Barthek's CAUCASUS REDONE 2022

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Piikaa1337 said:

In the newest Open Beta this and Vivid Syria dont seem to work for me. Is anything like that known?

I don't have any issues with either mod in the latest MT OB. What error/s are you getting?

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

50 minutes ago, Piikaa1337 said:

The textures just dont change. I might just redownload it.

How do you know they havent changed? Post a screenshot.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

vor einer Stunde schrieb Hammer1-1:

How do you know they havent changed? Post a screenshot.

Checked back again. They did change. I just had my Terrain Textures set to low. That's why they weren't too different from default. Everything works now. Thanks.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Iggy said:

Looking for support on how to get this mod installed - any good samaritans out there - followed the instructions but nah not working for me x

This mod goes into the core installation folder, not in the saved games folder. Therefore you strongly recommended to use a mod manager to be able to disable it at will. IIRC the mod is mod manager „ready“. Meaning it brings the whole directory-tree with it. When you don’t want to use a manager (not advised!). You can examine the .zip and see the folder structure and where you need to put the files.

• Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

I,m attempting to use jsgme to no avail.

I've created the _MODS folder in my Main DCS install (OpenBeta) and copied the zip file structure into there. I think i have then activated but i am clearly doing something daft as no changes to caucus map registering 😞null

image.png

Have not used jsgme in years, can't remember much about it, but I used ovgme for many years, maybe give that a whirl.

Personally I prefer the newer open mod manager which I have been using for awhile now.

Here is a guide for  ovgme if you are interested:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have not used jsgme in years, can't remember much about it, but I used ovgme for many years, maybe give that a whirl.
Personally I prefer the newer open mod manager which I have been using for awhile now.

Here is a guide for  ovgme if you are interested:
I also use Open Mod Manager since it's actually developed.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I can only offer experience with OVGME. 

There you need to specify the three folders. One where your game is located, second where your mods are saved and third a backup folder, where the replaced files are stored. I imagine something similar needs to be done in every mod manager?

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

What's the worst thing that can happen if you don't use a mod manager? I just have a folder that I drop a few mods into (Barthek's being the largest, but also Why485's dots, and my countermeasure profiles) into my DCS install folder every update.
Wasting time. Nothing else.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Colonel Akir Nakesh said:

What's the worst thing that can happen if you don't use a mod manager? I just have a folder that I drop a few mods into (Barthek's being the largest, but also Why485's dots, and my countermeasure profiles) into my DCS install folder every update.

Nothing extremely bad. When you break something, simply do a repair. (Or if you want to remove the mod). You won‘t be able to enter a server that requires a clean/pure client. See first point.

The convenience of a mod manager is to toggle mods on and of with a check box. But they do nothing other than copy and paste (and keep track)

If you want to give OVGME a try. It is really dead simple:

https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/OVGME

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,
I play in VR.
Is the mod compatible with OpenXR Toolkit ?
Thanks you

i7 6700K OC @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus Z170-A, 32 Go Ram, MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11GB, XSPC Water Cooling, W10 64

Oculus Rift CV1, Hotas Warthog, MFG Rudder.

28 minutes ago, Marc_63 said:

Hello,
I play in VR.
Is the mod compatible with OpenXR Toolkit ?
Thanks you

Yes

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

I'm having an issue getting the reduced snow mod to work. I installed the main mod and then the snow mod directly to my saved games folder (mod-terrains-caucasus) and (mods-bazar-textures) and I still have full snow in winter, any ideas?

Edited by Ghostrider142

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung

On 7/25/2023 at 10:45 PM, Ghostrider142 said:

I'm having an issue getting the reduced snow mod to work. I installed the main mod and then the snow mod directly to my saved games folder (mod-terrains-caucasus) and (mods-bazar-textures) and I still have full snow in winter, any ideas?

The Terrain Mods go to the main installation folder, not the saved games. This is why a mod manager is recommended!

(You do not break anything by putting them there manually, but every update will f up your mods. With a mod manager you can apply and reapply them with a check mark.)

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Edited by markturner1960

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Stefano Battaglia TR6 said:

Hi all!!
anyone have this problem or resolved with IC Pass?

nullI've tested in latest version of OB and MT.

Thank you

image.png

if it fails, it fails. Just delete that file and check again. Unfortunately thats the best you can do. But make sure its in the saved games folder first and not in the main directory.

Edited by Hammer1-1
  • Like 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins