Cant hit Full AB with the Warthog throttle

Unable to go full afterburner. I hit 101% on the engine RPM and the burner starts to light, but doesn't go beyond that. My squadron mates are having the same issue.

Are we missing something?

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

RPM is not specific for AB. The only thing to to watch is it should not exceed 106%

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

RPM is not specific for AB. The only thing to to watch is it should not exceed 106%

regardless, i am not getting an AB effect, non warthog guys are getting the full effect.

They are also out accelerating us.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

To clarify

Does your nozzle open in AB? Does your fuel flow increase? Or does the external view not show the AB? engine control in PRI?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

To clarify

Does your nozzle open in AB? Does your fuel flow increase? Or does the external view not show the AB? engine control in PRI?

Engine control in PRI,

Nozzle does not open all the way, just slightly

Get the AB effect (but like it is just barely lit)

Fuel flow slightly increases

Its acting like I am just past the burner detent but the throttle isn't all the way forward.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

Engine control in PRI,

Nozzle does not open all the way, just slightly

Get the AB effect (but like it is just barely lit)

Fuel flow slightly increases

Its acting like I am just past the burner detent but the throttle isn't all the way forward.

I had the same observations, but when I restarted DCS and tried to reproduce it, it worked normally (including correct throttle position on the debug control indicator, good suggestion!). Not sure what triggered that.

There's the possibility it's coming from the state of the system model not being properly reset between flight sessions, this problem is still present today apparently, at least with the engine (spools suddenly up when starting a new mission, after another one interrupted when the engine was near full rpm, for example). I started with a training mission and perhaps switching between primary and secondary unsettled something? Requires further investigation.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

yup, all is normal. After restarting DCS same issue. Everyone in CVW-11 is having the same issue. see images below.

17,000 - 22,000 FF at full throttle. Nozzles at 45% max. RMP at 100%-101%

Screen_191003_161846.png

Screen_191003_161855.png

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

I have exactly the same problem?

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Same deal here - this after re-starting the game with the Instant Action take-off. Confirmed oon controls indicator tha throttle is at full fwd - and I use the TWCS throttle, not Warthog.

This can't be max AB can it - I can't even reach M1.0 with tanks on...which you also can't jettison, but I assume S-J is still WIP? (No selection boxes around stores on S-J page - Emerg SJ button does nothing)

AB.thumb.jpg.e9659949923bd67dd1d5995b0d7074d6.jpg

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does Fuel Flow in max AB seem right?

Hey all,

Looking for input from those with more experience in the jet, I'm getting about 22k max fuel flow in Max AB (confirmed i'm getting full throttle movement in control setup).

This seems much lower than I'd expect? From my time in another sim I'd expect to see up over 70K at low level...:huh:

I can seemingly hoon around in AB all day without worrying about fuel.

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Not entirely sure we are hitting full AB - check this thread - https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=250824

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Im gonna ignore you since youre probably wrong. :megalol:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Not entirely sure we are hitting full AB - check this thread - https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=250824

Yeah my post has been moved into that thread... well here I guess... erm. If you debind your throttle axis and try with keys do you get any more?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Ok I really don't think this is a controller issue. With my throttle unbound and just using keyboard inputs for thrust I get the same fuel flow.

Proud owner of:

This seems much lower than I'd expect? From my time in another sim I'd expect to see up over 70K at low level...:huh:

Who sais this was correct? rainbowdashwink.png

Well, my RPM didn't go higher either and the nozzle was like 35-40ish down low. Nevertheless I was able to fly M 1.3+ on the deck and this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=218389&stc=1&d=1570155044

Since the Hornet has similar FF up there, I guess it's not wrong. Basically all other ED/BST modules can go full AB at 48k+ for quite a while. And I like it. On the contrary, the Tomcat can't even do this for 5 minutes. No matter how high you fly, the FF is through the roof.

1527620139_DCS2019-10-0403-43-15-03.thumb.jpg.66f7df8a56ac7b4e3b66508043971f58.jpg

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Ok I really don't think this is a controller issue. With my throttle unbound and just using keyboard inputs for thrust I get the same fuel flow.

Yeah agree - my screenshot is from my desktop version of DCS just using keyboard to fly it. Exact same result as using my throttle.

Of note the 3D throttle in the cockpit is fully forward also.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

maybe you guys have a look in the special tab. there is a option for throttle detent. maybe this fix your problem to reset it.

Nope - not related.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

maybe you guys have a look in the special tab. there is a option for throttle detent. maybe this fix your problem to reset it.

Nope, that is off. Checked it already. There is an issue.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

i dont own the joystick mentioned. But i just wanted to say that I also experienced some wird stuff with the trottle due to the pre configured joystick setup.

example my trottle and a slider of my joystick was bound together and strange things happen.

So try to check if you have a slider or "wheel" that need to be unbound in the settings so the trottle dont conflict with anything.

Also in settings there are a feature where you can start the plane with the AB detend on or off = if its on you cant go into afterburner mode until you deactivate it via. a button on your joystick/keyboard.

its a longshot, but try and have a look. :smilewink:

AB behave as if engine was above 50k.trk

Caucasus Map

Single player

version 2.5.5.36986

As far as I can tell.

It appears some aspect of the engine behave as if the engine was above 50K. For example: In sec, rapid throttle movement causes stagnation.

Additionally, seems to only reach Min Aug. Min Aug characteristics are nozzle position between 5% and 40% open. Only reaching Max Aug at mach 1.80 (nozzle pos at 50% to 70%)

To whom it may concern,

FYI, CVW-11 did some performance testing against the charts and they match. It looks like the FF, nozzles, and AB effect are just off and need to be adjusted.

Hope ED sees that, but they may want to verify.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com