Updates

Eagle7907

Man what happend to the cat with this update?

Have been 30 minutes on the hoggit server, one bug after the other...

Jester disappeared, only two Phoenix missiles are visible.

Carrier TO with 4Ph, 2SP, 2SW, 2XT and MIL is not possible, going into the sea. Was possible before.

Same loadout, PG map, 20k Ft, full AB. Not really acceleration to more then 200kts IAS.

On first connection, the TID repeater in the frontseat did not work.

On the second conenction, I got kicked because my client may not vanilla?!?!

On the third connection, I was able to fly.

Jester was not able to dial in the Tanker radio. (Dial in TAC).

When selecting the frequency, he was off 2 digits. Needed three attemps until he got it.

Silence over silence from Jester, just to get 10 jokes in a row.

rubberbaning around 5 meters on the deck.

Finaly connected to the S3B, did not refueld my external tanks.

Wow, what a mess...

And that was only 30 minutes...

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I confirm that after cold start, the frontseat TID repeater don't work. I tested in air start and it worked fine.

Viper2097, I just took off with a Tomcat loaded with 4 phoenixes, 2 sparrow, 2 sidewinders and 2 external fuel tanks from the Stennis : nothing wrong for me. And all my Phoenix were visible.

After such a big changelog, I was sure something gonna be wrong xD.

But it's the goal of the Beta version !

Strange, I was on PG map, maybe it had something to do with that? Need to try that again...

Did you take off on MIL only, not with AB?

And all my Phoenix were visible.

Just for being safe what I'm talking about:

attachment.php?attachmentid=211373&stc=1&d=1559854597

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

Carrier TO with 4Ph, 2SP, 2SW, 2XT and MIL is not possible, going into the sea. Was possible before.

Same loadout, PG map, 20k Ft, full AB. Not really acceleration to more then 200kts IAS.

When selecting the frequency, he was off 2 digits. Needed three attemps until he got it.

Wow, what a mess...

Please try a repair and re-report these issues if you see them again.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Please try a repair and re-report these issues if you see them again.

Wilco!

But are you sure that I'll need to?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242540

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242462

C'mon, feels like that update has not even been tested for 30 minutes :-/...

I mean, this are things that should be seen, even in the fastest quality test before going online...

The "Jester is immediately breaking lock" also happend again, just forgot to mention it.

First time I really feel kind of dissapointed with HB. The Version before this was not perfect, yes, but at least it worked everything as expected, and that stable over hours...

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

Wow, what a mess...

Can confirm on my end, had the same TID repeater problem starting cold in both maps. Only starting hot or in the air was it working.

Also confirm that Jester can not for the life of him enter a radio frequency correctly. Either from the TAC list, preset channel list, or by manually entering it through the jester menu, he is usually 1 digit off. So for example, I ask him to change to 253.00, he does 153.00. I ask him to go to preset channel 12, he goes to channel 2.

Wilco!

I mean, this are things that should be seen, even in the fastest quality test before going online...

The "Jester is immediately breaking lock" also happend again, just forgot to mention it.

First time I really feel kind of dissapointed with HB. The Version before this was not perfect, yes, but at least it worked everything as expected, and that stable over hours...

In a vacuum, everything is easily caught.

In reality, most of these issues were not seen across multiple internal builds.

It's possible last minute additions to 2.5.5 had an impact on various items.

It sucks. We'll investigate and fix. Big changes can mean big bugs.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

Wilco!

You are playing in Open BETA.

You ARE the Quality Testing.

Wow, what a mess...

First of all thank you for the input, everyone, it is much appreciated.

Viper, I think you have a corrupt install. Of course we thoroughly tested it, and I just ran through your entire list again.

I can confirm the radio input bug. That snuck past us, our apologies for that.

I can also confirm the Jester disappearing in his menu (and payload visible instead). This wasnt like that during testing and must have happened when we submitted it, apologies for that, too.

For the other issues:

- could take off with 4,2,2,XT mil power no problem

- tried it in PG, could easily accelerate past 200 kts with or without ABs

- the TID repeater is working fine for me, with cold start. You have to remember to tell Jester the alignment option you desire, and there is a blank period shortly after you turn on your hud, vdi hsd power switches, but even before align, the default TID repeater is visible for me and working. startup went without any issue.

