skip

after

[ShaderOverrideFlagTest11]
Hash=a21f77234f5e27a7
if $fixCraterBug  == 2 && $MGunSmoke > 100
 	handling = skip
endif
$MGunSmoke = $MGunSmoke + 1

Please test and report, I really do not know what this shader is doing. It may have side effects...

My config is currently Heat-Of-Speed clear water version (no IC) of Kegetys Shader mod, so I do not know if it will work for vanilla DCS.

And do not expect miracle from me. Shader de activation is only working when GPU is overloaded.

There will be some cases linked to CPU usage when there is nothing that can be done, like this one, for example:

Capture.JPG

Instead of going to Vulkan they should really try to fix the current bottlenecks in the game... By the way 3DMigoto is not Vulkan compliant.

Edited by lefuneste01

Unfortunately, not much difference to me. 😞

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

@lefuneste01  Out of curiosity, when your GPU is saturated there your frametimes are orange spikes, I'm getting the same but with purple spikes (dropped frames I think but there is still an underlying green line at 16ish ms), do you know what that would indicate? Possibly a shader problem or a vram problem?

Will try the shader edit above and retest and attempt to get a track.

Edited by edmuss

I am using this "DCS VR Shaders mod for 2.7.9.17830" and this "DCS update Kegetys SpeedOfHeat VR Shaders mod for 3Dmigoto v1.2"

The fps is more or less the same as I use "Shadow - Low" and "Terran Shadow - Flat Only" in the DCS setting. The GPU loading and RAM usage are more or less the same.

Edited by VFGiPJP

2 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

Yes, I will do an update with a menu option to toggle ON/OFF this optimization but in the meantime, you can do it by adding these lines in d3dx.ini

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP1]
Hash=1ba049780bcf324b 
handling=skip

after

[ShaderOverrideFlagTest11]
Hash=a21f77234f5e27a7
if $fixCraterBug  == 2 && $MGunSmoke > 100
 	handling = skip
endif
$MGunSmoke = $MGunSmoke + 1

Please test and report, I really do not know what this shader is doing. It may have side effects...

My config is currently Heat-Of-Speed clear water version (no IC) of Kegetys Shader mod, so I do not know if it will work for vanilla DCS.

And do not expect miracle from me. Shader de activation is only working when GPU is overloaded.

There will be some cases linked to CPU usage when there is nothing that can be done, like this one, for example:

Capture.JPG

Instead of going to Vulkan they should really try to fix the current bottlenecks in the game... By the way 3DMigoto is not Vulkan compliant.

Hi, I modified the d3dx.ini with:

Hash=1ba049780bcf324b 
handling=skip

And It works! No FPS huge hits at dusk/dawn over cities like Nevada! MANY THANKS!

However I noticed that not ALL flat shadows are removed, so there is still a FPS on these situations.I attach a screenshots (shadow from building are removed by 1ba049780bcf324b, but flat shadows of tree remains, whick still causes huges frametimes at dusk/dawn). In some situations, these tree flat shadows causes a HUGE FPS hit at dusk/dawn, is very noticeable over Caucasus forests (please let me know if you need a track).

Could you find please what shader controls tree flat shadowing just for removing ALL flat shadows?

MANY THANKS for your support. I hope some ED see your thread, I agree totally with you that ED must make an effort to optimize the sim with DX, specially these bottlenecks (effect HUGE FPS hit and DUSK/DAWN flat shadoing FPS HIT), even they´re moving to Vulkan.

EDIT: I add two tracks with FLAT SHADOWING GPU FRAMETIME HUGE INCREASED over Caucasus forest.

Huge performance it occours concretely at 8:23 (peak fps hit), and lowers from that to normal performance at 8:45 (with your mod, this only occours with forest, not in big cities because flat shadows from buildings are not rendered).

Screen_220108_142234.png

FLAT SHADOWS ON - FPS REDUCTION AT DAWN 8_45_NORMAL!!!.trk FLAT SHADOWS ON - FPS REDUCTION AT DAWN 8_23_HUGE!!!.trk

Edited by Gryzor

4 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

What can I say...You are not using the d3dx.ini file provided in the v12.

So either you use the things I provided as they are and I can help, or you do what you want and mixed things up, but in this case do not complain and ask for support.

Not sure what YOU'RE looking at but I applied the v12 using OVGME. And THIS is the version it shows to be using.

Screenshot 2022-01-08 100750.png

--Arthur C Clark

This is what I saw when I look the log.

Log file of DCS Installation xwith the zip file of the mod  in the stable version you can download

analyse_options: 00001000
000001 3DMigoto post {
000001 3DMigoto  [Present] $mgunsmoke = 0
000001 3DMigoto    = 0.000000
000001 3DMigoto  [Present] $bombsmoke = 0
000001 3DMigoto  [Present] $eyedrawnflag = 0
000001 3DMigoto  [Present] $flagmask = 0
000001 3DMigoto  [Present] clear = resourcelabelmask
000001 3DMigoto    No resource to clear
000001 3DMigoto  [Present] $backupmasking = 0
000001 3DMigoto  [Present] $optimradio = 0
000001 3DMigoto  [Present] y2 = $vrflag
000001 3DMigoto    ini param override = 1.000000
000001 3DMigoto  [Present] w6 = $setupflag

