Anyone starting to not like BS?

I dont dislike BS but for a game that is just around the corner we havent seen much of it. I mean we have seen the movie or trailers but that is not like watching gameplay. I mean come on we here something about this game from the dev once every 2months if not longer and we hardly get gameplay footage or screenshots hardly. I wish they would do such a thing to get me more excited about this title, because as it is I only come to this site just to see what new mods are out.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess you are talking a little early..

Lets just wait and see what future will bring us!..

Yeniceri: you are one of the most respected people in here. I know DCS:BS is going to look a little better than LOFC, till you guys do your magic. All I was trying to say in this thread is it is not graphics we are seeing but improved texture. Two different things. Yani, maybe I can't put in words what DCS:BS is. I am not saying it's bad, in fact I have stated it was the right decision for ED. There is so much excitement over how good this is over LOFC, well I think you know better than anyone the answer to that. Man I respect you so much that this is my last post in trying to explain. I will do as you suggested, watch for the future.

Graphics , texture fine line to try and define unless it is a person such as yourself.Cheers, keep up the tremendous work:thumbup:

What we want is realism in all areas. Not to much to ask for in a NEW flight sim. The thing is it is not NEW. Just the ka-50. Which by the way I am not knocking, it is a fantastic piece of work. Hats off to ED for such detail in the ka-50. Rest falls a little short. I do hope they make it up in the future. Contrary to popular belief by some, DCS:BS was the logical move for ED. That does not say as a LOFC fan that I am not disappointed because I am. LOFC needs a patch and ED has admitted to this. Ride the wave of DCS:BS and patch LOFC. Not to much to ask IMHO.

My opinion is that technology is allowing ED to move forward to bigger and better things. Time and technology has allowed this. We as human beings cannot stop rules of evolution and change. I might aggree with you but I dont think we should feel disapointed about any of this. I am not disapointed at all. SOrry, I have however been disapointed with the world in general all of my life. I dont think a flight sim on the cuttiing edge of time and technology deserves to be so beat up personally.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

From the DCS FAQ:

It doesn't happen overnight and this way, you don't have to wait empty handed for something that is significantly in the future.

yeah! i know what you mean.

But, I don't know...I am not complaining a lot...but just disappointed about the part that we cannot fly our new Hog, the 25T and 25 along wtih teh 27 model which ED was developing (which probably they wouldn't bother releasing now for FC... PROBABLY).

Well.... to make it clear...I am more of a casual simmer than a hardcore simmer. I don't really like pushing every single button and all the avionic painstaking detail. YES, many here beg to differ....but I rather enjoy the FC concept of AFM, the regular level avionics, jump in and play. Yeah, I know that the difficulty will be scalable....but again comes back to the point that

"WE expected a nice package to finish off LOCK ON with a flash". THis was going to be the addition of a nice ME, more terrain, a chopper and a dream come true infantry. Now it would have been sooo cool to have the existing 25T and A-10 in there to finally enjoy them the way it was supposed to be before...because in FC, honestly, the game was too sterile.... Only with DCS, they are getting the immersion elements with scripting and so on.

Once again as I said...its just disappointment from my side that I cannot use the old flyables that are ALREADY present. Especially the high fidelity Su25T with AFM. I would be happier if they CUT AND PASTE in the su25T flyable at its existing level into DCS.

cheers,

V

• Like 1

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Yeniceri: you are one of the most respected people in here. I know DCS:BS is going to look a little better than LOFC, till you guys do your magic. All I was trying to say in this thread is it is not graphics we are seeing but improved texture. Two different things. Yani, maybe I can't put in words what DCS:BS is. I am not saying it's bad, in fact I have stated it was the right decision for ED. There is so much excitement over how good this is over LOFC, well I think you know better than anyone the answer to that. Man I respect you so much that this is my last post in trying to explain. I will do as you suggested, watch for the future.

Graphics , texture fine line to try and define unless it is a person such as yourself.Cheers, keep up the tremendous work:thumbup:

Well thank you for your kind word..Flattered here :)

When i said "wait and see" it was not just pure hope.

Since Wags announced it, i just want to give you some news..

check http://forum.digitalcombatsimulator.com/showthread.php?t=230

What does it mean?..

It means new and really improved terrain, it means gorgeous skins,

it means hi detailed objects, it means DCS is gonna look just fine :)

It means the DCS is not just gonna be a good helicopter hat over an old coat. It was not gonna be anyhow. But now.. you can bet on it!

Officially!

Cheers

Yeniceri

[sIGPIC]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa200/misikci/41-imza-1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

"To infinity...and beyond!.."

SIM-MOD Modeler

TURK!

Well thank you for your kind word..Flattered here :)

When i said "wait and see" it was not just pure hope.

Since Wags announced it, i just want to give you some news..

check http://forum.digitalcombatsimulator.com/showthread.php?t=230

What does it mean?..

It means new and really improved terrain, it means gorgeous skins,

it means hi detailed objects, it means DCS is gonna look just fine :)

It means the DCS is not just gonna be a good helicopter hat over an old coat. It was not gonna be anyhow. But now.. you can bet on it!

Officially!

Cheers

Yeniceri

Thanks Yeni, your words mean a lot. I trust your advice without question.Thanks very much for your explaination. Now I am looking forward to DCS:BS. Now some pressure for you. Can LOFC come close. Ha Ha, Just kidding I know you guys will do your best and that seems to be stunning in what we have seen. Cheers, Thanks, Have a good day:thumbup:

Can LOFC come close. Ha Ha, Just kidding I know you guys will do your best and that seems to be stunning in what we have seen.

SIM-MOD is also continuing to mod lockon. All works that started already will be available on lockon eventually. :)

Cheers:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa200/misikci/41-imza-1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

"To infinity...and beyond!.."

SIM-MOD Modeler

TURK!

SIM-MOD is also continuing to mod lockon. All works that started already will be available on lockon eventually. :)

Cheers:thumbup:

I am totally relaxed with what you guys are doing for LOFC, that is why I am not worried about it. You guys will make it stunning. When I mean you guys that means sim-mod too. All of you are doing great things for LOFC. You know how I feel about you fellas!!:thumbup:

When I first saw that pic I thought it was a real helo! lol

So did I

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

You gotta watch for Snipers too. Ha Ha. If it can fly with that much damage it must be a tough old bird. I would jump!! Ha Ha. Nice shot Yeni.

I doubt that it was done with the game engine ... or is the engine able to render sharp shadows and reflections?

Who knows what the game engine can do with some hidden trick settings... What I am shure is that it will make your PC go Boom! while doing this :) .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Just to visualize what I meant by optimal 3D engine. This one is Falcon 4 RedViper 1 3D engine and it shows limits of what can be done at current technological level. Unlike Lock On 3D engine. In case of RedViper the level is defined by old DX7. Transition to DX9/10 is planned.

What I wanted to say is I'm glad that new 3D engine for DCS is anounced because there's no will to tune the Lock On engine up. Let's burry it.

_2007-08-28_191831.jpg

RV10B_1280.jpg_20070808080750ob5.jpg_2007-08-28_184531.jpg2007-08-28_092608.jpg2007-08-28_113802.jpg2007-08-28_220734.jpg2007-08-28_221732.jpg2007-08-28_221737.jpg2007-08-31_085839.jpg

CLEARLY

this vehicle damage is waaay better than what we have in lomac. Thats is all I am asking

2007-08-28_220734.jpg

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|