Photos/Videos (NO DISCUSSION)

EvilBivol-1

Ka-52 at MAKS 2011

Dont know if this have been posted before, but check out the sound :thumbup:

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

A pilot is about to land at an airfield he has never been before. Add multiple protocol breeches. A story that's a practice far too often. A cherry on the cake - barrels of fuel transported in the plane like it was luggage.

The daredevil pilots of Colombia - YouTube

Daredevil, my a#$$. :disgust: Go to 20:50 for the juicy part.

A cherry on the cake - barrels of fuel transported in the plane like it was luggage.

Hey they tied them down with rope! But seriously, if you saw what and how we transport cargo where I work, you'd probably pass out. Just one example: 4,000 pounds of propane bottles just stackad in the back of the helicopter, not secured at all, with the propane smell drifting through the aircraft... We've also carried 55-gallon drums of diesel...again not secured by anything but gravity and friction. But anyway, we're using helicopters not airplanes, so things are less likely to fly around.

Hey they tied them down with rope! But seriously, if you saw what and how we transport cargo where I work, you'd probably pass out. Just one example: 4,000 pounds of propane bottles just stackad in the back of the helicopter, not secured at all, with the propane smell drifting through the aircraft... We've also carried 55-gallon drums of diesel...again not secured by anything but gravity and friction. But anyway, we're using helicopters not airplanes, so things are less likely to fly around.

TBH I'm surprised. However bad your experiences were, they are still not comparable to those Colombians' case. However bad 'gas bottle' sounds it's fairly safe to transport. You say helicopters are easier on the cargo but only a fool would assume they won't be any situations forcing the pilot to perform autorotation. Plastic barrels with fuel are not comparable to anything. I know by experience that this kind of barrels can pop their caps if they hit each other side to side. Then of course I do know that any loose piece of cargo can be lethal.

Ok so the USAF nor the ANG or AFR call it a JHMCS or HMCS?

What are the differences?

Paulkii

How is it called on the T.O.?

Those HMCSs are completely different product.

JHMCS is manufactured by VSI.

Scorpion is manufactured by GENTEX.

It seems that Scorpion is currently in testing phase at Eglin AFB.

I don't know about T.O.

But at least, I can see wourds of "JHMCS" in F-16 dash one T.O.

Those HMCSs are completely different product.

JHMCS is manufactured by VSI.

Scorpion is manufactured by GENTEX.

It seems that Scorpion is currently in testing phase at Eglin AFB.

I don't know about T.O.

But at least, I can see wourds of "JHMCS" in F-16 dash one T.O.

Sorry the questions where; how does the USAF, ANG and AFR refer to or what do they call the helmet and what are the differences?

If they are completely different products, what are the differences besides the manufacture?

Additionally, F-16 technical manual do not help in A-10 terminology, if it did, I would not have asked Paulkii to look at the A-10 manuals.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

It is helpful when you correct someone to provide information. For example, you could have posted; "Here is the Air National Guard 2011 Weapons System Modernization requirements, within, it states";

Current A-10 modernization programs include fielding of a second secure line-of-sight ARC-210 SATCOM radio, the AN/AAR-47 which provides the pilot with 360 degrees of missile launch warning and the Gentex Scorpion Helmet Mounted Integrated Targeting (HMIT) System which reduces the time to acquire targets with aircraft sensors from minutes to seconds. Future combat capability will include an updated Combat Search and Rescue (CSAR) radio and an integrated noise cancelling, 3-dimensional cockpit audio system.

That would have been all I needed to know the name, now can you help me find out the differences? Thanks

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

It is helpful when you correct someone to provide information. For example, you could have posted; "Here is the Air National Guard 2011 Weapons System Modernization requirements, within, it states";

That would have been all I needed to know the name, now can you help me find out the differences? Thanks

There is technical generation difference between the two product.

JHMCS projects monochrome symbol to the visor, but Scorpion projects color symbol to the combiner(same as HUD glass, it's placed in front of the pilot's eye).

In Scorpion, you can also use the function of HMCS and NVG at the same time, but in JHMCS you can't.

Please check official websites at least.

Edited by PeCa_Chuck

There is technical generation difference between the two product.

JHMCS projects monochrome symbol to the visor, but Scorpion projects color symbol to the combiner(same as HUD glass, it's placed in front of the pilot's eye).

In Scorpion, you can also use the function of HMCS and NVG at the same time, but in JHMCS you can't.

Please check official websites at least.