- the fourth issue, the vanilla client required, is pointing to a faulty/ corrupt install or maybe a mod that is not up to date anymore is acting up, etc.. imho

- no silence from Jester from me. He called bandits, etc and was in general well behaved and as expected.

- refueling worked, I went from 7000lbs to full with external tanks. In the S3B it is more likely that it ran out of fuel tbh (which is not odd for it at all, it carries very little). But on first attempt, single, you should be able to refuel it to 20500lbs, too.

The rubberbanding on Carriers is unfortunately a DCS issue.

Please be so kind, Viper, and try a repair and check for mods that might be out of date or conflicting.

Thank you again for your reports.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

Maybe. But I was expecting that it is unhooked as soon as I press U. I mean without unhooking you should not even be able to move forward on the carrier.

U toggles hook and unhook. You likely unhooked and rolled into the sea... see it on GAW every day.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hes not wrong Viper ;)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Updates

First of all thank you for the input, everyone, it is much appreciated.

Viper, I think you have a corrupt install. Of course we thoroughly tested it, and I just ran through your entire list again.

I can also confirm the Jester disappearing in his menu (and payload visible instead). This wasnt like that during testing and must have happened when we submitted it, apologies for that, too.

For the other issues:

- the TID repeater is working fine for me, with cold start. You have to remember to tell Jester the alignment option you desire, and there is a blank period shortly after you turn on your hud, vdi hsd power switches, but even before align, the default TID repeater is visible for me and working. startup went without any issue.

- the fourth issue, the vanilla client required, is pointing to a faulty/ corrupt install or maybe a mod that is not up to date anymore is acting up, etc.. imho

- no silence from Jester from me. He called bandits, etc and was in general well behaved and as expected.

- refueling worked, I went from 7000lbs to full with external tanks. In the S3B it is more likely that it ran out of fuel tbh (which is not odd for it at all, it carries very little). But on first attempt, single, you should be able to refuel it to 20500lbs, too.

Please be so kind, Viper, and try a repair and check for mods that might be out of date or conflicting.

Thank you again for your reports.

I gotta say it again. Bravo HB. Take a bow. Phoenix is damn mighty against AI. 6 out of 6 all long shots. Various difficulty ranging from good to extreme. Groups were 29S, Su27, 29A

You guys and ED are setting the gold standard. I look forward to more awesomeness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Eagle7907

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

In a vacuum, everything is easily caught.

In reality, most of these issues were not seen across multiple internal builds.

It's possible last minute additions to 2.5.5 had an impact on various items.

It sucks. We'll investigate and fix. Big changes can mean big bugs.

My posting was not ment to be offending.

The Tomcat has had some shortcomings, missing features, minor bugs etc. and we have waited now nearly a month for an update.

And on my first try of it, I get from one problem into another in just 30 minutes. So it just seems strange that those issues have not been aknowledged before.

So my posting was really ment disappointed and not offending. I hope you can understand that. Sorry if it arrived the wrong way.

Failures only happen if there is work done, so the difference is then how those failures are treated.

And to get those answers from you guys in that short time is just amazing.

You are doing an awesome job :thumbup:.

Good to have clarification on that.

Not an obstructive issue, just looking weird...

It was on the hoggit server, no idea why I crashed into the sea (have already around 60h in the cat, so I would not asueming to do something wrong). Maybe the carrier was cruising with backwind. Don't know why the cat did not accelerate anymore at 20k ft...

Will check that again and provide a track if it is repeatable.

I think that is now reported multiple times, seems really like a bug.

No mods installed, worked fine one try before and one try after it. Maybe just bad luck or something else...

Maybe also just bad luck or something else. Will also try to provide a track if it happens again.

Sorry if that was a failure on my side. You are right, this could indeed be possible and I did not thought of that. It was also on the hoggit server and I have no information how much fuel it had loaded.

It just refueld me to 16200lbs, so maybe this was also just real bad luck...

Yeah, I know that. Just wanted to say it in one sence that this also now got worse again.

I will do, but I don't think that it changes anything.

All bugs are either confirmed, or can be explained otherwise...

*EDIT*: Just did a repair. 0 files have been corrupted, changed or updated. (Steam)

However, I was just very disappointed yesterday, and if you sum up what happend to me in 30 mintues you may understand that.

