Who is using a tm cougar hotas

I wondering if they are pilots using an unmodded tm cougar hotas to fly the viper . How is it working? Calibrates easy enough and holds it. Throttle controls are mapped on default and work as expected? I just want to find out if it is worth using my stock cougar hotas for the viper or try to learn it with the warthog hotas and mapping the buttons that we have. I am awaiting an over haul kit to replace the sensors and convert the throttle to usb but I’m not sure when it will arrive.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I wondering if they are pilots using an unmodded tm cougar hotas to fly the viper . How is it working? Calibrates easy enough and holds it. Throttle controls are mapped on default and work as expected? I just want to find out if it is worth using my stock cougar hotas for the viper or try to learn it with the warthog hotas and mapping the buttons that we have. I am awaiting an over haul kit to replace the sensors and convert the throttle to usb but I’m not sure when it will arrive.
I don't have it (I wish I had, really want the throttle) but IIRC it should work fine. I recall Matt ever said that he has it and tested the Viper using Cougar and its working fine. Cant remember where he said it thou, not sure on this forum or replying on Youtube comment.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Using the Cougar with the Foxy file I posted in the DCS User Files Section.

The only modification is replacement pots using Cub Pilot's hall sensors, many years ago. Everything seems to be working smoothly, but I have not tried AA refueling to see just how sensitive the Throttle input is with the A/C.

Image36.jpg

I'm using the cougar throttle with the Warthog stick since my Cougar stick broke. I bought the TUSBA adapter from RealSimulator. It was pretty much plug-n-play.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I love my Cougar. The ANT knob is not working well in the sim (there’s some spikes in mine but I think there’s something off about their control evaluation too) and the Range Knob is useless. That said the experience is still amazing. You’ll be glad with the upgrades (especially if you move to Hall Effect websites) and I absolutely suggest you use an alternative set of pedals than running through the Cougar. It’s amazing though.

I love my Cougar. The ANT knob is not working well in the sim (there’s some spikes in mine but I think there’s something off about their control evaluation too) and the Range Knob is useless. That said the experience is still amazing. You’ll be glad with the upgrades (especially if you move to Hall Effect websites) and I absolutely suggest you use an alternative set of pedals than running through the Cougar. It’s amazing though.

The Range works well if you map the OSB buttons to the Cougar. Here is how I have mine set-up:

Joystick File:

JFile.JPG.57bd3b5f7b517499ec96f1ef8cffa5b5.JPG

I also use the CURVE command in the Joystick file for better control of the mid range movements. The command is:

USE CURVE (RNG, -2)

Macro File:

MFile.JPG.bf7af0f521fac3ad7c2d252c322cec4e.JPG

In Game:

In_Game.thumb.JPG.7d6dce80cd591339d6891979dc2abe85.JPG

Image36.jpg

I use the range knob for antenna and its smooth action and positive centre is great for that purpose. I would use it in preference to the correct ant elv wheel even if that wheel did not suffer like most do. The Ant wheel is adequate for range use even in its poor state.

Windows 7/10 64bit, Intel i7-4770K 3.9GHZ, 32 GB Ram, Gforce GTX 1080Ti, 11GB GDDR5 Valve Index. Force IPD 63 (for the F-16)

What a revelation Pimp, I had no idea there was such a thing as a TUSBA. So much for being old.

I would very much like to buy one of these but my question is will the micro-switch (cursor control) work with the DCS setup or do you still need foxy to map that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nope John the TUSBA software will manage the micro-stick as well.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I use the throttle with tsuba.

It works well overall with one exemption. The ant elev acis borked for the f16. But works fine for the m2k AND tje jf17. No idea why ED'S implementaition sucks, but it is ED.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I use the tsuba becuase i can use it with only the throttle.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).