3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

1 hour ago, lefuneste01 said:

I was surpised by fps, so I did some measurements with fpsVR in Quick Mission / A10CII / takeoff,  without and with my mod, without and with Kegetys mod. I supressed my DCS setting and set them to the value I used, to check if something may impact fps on this side also.

With the last beta, it seems that the Kegetys mod is actually slightly decreasing fps ! At least with this scenario when you need every single fps...

As I was not able to find any new "readable" shader in last beta (even though they removed white balance) I think they moved additional shader into encrypted files. So maybe Kegetys optimization are not taken into account. From my point of view, it's no more worth to install it and risk install issue. Too bad.

Which Kegetys mod do you mean specifically? I am going to further test with the mods tonight trying to fix the night issue. I will run an A-10CII-specific trackfile to use as a benchmark so I can observe the differences in performance between the various mod combinations. Will report back my findings here as well.

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

1 hour ago, Ready said:

Which Kegetys mod do you mean specifically? I am going to further test with the mods tonight trying to fix the night issue. I will run an A-10CII-specific trackfile to use as a benchmark so I can observe the differences in performance between the various mod combinations. Will report back my findings here as well.

The full version, this is the one that give the most fps win. See the first post of this thread to get the patch to make it working with the last beta.

Do not use the patch for my mod if you want to benchmark it. And I think it's best to use a real mission than a track to do testing, otherwise you may miss the real mission  game context and find fps win you'll never seen when playing.

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

12 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

The full version, this is the one that give the most fps win. See the first post of this thread to get the patch to make it working with the last beta.

Do not use the patch for my mod if you want to benchmark it. And I think it's best to use a real mission than a track to do testing, otherwise you may miss the real mission  game context and find fps win you'll never seen when playing.

The full version, this is the one that give the most fps win.
As far as I know the open water is the most performant one at the moment but I will install the simplex instead, to be able to quickly change mod combinations without having to wait too long. You reported just earlier the Kegetys mod is degrading performance? Did you look at the simplex version(VR Shaders 2.7.0.4625_v2.1 (Simplex))?

See the first post of this thread to get the patch to make it working with the last beta.
Just to be clear I follow you; you mean your 3Dmigoto patch for the last OB? (DCS VR Shaders mod patch for 2.7.7.14727 in your zipfile)

Do not use the patch for my mod if you want to benchmark it.
I don't understand. Why not?

And I think it's best to use a real mission than a track to do testing, otherwise you may miss the real mission  game context and find fps win you'll never seen when playing.
If I were to fly real missions to compare it would take very long (so not feasible to do many quick tests) and I would have to turn on motion smoothing (otherwise I could not stand the visuals), which would render the testing useless because it would try to force the 45FPS. The FPSVR benchmarking via trackfiles works really well and gives me a way to 1-to-1 compare changes, even though it gives me averages and does not include everything I will encounter in a mission.

When I install 3Dmigoto I keep getting the washed out hangar and night issue. (same screen as posted earlier by Sr.) I ran a  DCS repair and cleaned the metashaders2 and FX shaders as well. I installed and reinstalled and tested 3Dmigoto 2 times in a row. Everytime the same issue..

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

9 hours ago, Ready said:

The full version, this is the one that give the most fps win.
As far as I know the open water is the most performant one at the moment but I will install the simplex instead, to be able to quickly change mod combinations without having to wait too long. You reported just earlier the Kegetys mod is degrading performance? Did you look at the simplex version(VR Shaders 2.7.0.4625_v2.1 (Simplex))?

See the first post of this thread to get the patch to make it working with the last beta.
Just to be clear I follow you; you mean your 3Dmigoto patch for the last OB? (DCS VR Shaders mod patch for 2.7.7.14727 in your zipfile)

Do not use the patch for my mod if you want to benchmark it.
I don't understand. Why not?

