Barthek's CAUCASUS REDONE 2022

31 minutes ago, KeyserSoze62 said:

Has anybody already done any testing with 2.9?  This and TAZ tree updates are my favorite Mods and hope they are still compatible and relevant.

Most of us dreaming of those new patches, or confirmation we are good to go with current versions

Edited by KCOOL
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KCOOL said:

Most of us dreaming of those new patches, or confirmation we are good to go with current versions

TAZ better trees work great in 2.9.

Tested them yesterday (have Caucasus, Syria and Marianas mod).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Intel i9 13900K | RTX4090 | 64 Gb DDR4 3600 CL18 | 2Tb PCIe4.0 | Varjo Aero | Pico 4 on WIFI6e | Virtual Desktop running VDXR

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze62 said:

Has anybody already done any testing with 2.9?  This and TAZ tree updates are my favorite Mods and hope they are still compatible and relevant.

Seems to work without issue here. I don’t see a particular reason why it shouldn’t. It’s just textures and they haven’t done anything to the caucasus like shaders or lighting afaik.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

I have to say. Ramping all GFX up, using DLAA and flying with a Viper over a cloudy caucasus in the late afternoon looks just stunning. I could do nothing but cloudsurfing for hours.

• Like 4

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

So unless the authors say other thing, it seems Taz and Barthek great mods are still highly recommended for 2.9. Good to know!

I have used them all, and all I can say is THANK YOU.

Edited by KCOOL
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 часа назад, UltraTopSecret сказал:

Currently installing this. Do you all suggest TAZ mod too?

I really like all Taz1004 mods, they all make complete sense to me and improve the game. It's not like I'm a fan and blindly download, it's just I've tried them all and I have them all ever since. I seriously don't understand why they are still not in the base game.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Fiztex said:

I really like all Taz1004 mods, they all make complete sense to me and improve the game. It's not like I'm a fan and blindly download, it's just I've tried them all and I have them all ever since. I seriously don't understand why they are still not in the base game.

100% agreed. As I said some time ago, Taz should be compensated in some way by ED...  The amount of time and wisdom invested in his mods deserve all our respect and recognition.

Edited by KCOOL
  • Like 2

So far so good. Great MOD! 👏

I just re-installed Caucasus Redone last night and can never go back to the Default.. lol.. 

I can only speculate with "hypothetical conspiracy theories" as to why Eagle Dynamics has not added Caucasus Redone and TAZ's Better Trees to the Core DCS Files. 

• Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

1 hour ago, YSIAD_RIP said:

So far so good. Great MOD! 👏

I just re-installed Caucasus Redone last night and can never go back to the Default.. lol.. 

I can only speculate with "hypothetical conspiracy theories" as to why Eagle Dynamics has not added Caucasus Redone and TAZ's Better Trees to the Core DCS Files. 

I am afraid we all know the answer to that question...

Edited by KCOOL
  • Like 1

2 часа назад, Tusk.V сказал:

DCS crashes for me when I have this enabled. Normandy does too.

This is a texture mod, it should not crash anything when installed properly. Should be compatible with pretty much anything until ED decides to change the file structure, which didn't happen for a long time with terrain textures. I'm still using 2021 version because it has low textures, and even that works just fine on 2.9.

Edited by Fiztex
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Fiztex said:

This is a texture mod, it should not crash anything when installed properly. Should be compatible with pretty much anything until ED decides to change the file structure, which didn't happen for a long time with terrain textures. I'm still using 2021 version because it has low textures, and even that works just fine on 2.9.

Well, not really sure then. I've used this for a while. Now, DCS crashes when I load into those maps. They work fine when I disable them.

Specs: i7 13700KF @ 5.5, 64Gb RAM, RTX 4090, Pimax Crystal

12 hours ago, Tusk.V said:

Well, not really sure then. I've used this for a while. Now, DCS crashes when I load into those maps. They work fine when I disable them.

Works fine here. And since they just swap a bunch of textures, it seems highly unlikely that they cause crashes. I would suggest a slow repair and then reapply Bartheks mod. Maybe your Mod-manager screwed something up...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hiob said:

Works fine here. And since they just swap a bunch of textures, it seems highly unlikely that they cause crashes. I would suggest a slow repair and then reapply Bartheks mod. Maybe your Mod-manager screwed something up...

Could be. I'll probably run a slow repair. It does work some of the time but frametimes are all over the place. It's stable when I disable it. Something weird is going on.

15 minutes ago, Tusk.V said:

Could be. I'll probably run a slow repair. It does work some of the time but frametimes are all over the place. It's stable when I disable it. Something weird is going on.

Clear the FXO and Metashader folder (and the Nvidia shader temp as well) whilst you're at it.

4 hours ago, Hiob said:

Clear the FXO and Metashader folder (and the Nvidia shader temp as well) whilst you're at it.

Already cleared the fxo and meta several times. I'll try the Nvidia temp too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tusk.V said:

Already cleared the fxo and meta several times. I'll try the Nvidia temp too.

Once after any update, be it game or drivers, should be sufficient. I‘m not sure if it is anything but a placebo by now anyway.

It‘s just basic maintenance in the hope that it sorts out whatever bugs your game. It‘s probably not gonna help on its own but it won’t hurt either.

• 1 month later...