A-10C after 2.5.5. update.

Arink429

Why don't they put all the changes in the changelog? We shouldn't have to guess what's been changed.

Seems like they accidentally pushed a dev version to live, honestly. We have a lot of weird stuff, even carrier ATC for free currently, lol.

I could fire them just fine even at max range yesterday, what are you doing exactly?

I've been flying A10 for a long time. Normal targeting by TGP. Then the MAV camera is guided to the chosen target (China Forwart Long). The camera is blocking but I do not want to react after pressing TMS Forward. There is no blinking "+". A dozen or so approaches at different heights and without results.

Specialization A-10C

https://vbw304.pl/

I will agree. Spool up sounds wrong

The external engine sound is terrible now, it sounds nothing like a real A-10.

Also I get pull up when rolling

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

The problem I'm having is, since the update, I can no longer hear the BIT Test "pull up, pull up" voice. I can see the text on screen, but nothing voice happens. Also, the radios aren't working at all anymore. They're on T/R and tuned to correct frequencies, but when I push the PTT hat I get nothing. If I try using VoiceAttack + Vaicom, no chatter and no mic PTT radio sound, just that "bloop" sound that usually happens if I don't have radios on or on correct frequency, yet I'm on correct frequency. The ATC talks to me when taxing around and taking off / landing, but all I get is text on the screen, no longer getting anything voice based anywhere. Is there a new setting I need to find and turn on?

And yes, the sound is way different. Something definitely sounds odd when spooling up the engines, like I'm sitting in a nice, plush, business jet instead of a beast of a weapons platform.

And yes, the sound is way different. Something definitely sounds odd when spooling up the engines, like I'm sitting in a nice, plush, business jet instead of a beast of a weapons platform.

Internal cockpit sounds are good and more realistic now. The external sound is off a little although it’s not easy to explain.

Internal cockpit sounds are good and more realistic now. The external sound is off a little although it’s not easy to explain.

Maybe I just got used to the internal cockpit sound when it was "wrong"? I have no basis for comparison as I've never sat in the real thing. It just seems so quiet now compared to before the patch.

I can deal with all that, really. The real focus right now is trying to figure out why B1tching Betty and ATC won't work audibly anymore.

I had several instances now where my MWS wasn’t detecting launches. It used to pick everything up before. Played some multiplayer and the other guys in Hogs were picking up the launches with their MWS but mine was not. Yes, my MWS power switch was set to on in the CMSP. Anyone else?

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

I think the APU volume should be decreased and mixed with some other kind of noise, because from the cockpit the sound is not comming from the external sound only; a part of sound is due to vibrations the engines and APU transmit to the cell. In the game the APU sounds like the listener was placed out of the plane. In my opinion, the engine sound for me is acceptable from the speed-up on take off, but for start-up is very poor and unrealistic. I don't know the TF-34 sound but I suppose very simmilar to CF-34 I'm familiar to.

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO WiFi AC / i7-8700K@5.0 GHz / 2xM.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 1Tb / 4xCorsair 8Gb (32Gb) DDR4@3000 MHz / 2xGeforce GTX 1080 Ti + 1Geforce GTX 680 / SoundBlaster Fatal1ty / Windows 10 Home x64 / TM Warthog / TM TPR Pedals / Oculus Rift / Samsung UE32EH5000W

After living with the new sounds for a week I really like them. Comparing them to Youtube footage feels very very close. Even that new awkward inlet whine at idle is present in footage.

I've also noticed that there's a sort of "fade in" for the sounds the first couple seconds after switching to external view. I suspect that's related to how the sound engine creates the crack of sonic booms.

Overall I'm very satisfied with it.

Can anyone with a working ATC and Betty voice confirm something for me?

In the DCS log file it's telling me it can't load sounds located at "sounds\speech\sound\eng\a-10c\redirect__a-10 vmu\messages" and "sounds\speech\sound\eng\common\redirect__atc". I have folders at \Sounds\Speech\Sound\ENG\A-10C\A-10 VMU\Messages and "\Sounds\Speech\Sound\ENG\Common\ATC", but nothing for redirect. Is this just a Junction Point redirect to the same folders listed? Looks like something didn't fully work on the last patch process.

OK, I think I have most of it working now.

I was able to create symbolic links (mklink /d) "sounds\speech\sound\eng\common\redirect__atc" and "sounds\speech\sound\eng\a-10c\redirect__a-10 vmu" pointing to "Sounds\Speech\Sound\ENG\Common\ATC" and "Sounds\Speech\Sound\ENG\A-10C\A-10 VMU", and now I'm hearing speech again.

I'm still missing some sounds though, and looking through the logs it's still saying things like "ERROR SOUND: can't load wave: "sounds\speech\sound\eng\common\disabled_player", so there is that to track down now.

But symbolic links worked, if someone can confirm this is how it's set up on your load.