Barthek's CAUCASUS REDONE 2022

23 minutes ago, KCOOL said:

Any ideas to improve Syria's performance? Any idea to reduce textures or anything to make it more 'friendly' to non 4000 cards? The amount of VRAM Syria requires makes me sad.

Make it more friendly to 4090 in VR would be great too.... 

• Like 1

i7 13700K,  DDR5 32Gb, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC, Pico 4 VR

This mod is fantastic! It's almost photorealistic!

One of the things DCS needs the most is better ground textures.

Awesome work!

Actually I think the desert map with worst textures is Persian Golf. They are good when look from high altitude, but when you get close to the ground they looks horrible.

18 hours ago, HR-Crumble said:

How do you manually install this mod? The instructions are only for JGSME?

Great work and many thanks!

You could install to the main directory DCSOpenbeta>Mods folder but this mod over writes some of the original files and if you add the snowless winter that changes some of the mod files, toss in Taz's better trees mod (highly recommended) and that changes more stuff. Easiest way to install this or any mod is to get OVGME. Link and explanation here, thanks Hoggit.   https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/OVGME  , great what, how, why video here  Thanks 122nd Composr. If you join a multiplayer server and some of your mods don't pass the integrity check, you can just disable them in OVGME with two clicks and then enable them when you want with two clicks.

• Thanks 1

RH small.jpg GW vet small.jpg 

"There is no problem that can't be solved with the proper application of the correct amount of explosives." Every Demo NCO.

Ryzen 7-5700X, RTX 3060Ti, 64GB RAM, 2TB M.2 SSD, Asus 5G/WIFI 6 router, Pico 4 wired to router (CAT 8/USB C).

1 hour ago, Pnguin9999 said:

You could install to the main directory DCSOpenbeta>Mods folder but this mod over writes some of the original files and if you add the snowless winter that changes some of the mod files, toss in Taz's better trees mod (highly recommended) and that changes more stuff. Easiest way to install this or any mod is to get OVGME. Link and explanation here, thanks Hoggit.   https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/OVGME  , great what, how, why video here  Thanks 122nd Composr. If you join a multiplayer server and some of your mods don't pass the integrity check, you can just disable them in OVGME with two clicks and then enable them when you want with two clicks.

Thanks for your reply much appreciated. 

So do I drop the two folders in the root into DCSOpenbeta/Mods ?

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, HR-Crumble said:

Thanks for your reply much appreciated. 

So do I drop the two folders in the root into DCSOpenbeta/Mods ?

Thanks!

Hi,

Please don´t get me wrong but i think you should read about Ovgme and how mods are installed and which type (core ones or savedgames ones) before of using mods because you´ll break something and you´ll don´t know how to reverted it back. I strongly advise the use of OVgme (or similiar) to install your Core mods. As already explained with a click you can enable/disable mods in case of DCS crashes, or, before any DCS update you can/should disable mods with a click otherwise they will be overwrittten. Read the Ovgme install instructions step by step (is what i did, went from zero to hero) and you´ll get it working fine.

Enjoy and any further help please say so.

F.

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

On 4/9/2023 at 3:46 PM, fagulha said:

Hi,

Please don´t get me wrong but i think you should read about Ovgme and how mods are installed and which type (core ones or savedgames ones) before of using mods because you´ll break something and you´ll don´t know how to reverted it back. I strongly advise the use of OVgme (or similiar) to install your Core mods. As already explained with a click you can enable/disable mods in case of DCS crashes, or, before any DCS update you can/should disable mods with a click otherwise they will be overwrittten. Read the Ovgme install instructions step by step (is what i did, went from zero to hero) and you´ll get it working fine.

Enjoy and any further help please say so.

F.

I'll definitely take your advice onboard and give it a go. Thank you.

Crumble

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a snowless winter question as I just cannot get it to work!

Using JSGME, should I have the main MOD enabled and the Snowless Winter MOD enabled at the same time. I have tried just having the Snowless Winter MOD enabled (main MOD installed of course) but my terrain looks identical whether I have the MOD enabled or not. I use DCS open Beta with all updates installed.

To install, I created a _MODS folder in the Eagle Dynamics\DCS World Open Beta folder and placed both MODS there. JSGME points to the DCS executable in the DCS Open Beta BIN folder. I start DCS using the 'updates' executable (but I don't think that makes any difference) and with either mod or both mods enabled in JSGME the snow looks the same as the default snow.

If I have the main MOD enabled and then enable the Snowless Winter MOD I get an error dialogue saying that the terrain has already been modified by the original MOD - I have tried running the Snowless Winter MOD with the message both accepted or cancelled - it makes no difference.

Any ideas?

Game setup - I9-13900K, 3000 MHZ 24 Core 32 Logical Processors, NVIDIA RTX 4090, 42” ASUS 4K OLED monitor, TM HOTAS Warthog, TM TPR Rudder pedals, HP Reverb G2 VR - soon to be Bigscreen VR

4 минуты назад, Nialfb сказал:

I have a snowless winter question as I just cannot get it to work!