And I think it's best to use a real mission than a track to do testing, otherwise you may miss the real mission  game context and find fps win you'll never seen when playing.
If I were to fly real missions to compare it would take very long (so not feasible to do many quick tests) and I would have to turn on motion smoothing (otherwise I could not stand the visuals), which would render the testing useless because it would try to force the 45FPS. The FPSVR benchmarking via trackfiles works really well and gives me a way to 1-to-1 compare changes, even though it gives me averages and does not include everything I will encounter in a mission.

When I install 3Dmigoto I keep getting the washed out hangar and night issue. (same screen as posted earlier by Sr.) I ran a  DCS repair and cleaned the metashaders2 and FX shaders as well. I installed and reinstalled and tested 3Dmigoto 2 times in a row. Everytime the same issue..

As I know, other version of Kegetys mod removed some modified shaders, so some optimizations.

If you use kegetys mod, use the "DCS VR Shaders mod patch for 2.7.7.14727" on top of it. Do not use the "update Kegetys VR Shaders mod for 3Dmigoto v1.1" because it will introduce some 3dmigoto variables in the Kegetys shaders. The purpose here is to check impact of Kegetys mod. If you use "update Kegetys VR Shaders mod for 3Dmigoto v1.1"  or "DCS VR Shaders mod patch for 2.7.7.14727"  on anything else than original Kegetys mod it may have unwanted side effects.

My mod introduce ~5 fps loss (depending on options) so do not use it to define the current impact of Kegetys mod on fps otherwise you won't be able to understand which mod is doing what.

I am surprised that the 3dmigoto mod alone id creating the night issue you shown. Are you using options shown in troubleshooting guide and no other mods ? That is full repair, just 3dmigoto mod install (without any patch things related to shader mod).

Edited by lefuneste01

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Hello @lefuneste01Thanks for updating the mod for the OB! I have a minor problem when uninstalling it now with OvGME: 

ERROR: GME_DirRemove:: RemoveDirectoryW error The directory is not empty. : D:\Games\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\ShaderFixes

There are three files left in the folder like '7c31580e44344f82-ps_replace.bin', do they affect DCS in any way? I need a clean OB for benchmarking.

The mod was installed earlier today to a clean beta repaired with 'Search for extra files' option. Such option deleted my settings for your mod, so I don't want to employ it again. I only use your mod for shaders and did not see such errors before. 

Related question: how do I backup my settings to keep them between uninstalls/version changes?

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

8 hours ago, impalor said:

Hello @lefuneste01Thanks for updating the mod for the OB! I have a minor problem when uninstalling it now with OvGME: 

ERROR: GME_DirRemove:: RemoveDirectoryW error The directory is not empty. : D:\Games\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\ShaderFixes

There are three files left in the folder like '7c31580e44344f82-ps_replace.bin', do they affect DCS in any way? I need a clean OB for benchmarking.

The mod was installed earlier today to a clean beta repaired with 'Search for extra files' option. Such option deleted my settings for your mod, so I don't want to employ it again. I only use your mod for shaders and did not see such errors before. 

Related question: how do I backup my settings to keep them between uninstalls/version changes?

This means that fame a created a .bin file in addition to the files distributed in the mod. These .bin are cached complied shaders, so you should delete them, they will be created again if needed.

You do not have to backup your settings, they are kept in d3d11_user.ini, that is not distributed in the mod, so it will remain.

Edited by lefuneste01
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Sr. said:

Just reloaded to confirm label masking is (and has been off). Still have the effect with any airframe.

Does not appear if switching from external view to map or hangar screen.

Can you put this file in the directory where DCS.exe is and try again ? As I can not reproduce, I'm not sure it will help...

d3dx.ini

36 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

Can you put this file in the directory where DCS.exe is and try again ? As I can not reproduce, I'm not sure it will help...

d3dx.ini 78.66 kB · 1 download

Thanks, but no change. I've come to just ignore it as I can only see it in F10 map and the main menu.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Man, I don't know what's going on lately but DCS on my end has never looked better.

