Problems Firing Laser with Trigger

flyco

That could explain it. I was trying to get the target designated range onto the HUD and tried how to get there until I found out that I have to unbox TCN or WPT on the HSI. Pretty dull those override target range indication in A/G mode. Having a keyboard/stick mapping for that switch would be great... but this might be me, I'll check if I have to update my luas for that.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I'm not able to activate the laser at all, I'm using the CH Fighterstick.
You have to set set the LTD/R switch to ARM while in A/G master mode and then box the TRIG option on the FLIR page. Are you doing these steps?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Ahhh, did everything except the TRIG option, thank you
Glad you sorted it out . Also, keep in mind that the FLIR page will show L ARM when the laser is ready to fire and LTD/R when its actually firing.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• 11 months later...

I got the same issue with my Warthog:

TRIG option active, pressing the trigger laser fires but when releasing it stop firing.

Keeping pressed the trigger I cannot launch maverick (correctly locked and in range).

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

I got the same issue with my Warthog:

TRIG option active, pressing the trigger laser fires but when releasing it stop firing.

Keeping pressed the trigger I cannot launch maverick (correctly locked and in range).

Interesting. I designate and then a lase target. Lase quits also when you let go of trigger. However, I can keep the trigger pressed and launch a MAV and let go of the trigger and it will continue to lase until impact.

Also, I have seen no affect on a TM Warthog stick whether you set the trigger to activate on the first or second detent. I have it on the second, a lot less chance of a accidental A/A weapon launch and second detent is used in the real AC as far as I can remember.

---

Edited by Noluck

PC: Windows 10 Pro X64, AMD FX8120 8 Core @ ~4.0GHz, 32GB DDR3-1600, GTX 1080 8Gb, 1 TB EVO 860 SSD | Displays: 3 Dell HD 1920x1080 @ 5520x1080 windowed ||| Hardware : TM Warthog HOTAS Stick+Throttle | 3x TM Cougar MFD's | WW Combat Panel | WW Landing Panel ||| Mods: F/A-18C | F-16 | P51-D | UH-1H | C130-J | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Syria | Channel | Normandy | WWII Assets | Super Carrier | Combined Arms

Interesting. I designate and then a lase target. Lase quits also when you let go of trigger. However, I can keep the trigger pressed and launch a MAV and let go of the trigger and it will continue to lase until impact.

Also, I have seen no affect on a TM Warthog stick whether you set the trigger to activate on the first or second detent. I have it on the second, a lot less chance of a accidental A/A weapon launch and second detent is used in the real AC as far as I can remember.

---

What you have stumbled upon is a way to use the autolase of hornet but whilst also allowing proper confirmation of good spot from the Mav. If you trigger the laser until a short while after release, then the autolase will automatically take over when you let go.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

---

Are you using TARGET configuration or manual configuration form DCS config menu?

Also: looks like you don't need to use the trig feature: just enable the LTD/R and press the Weapon Release button: this will fire laser and keep it firing.

Laser Trig seems to be used for buddy lasing so I guess the procedure is just wrong.

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

Are you using TARGET configuration or manual configuration form DCS config menu?

Also: looks like you don't need to use the trig feature: just enable the LTD/R and press the Weapon Release button: this will fire laser and keep it firing.

Laser Trig seems to be used for buddy lasing so I guess the procedure is just wrong.

Standard default DCS binding to the WH stick second detent/switch, no software. I'll try to just press the weapon release button. Chuck's and other info says to use the trigger. Interesting conflict of info here... I'm still learning so no problem, I just want to make sure I doing it right. Thanks for the info.

PC: Windows 10 Pro X64, AMD FX8120 8 Core @ ~4.0GHz, 32GB DDR3-1600, GTX 1080 8Gb, 1 TB EVO 860 SSD | Displays: 3 Dell HD 1920x1080 @ 5520x1080 windowed ||| Hardware : TM Warthog HOTAS Stick+Throttle | 3x TM Cougar MFD's | WW Combat Panel | WW Landing Panel ||| Mods: F/A-18C | F-16 | P51-D | UH-1H | C130-J | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Syria | Channel | Normandy | WWII Assets | Super Carrier | Combined Arms

Standard default DCS binding to the WH stick second detent/switch, no software. I'll try to just press the weapon release button. Chuck's and other info says to use the trigger. Interesting conflict of info here... I'm still learning so no problem, I just want to make sure I doing it right. Thanks for the info.

Chucks guide and the manual are awesome resources, BUT since the F-18 is still in open beta things and procedures can and do change regularly. This means that Chuck and the manual usually are only current for a release or two after they get updated, then some parts become out of date. A lot of work involved in updating them, so it doesn't keep up with every change. Read the forums is the best way to stay up to date with changes.

Thanks for the help everybody.