Using JSGME, should I have the main MOD enabled and the Snowless Winter MOD enabled at the same time. I have tried just having the Snowless Winter MOD enabled (main MOD installed of course) but my terrain looks identical whether I have the MOD enabled or not. I use DCS open Beta with all updates installed.

To install, I created a _MODS folder in the Eagle Dynamics\DCS World Open Beta folder and placed both MODS there. JSGME points to the DCS executable in the DCS Open Beta BIN folder. I start DCS using the 'updates' executable (but I don't think that makes any difference) and with either mod or both mods enabled in JSGME the snow looks the same as the default snow.

If I have the main MOD enabled and then enable the Snowless Winter MOD I get an error dialogue saying that the terrain has already been modified by the original MOD - I have tried running the Snowless Winter MOD with the message both accepted or cancelled - it makes no difference.

Any ideas?

Does JSGME works fine with other mods? Check mod's folder destination in JSGME.ini file, that locates in DCS root folder. 

Hi Kaplan

I checked all of my other mods and they work fine. If I use the 'find mod' tool in JSGME and type 'Barth' both mods are foundso I aasume the mods folder destination folder is correct. I created a new folder called _MODS so it did not interfere with the default program mods.

I just checked ... my new _MODS folder is in my Saved Games folder (C:\Users\****\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\_MODS). Should this be in the main program folder (C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World)

Cheers

Nial

Game setup - I9-13900K, 3000 MHZ 24 Core 32 Logical Processors, NVIDIA RTX 4090, 42” ASUS 4K OLED monitor, TM HOTAS Warthog, TM TPR Rudder pedals, HP Reverb G2 VR - soon to be Bigscreen VR

19 minutes ago, Nialfb said:

Hi Kaplan

I checked all of my other mods and they work fine. If I use the 'find mod' tool in JSGME and type 'Barth' both mods are foundso I aasume the mods folder destination folder is correct. I created a new folder called _MODS so it did not interfere with the default program mods.

I just checked ... my new _MODS folder is in my Saved Games folder (C:\Users\****\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\_MODS). Should this be in the main program folder (C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World)

Cheers

Nial

I use OVGME mod manager, but same principles apply.

Terrain mod goes in the: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World main folder.

Enable main mod first, then snowless afterwards.

Edited by MIghtymoo

Intel i9 13900K | RTX4090 | 64 Gb DDR4 3600 CL18 | 2Tb PCIe4.0 | Varjo Aero | Pico 4 on WIFI6e | Virtual Desktop running VDXR

HA! I've got it. Okay, so I moved my _MODS folder to the C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World folder and changed the 'Start in' properties in the launch icon to the same. I now have SNOW, or more to the point, a lack of snow!

• Like 2

Can't get Reshade to work with DCS-MT in VR. Installed it under DirectX version because if you install it using Vulkan you can't open reshade menu for some reason (Thought DCS MT  was using Vulkan now?)

Installed using DCS.exe in the bin-mt folder, "Reshade-shaders" folder there after install, can open Reshade menu in game using HOME (but only see it on screen, not in VR), set key to toggle effects, Barthek’s reshade ini is there and selected, toggle effects on, Reshade changes only show on my main screen, not in my Quest 2..   

Any ideas? .

Edited by Spetz

4 hours ago, Spetz said:

Installed it under DirectX version because if you install it using Vulkan you can't open reshade menu for some reason (Thought DCS MT  was using Vulkan now?)

MT patch for DCS was "just" MT, all about CPU, while Vulkan implementation is a separate thing and still long way off.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

7 hours ago, Spetz said:

Can't get Reshade to work with DCS-MT in VR. Installed it under DirectX version because if you install it using Vulkan you can't open reshade menu for some reason (Thought DCS MT  was using Vulkan now?)

Installed using DCS.exe in the bin-mt folder, "Reshade-shaders" folder there after install, can open Reshade menu in game using HOME (but only see it on screen, not in VR), set key to toggle effects, Barthek’s reshade ini is there and selected, toggle effects on, Reshade changes only show on my main screen, not in my Quest 2..   

Any ideas? .

AFAIK Reshade also doesn't work with OpeXR. DCS implemented native oxr support months ago.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

6 минут назад, Sr. сказал:

AFAIK Reshade also doesn't work with OpeXR. DCS implemented native oxr support months ago

true and sad. we just have to wait reshade support in OXR.

Спойлер

i7 13700KF @ 5,4 GHz; DDR5 64GB RAM; Palit RTX 4090; AOC AG352UCG 35" 3440x1440; Win11.
Oculus Quest Pro.
"Marksman-L" rudder by MyCyJIbMaHuH ; VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base; VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip; VPC MongoosT-50CM Throttle.

My settings for VR

Ok, that makes sense. Native DCS OpenXR and reshade isn’t compatible yet, too bad. But I thought even though DCS supports it, you have to force DCS to use it via command line? I’ve never used it, so not sure.. regardless, Barthek’s tweaks are still amazing though, so there’s that!

Thanks!

Edited by Spetz
  • Like 1