Since all the bruhahah about the recent update killing performance, I have spent a fair amount of time trying to get things back to "normal". Trying different shaders etc.

A Few nights ago after upgrading to the latest 3dMig, I noticed that strange baked in cockpit silhouette. Unable to eliminate it, I decided to start peeling away mods via OVGME trying to discover what was the actual cause... I never actually figured it out but somewhere in the process, I toggled the just right combo of mods and started DCS.

When testing I typically jump in FA-18 free flight/Caucuses, do some inverted flight around Batumi and through hills. If I can achieve mostly readable cockpit and MFDs while maintaining 15-17ms GPU frametime, with 80% SVRSS, I consider it a win.

This night, I hopped on, same quickstart free flight, launched fpsVR and allowed things to smooth out. For what ever reason, the cockpit and display looked clearer and more high res than I've ever seen them and fpsVR was reporting 10ms GPU frametime. 😯

So I started observing external view, building and terrain detail... changed to a couple other maps to see if it persisted. And it did, I was getting 12ms GPU in Syria FA-18 free flight (a first).

I honestly don't know what where any of this leads, but it does at least seem to indicate that performance and clarity in DCS ARE achievable.

I have since gone back to using the latest 3Dmigoto, WITHOUT the patches included in the folders as one of them would cause the foggy hangar effect. What I do love about the mod is, it completely eliminates any flickery edges I used to see on mist cockpit text, and reduces some of the artifacting I've seen with motion smoothing enabled.  

Here is the fpsVR log from that flight.

fpsVR Report:
App: DCS HMD: HP Reverb Virtual Reality Headset G20 (90.000 Hz, IPD 62.5)
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT (30.0.13037.1003, Tavg 64.9, Tmax 77) CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor (Tavg 53.9, Tmax 62)
Delivered fps: 85.53  Duration: 12.1min. Headset was active: 9%
GPU Frametimes:
Median: 10.2 ms
99th percentile: 10.7 ms
99.9th percentile: >30 ms
frametime <11.1ms(vsync): 99.7%
CPU frametime:
Median: 5.5 ms
99th percentile: 7.5 ms
99.9th percentile: >30 ms
frametime <11.1ms(vsync): 99.8%
Reprojection Ratio: 4.8% (for Index/Vive/VivePro headsets only)
Dropped frames: 0 or 0.0% (for Index/Vive/VivePro headsets only)
Max. SteamVR SS: 90%
Render resolution per eye: 2992x2932(by SteamVR settings, Max.) (HMD driver recommended: 3154x3092)

Since then, I have settled back to 80% SVRSS and up'd some other in game settings to my liking. I flew for several hours last night and after a while just turned off fpsVR and enjoyed the show.

Mods I have loaded

mods running.png

Edited by Sr.
  • Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2021 at 7:13 AM, lefuneste01 said:

You do not have to backup your settings, they are kept in d3d11_user.ini, that is not distributed in the mod, so it will remain.

Hello! It seems DCS deletes or corrupts the d3dx_user.ini when I temporarily disable your mod in OvGME.

Upon the subsequent launch of DCS, I get this error:

image.png

When I launch DCS again I get only this:

image.png

Finally, if I re-enable your Mod and launch DCS again, all my settings are lost and replaced with defaults.

Should I copy d3dx.ini and/or d3dx_user.ini to my MODS folder to preserve the settings?

One more thing, it seems the cockpit sharpening has no effect in the latest OB, do you reproduce? And I go from 51 FPS w/o the mod to 46 with it, which is a pain... 

Edited by impalor

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

28 minutes ago, impalor said:

Hello! It seems DCS deletes or corrupts the d3dx_user.ini when I temporarily disable your mod in OvGME.

Upon the subsequent launch of DCS, I get this error:

image.png

When I launch DCS again I get only this:

image.png

Finally, if I re-enable your Mod and launch DCS again, all my settings are lost and replaced with defaults.