Your log file

analyse_options: 00000000
000001 3DMigoto post {
000001 3DMigoto  [Present] $eyedrawnflag = 0
000001 3DMigoto  [Present] $flagmask = 0
000001 3DMigoto  [Present] clear = resourcelabelmask
000001 3DMigoto    No resource to clear
000001 3DMigoto  [Present] $backupmasking = 0
000001 3DMigoto  [Present] $optimradio = 0
000001 3DMigoto  [Present] y2 = $vrflag
000001 3DMigoto    ini param override = 0.000000
000001 3DMigoto  [Present] w6 = $setupflag
000001 3DMigoto    ini param override = 0.000000
000001 3DMigoto  [Present] x7 = $\users_settings\user_keymapping_setup.ini\setupmode
000001 3DMigoto    ini param override = 1.000000

What is in the d3dx.ini file (that you can download from first post):

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Present]

post $MGunSmoke = 0
post $BombSmoke = 0

;default eye
post $EyeDrawnFlag = 0

post $flagMask = 0
post clear = ResourceLabelMask

; to handle case where depthmap is used instead of o7
post $backupMasking = 0

So you can see that you are not using the good file.

I posted sometime ago a "beta" version of the 12.0 for testing, I think you used it but did not update it. If you take this kind of version instead of the "official" ones, it's up to you to follow the later update. Or just install the version updated in first post.

The first thing to do when you have problem is to ensure you are using the last "official" version of the mod.

1 hour ago, Sr. said:

Not sure what YOU'RE looking at but I applied the v12 using OVGME. And THIS is the version it shows to be using.

Screenshot 2022-01-08 100750.png

I'm gonna make this suggestion again because I think perhaps @lefuneste01 misunderstood.  I'm suggesting to make it less work and less confusing.  I see most of the confusion coming from people using different versions of the shader mod and 3Dmigoto.  Just make 2 all inclusive versions.

1.  Original 3Dmigoto.

2.  Optimized 3Dmigoto.  Take parts of Kegetys that you think has the most performance benefit and include it as one mod in this version.

Then tell people not to use shader mod.  It seems to me only people willing to edit ini and lua files are using this.

Edited by Taz1004
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Gryzor said:

Hi, I modified the d3dx.ini with:

Hash=1ba049780bcf324b 
handling=skip

And It works! No FPS huge hits at dusk/dawn over cities like Nevada! MANY THANKS!

However I noticed that not ALL flat shadows are removed, so there is still a FPS on these situations.I attach a screenshots (shadow from building are removed by 1ba049780bcf324b, but flat shadows of tree remains, whick still causes huges frametimes at dusk/dawn). In some situations, these tree flat shadows causes a HUGE FPS hit at dusk/dawn, is very noticeable over Caucasus forests (please let me know if you need a track).

Could you find please what shader controls tree flat shadowing just for removing ALL flat shadows?

MANY THANKS for your support. I hope some ED see your thread, I agree totally with you that ED must make an effort to optimize the sim with DX, specially these bottlenecks (effect HUGE FPS hit and DUSK/DAWN flat shadoing FPS HIT), even they´re moving to Vulkan.

EDIT: I add two tracks with FLAT SHADOWING GPU FRAMETIME HUGE INCREASED over Caucasus forest.

Huge performance it occours concretely at 8:23 (peak fps hit), and lowers from that to normal performance at 8:45 (with your mod, this only occours with forest, not in big cities because flat shadows from buildings are not rendered).

I updated the post here to include shaders for batiment, objects and trees. It should work for  Syria also. I think I will setup menu option to choose which shadow to render...

23 minutes ago, Taz1004 said:

I'm gonna make this suggestion again because I think perhaps @lefuneste01 misunderstood.  I'm suggesting to make it less work and less confusing.  I see most of the confusion coming from people using different versions of the shader mod and 3Dmigoto.  Just make 2 all inclusive versions.

1.  Original 3Dmigoto.

2.  Optimized 3Dmigoto.  Take parts of Kegetys that you think has the most performance benefit and include it as one mod in this version.

Then tell people not to use shader mod.  It seems to me only people willing to edit ini and lua files are using this.

If someone is willing to diffuse a merged version of my mod with shader mod, it will not be a problem for me.

I will maintain things as they are described in first post (you will be able to do it yourself) and put a link to the post that maybe done for this version.

Edited by lefuneste01

27 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

I updated the post here to include shaders for batiment, objects and trees. It should work for  Syria also. I think I will setup menu option to choose which shadow to render...

If someone is willing to diffuse a merged version of my mod with shader mod, it will not be a problem for me.

I will maintain things as they are described in first post (you will be able to do it yourself) and put a link to the post that maybe done for this version.

Thanks, Syria flat shadows stills remains with last lines you´ve provided

Screen_220108_193212.png

8 minutes ago, Gryzor said:

Thanks, Syria flat shadows stills remains with last lines you´ve provided

Can you post a small track or a way to reproduce easilly ? I launched a quick mission on Syria and dis not see tree shadows...

28 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

Can you post a small track or a way to reproduce easilly ? I launched a quick mission on Syria and dis not see tree shadows...

Yes of course, I post 2 tracks, one of them currently at 5:32 AM are the peak fps hit (just before the sun rises above horizon). The other one, shows the shadows projected.

FLAT SHADOWS ON - SYRIA_NORMAL FPS!!!.trk FLAT SHADOWS ON - SYRIA_HUGE AT DAWN 5_32 FPS HIT!!!.trk

Edited by Gryzor