But why check the companies web site when the ANG document and other official US government document like it tell me more info? On the PDF I posted, it has unit cost, it tell me that Raytheon is the one offering it to the ANG, Procurement plan, etc.

Here is one for the Air Force Reserve

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=hmit%20site%3A.mil%2C%20&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CEsQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.afrc.af.mil%2Fshared%2Fmedia%2Fdocument%2FAFD-120523-025.pdf&ei=-LsdUNTqF6PI2gXtmIDIDw&usg=AFQjCNFMQH8qip46KqTQtMPtdAxGtRIiZg&cad=rja

To whom it may concern,

But why check the companies web site when the ANG document and other official US government document like it tell me more info? On the PDF I posted, it has unit cost, it tell me that Raytheon is the one offering it to the ANG, Procurement plan, etc.

Here is one for the Air Force Reserve

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=hmit%20site%3A.mil%2C%20&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CEsQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.afrc.af.mil%2Fshared%2Fmedia%2Fdocument%2FAFD-120523-025.pdf&ei=-LsdUNTqF6PI2gXtmIDIDw&usg=AFQjCNFMQH8qip46KqTQtMPtdAxGtRIiZg&cad=rja

You won't need to check official websites, if you can find ALL of the informations in PDF.

It's not the only way to find out.

The difference is (I think), that the scorpion is a preferred system in many cases because it is less restrictive, less bulky, and displays only needed information, while the JHMCS system provides a whole host of useless data while being bulky and visually restrictive.

Edited by Pyroflash

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

The difference is (I think), that the scorpion is a preferred system in many cases because it is less restrictive, less bulky, and displays only needed information, while the JHMCS system provides a whole host of useless data while being bulky and visually restrictive.

What I gather is that it is a newer system with high quality video capability. So, IIUC, it has all the same symbology as the HMCS/JHMCS with the added capability so see video from a TGP or other systems. The helmets will be night day capable. HMCS/JHMCS needed an additional kit, I guess the kit is included on this one, for around 120 to 180 thousand dollars, a bargain really :huh:

53rd FW, 422 TES in Englin AFB/Nellis AFB is doing the testing. I did not notice an estimate when it will enter service.

Main push for the ANG is block 30/32 and A-10C. I haven't seen USAF paper yet. Raytheon received the contract back in 2010

I don't like to read to much into the companies websites, after all they are selling a product. Never seen a fast food place commercial where they tell you how fat their food will make you.

Different papaer have different unit listed as affected so I guess we won't know what unit will receive it first.

There where some cool stuff on testing

http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA308388

To whom it may concern,

A pilot is about to land at an airfield he has never been before. Add multiple protocol breeches. A story that's a practice far too often. A cherry on the cake - barrels of fuel transported in the plane like it was luggage.

The daredevil pilots of Colombia - YouTube

Daredevil, my a#$$. :disgust: Go to 20:50 for the juicy part.

Daredevils? they got no choice; they operate far from the well appointed airports and controlled areas of the center and north of colombia. Without the dc-3s and this pilots the whole Colombian Amazon communities would be cut from civilization and would cease to exists. The Aeronautica Civil (Civil Aeronautic Administration of Colombia) had tried to ground the dc-3s before; but there is nothing to replace this aging veterans. I can’t think of a single modern civilian airplane with the performance; capacity; toughness and cost efficiency better than the Dc-3.

Some Dc-3s have been converted to turboprops; but that comes with a cost few airlines and pilots can afford. Converting to turboprop means that those mechanics won’t be able to fix the airplane like they do in that small shop they show on the video.

About piloting skills; it is very likely that this pilots mechanics and flight crew; have more experience than anyone else in the world; They don’t look fancy or anything though. Actually ,the Dc-3 pilot with more flight hours on the type was a colombian; don’t quote me on the number; but it was a ridiculous big one.

The filming crew provably cut some of the procedures the pilots do before landing; all of them do a check pass before landing; after all they land on a grassy field; were you can run into; dogs, chickens, cows, little kids playing soccer, etc.

Everything gets hauled by the old Douglas, all the buildings you saw on the little towns were more likely brought piece by piece by them.

Here is another video; shame that the captions suck so much; it pretty much details the whole story of the Colombian Dc-3.

Ok so the USAF nor the ANG or AFR call it a JHMCS or HMCS?

What are the differences?

Paulkii

How is it called on the T.O.?

Helmet Mounted Cueing System.....

"The HMCS provides the capability to command a sensor to the user line of sight and provides situational awareness via a Helmet Mounted Display (HMD)."