Should I copy d3dx.ini and/or d3dx_user.ini to my MODS folder to preserve the settings?

One more thing, it seems the cockpit sharpening has no effect in the latest OB, do you reproduce? And I go from 51 FPS w/o the mod to 46 with it, which is a pain... 

The red messages are occuring when there have been some changes betwen variables declared in previous mod install ans in current one. So you can just press the key written in message to update the variable list and remove the obsolete variables.

Do you use 11.4 version ?

Yes, 3dmigoto is eating more or less 5 fps.

6 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

The red messages are occuring when there have been some changes betwen variables declared in previous mod install ans in current one. So you can just press the key written in message to update the variable list and remove the obsolete variables.

Do you use 11.4 version ?

Yes, 3dmigoto is eating more or less 5 fps.

The messages appear after I remove the mod. The first one tells me to press <None> or <None>. Then it deletes the d3dx.ini  file. 11.4

The key should be ALT+F12. This is the message I have when i deploy the 11.4 and add a variable in d3dx_user.ini.
Can you do it and set settings for sharpen again ? (don't forget to save settings with ALT+F12).

Edited by lefuneste01

I have correctly installed this mod, but do not know what keys to use to make it work for the F-15 Eagle.  Does it only work for the Su25T?  I have the green lines on the DCS launch page.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

7 hours ago, sobe said:

I have correctly installed this mod, but do not know what keys to use to make it work for the F-15 Eagle.  Does it only work for the Su25T?  I have the green lines on the DCS launch page.

Most of features are working with every planes except reflection which may depend of shader used. Just press LSHIFT+F7 in cockpit to display setup menu and change what you want...

I must be dumb as I still do not understand how to turn on the NVG in the game.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Depending on the aircraft, you have to have the NVG’s fitted by the crew chief before takeoff and then switch them on in game with a key/button press, right shift+h by default. I would strongly suggest reading chucks guides for the aircraft you are flying.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

No Chuck's guide for the F15/Mig29.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sobe said:

No Chuck's guide for the F15/Mig29.

NVG's are not available for the F-15C without a mod. I would assume the same for MIG29 (among others)

• Like 1

--Arthur C Clark

• 2 weeks later...

would like to use this mod, if it where more modular in installing. I don't want the sharpen in cockpit and color effects as I already has my own reshade for VR inside my sim and mod for the VR, but I would like to have the copy msg and the labels behind the cockpit no-vision.

If you consider it in future to make it more single modular one, then I would try it for sure.

3 hours ago, Japo32 said:

would like to use this mod, if it where more modular in installing. I don't want the sharpen in cockpit and color effects as I already has my own reshade for VR inside my sim and mod for the VR, but I would like to have the copy msg and the labels behind the cockpit no-vision.

If you consider it in future to make it more single modular one, then I would try it for sure.

Hello, you can trigger every option on/off and the mod is optimized : theorically it should consume less fps if some options are not activated.

Anyway, it will have a fps cost, even if no option is used.

So I won't  split it to allow a 0,5 fps win.

On 12/17/2021 at 11:01 AM, Japo32 said:

You can already do this using the in game menu.

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

I feel flat shadows too sharp and introducing shimmering in VR.

So I made a new option:

Default rendering

default.jpg

soften of flat shadow edge:

smooth.jpg

It's currently working for OB only, I will wait new OB and maybe migration of OB to stable to spread it.

I did not see noticeable fps impact, but it may depend on shadow area...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I added a new fix in the new version https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/287270-cluster-munition-craters-cause-huge-fps-drop-what-is-hmdendframe/?do=findComment&comment=4854229  

+300% fps in not a bad thing.

All is ready and compliant with Speed of Heat version of Kegetys shader mod, but I had an issue with flat shadow soften feature. It is not working when there are shadow under fog (which is as odd feature of the engine). I need to find a better way to do it.

Edited by lefuneste01
  • Like 2