Thanks for being heard and trying to help :thumbup:.

Are there any plans on releasing a hotfix?

The TID bug makes it quite useless when flying alone, and also the CMS bug is a big problem when flying with a human RIO.

So the kitty feels kinda grounded now for me...

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

Are there any plans on releasing a hotfix?

The TID bug makes it quite useless when flying alone, and also the CMS bug is a big problem when flying with a human RIO.

So the kitty feels kinda grounded now for me...

Thanks a ton for all your replies, viper! Also, we are never offended by bug reports, to the contrary. I would not say they make us happy, they bother us a lot, but that is because we really hate to hear that you guys can't have uninterrupted fun with it of course. So totally get the frustration on your side, and very sorry about it.

As for hotfix, we will try a) to fix of all of this asap (also logged TID repeater as a bug now) but b) it depends not only on us when a new update will be pushed, so I can't really promise it. (We will try.)

The CMS bug has also been logged, but this shouldnt be a problem in SP.

Unfortunately major version updates always bring some new, unforeseen issues with them - thank you all for your very kind patience.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

Thanks a ton for all your replies, viper! Also, we are never offended by bug reports, to the contrary. I would not say they make us happy, they bother us a lot, but that is because we really hate to hear that you guys can't have uninterrupted fun with it of course. So totally get the frustration on your side, and very sorry about it.

As for hotfix, we will try a) to fix of all of this asap (also logged TID repeater as a bug now) but b) it depends not only on us when a new update will be pushed, so I can't really promise it. (We will try.)

The CMS bug has also been logged, but this shouldnt be a problem in SP.

Unfortunately major version updates always bring some new, unforeseen issues with them - thank you all for your very kind patience.

Thank you for communicating with us. This is really a breath of fresh air.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Just wanted to chime in here and say thanks to all of you at Heatblur for the receptiveness and positive tone towards those reporting bugs. I know a module of this magnitude is not an easy undertaking and the attitude displayed by Heatblur is a breath of fresh air in this community.

If you repeat Jesters radio instructions - when selecting a channel at least - the second time he gets it right.

I do miss his expectant little face staring back at me from the centre of the menu though. Like a puppy dog eager to please his human :D :D :D

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

Just want to give a short update on my "bugs" one page earlier:

Carrier TO with 2xA9,2xA7,4xA54,2xXt on Mil works flawless. Maybe the carrier on the server really moved with backwind...

Acceleration on 20k feet also worked flawless on that configurstion (tested in ca, need to test in pg again)

Ext. fuel tanks also getting refueld, seems really like bad luck with that S3...

Also TID repeater bug does not occour all the time, have not found a system yet..

Steam user - Youtube

Carrier TO with 2xA9,2xA7,4xA54,2xXt on Mil works flawless. Maybe the carrier on the server really moved with backwind...

Acceleration on 20k feet also worked flawless on that configurstion (tested in ca, need to test in pg again)

Ext. fuel tanks also getting refueld, seems really like bad luck with that S3...

Also TID repeater bug does not occour all the time, have not found a system yet..

to avoid TID repeater bug, ask jester to start up at start. acknowledge ICS comms check. then when he says he is ready to start, then crank the engines. after both engines are up, he will turn on TID. at this point ask him for the INS type you want.

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

I had the same issue on PGAW, assuming it’s to do with a backwind as well, as well as some pretty strong winds at 25k

Seriously just wanna take a moment and thank the whole HB team for their hard work and trying to keep us all updated as much as possible. You seriously can’t say that about a few of the 3rd party devs (not pointing fingers, we all know who they are). Remember, this is all being done while they’re working on the A model cat too as well as their other projects (A6).

Are there bugs? Yes, obviously. Are they bad enough to keep my cat on the sidelines? Hell no. If anything the more we fly the cat the better feedback and data we can get to HB for improvements and fixes.

System: Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo / Ryzen 5900X / 128gb Trident Z 3600mHz / ASUS TUF X570 / Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO / Asus Tuf RTX 3080ti / Asus Rog 1000w PSU / TM Warthog + TM Pedals

Modules/Terrains: All but the Mig-19, MB-339, P-47, I-16, CE II, and Yak-52

IRL: USAF F-16C AGR Crew Chief / Private Pilot