DCS AJS-37: Road to Release

Cobra847

Cobra where are you`? Or Nico Dackard!!

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

ekrlp9q.gif.0a540b2c04c7bc96274a5f03388de13e.gif
  • Like 1

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for asking something dumb, but what’s left to be done on the Viggen, or is this more a case of bugs to be fixed and modelling tweaks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mostly bug fixing.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Ah. I take it that means no chance of further works to the reconnaissance mission? I’d love to see the Swedish equivalent of a TARPS pod (not for ELINT, but for IMINT)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The SF and AJSF -37 carried recce pods, not the AJS/AJSH afaik.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Skysurfer said:

Any news? Another full year with 0 updates and the thing still in EA? Where are the new sounds, the PBR update and various fixes still needed for the cockpit and weapons?

What is PBR? 

Edited by Skyracer

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

PBR textures react to light sources as if there were 3D details on it. It is used to add details, like this for instance (you can think those diamonds are 3D features when it's just the result of light reflections on a flat PBR texture).

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 1 month later...

What are the probability we will se the module expanded to include the original versions of the Viggen, like the original AJ-37 or even the JA-37?

...like what we saw with the Tomcat.

Those variants are much more interesting and relevant than the panic adhoc, stop gap, outdated AJS modification from the 90’s.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tretton said:

What are the probability we will se the module expanded to include the original versions of the Viggen, like the original AJ-37 or even the JA-37?

Not in the foreseable future.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

18 hours ago, Tretton said:

...like what we saw with the Tomcat.

Those variants are much more interesting and relevant than the panic adhoc, stop gap, outdated AJS modification from the 90’s.

I mean the AJ-37 should be super simple to do AFAIK; just remove TERNAV as well as BK90 and RB-15F capability and you're basically done. Is there any other difference?

But I'd rather see the EP13 controls get implemented, the countermeasure switch textures corrected and the various lighting issues fixed first.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Thanks 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

1 hour ago, Desert Fox said:

...  but looking at how the Viggen is pretty much abandoned for a long time now, i think we can be happy if she's ever getting finished😐

saying that a Dcs module is abandoned is kind of a self-fulfilled prophecy, because whenever a new DCs user is researching what module to buy next, he will find this type of opinions and conclude that he better purchase something else ... and with dwindling unit sales it becomes increasingly difficult for the developer to keep investing on the Module.

So, the next time you voice your opinion on the Viggen, think first ... and then speak about the things that you do like about the module,  all the little details that make the Viggen an enjoyable experience in DCS, like the landings on roads, the anti-shipping attacks, the exciting nap of the earth flying under the radar because you didnt load chaff in order to have a bigger warload, etc .. focus on the pluses rather than the minuses.

And this is valid for every module .. think twice before voicing negative criticism.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I quote IronMike:

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 2:10 PM, IronMike said:

Of course, the Viggen is also on the list. Again Scandfox: it will also always remain on the list. There's nothing ever really finished in DCS, which means: all our modules will always be maintained on a regular basis. There is absolutely no need to be afraid that somehow at some point it would fall off the table and we would just let it be. This will never happen, it is not how DCS works. 🙂

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I would much rather see a JA-37 Viggen, as this is a much more different aircraft than we have.

The differences between our AJS-37 and the AJ-37 or the SH-37 are minimal and don't really offer anything that our AJS-37 can't offer. You can deny the BK90 and RB-15 already and you can deactivate TERNAV.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 2

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 2/4/2021 at 11:58 PM, Desert Fox said:

The Viggen apparently got constantly updated with new software features from start to end (16:08 onwards in the vid, it's got EN subtitles), so there would probably be different variants every other year or so. No clue tho what exactly they got in and when.

Hmm, the video mentions it for the JA 37, but not sure on the AJ 37. If it is the case however, I wonder what the practical differences were.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

On 2/5/2021 at 12:58 AM, Desert Fox said:

The Viggen apparently got constantly updated with new software features from start to end (16:08 onwards in the vid, it's got EN subtitles), so there would probably be different variants every other year or so. No clue tho what exactly they got in and when.

I'd too totally love to see an AJ-37 and maybe SF but looking at how the Viggen is pretty much abandoned for a long time now, i think we can be happy if she's ever getting finished 😐

In the video he clearly talks about the JA version, saying so multiple times.

Why are you saying Viggen is abandoned? It has had constant updates, additions and fixes on every single update of DCS since it has been released. Here for example is the latest update for DCS (a week ago):

DCS: AJS-37 Viggen by Heatblur Simulations

• Fixed issue where nav-fixes would be made after switching out of Maverick-sighting.
  • Multiple fixes to FLI and ADI gyroscopes, amongst other fixing drift simulation and (mis-)alignment.
  • Increased the strength of the Landing/Taxi light.
  • Fixed weapon selector RR mode erroneously overriding take-off symbology.
  • Fixed flares empty (FACKL SL) indication not resetting after re-arm.
  • Fixed Brä 24% (FUEL 24%) not causing a master caution warning.
  • Corrected RB-75 guidance for aircraft targets.

The update before that:

• Fixed canopy position sync in multiplayer.
  • Updated RB75 A/B/T (AGM-65 A/B) flight model and seeker behaviour.
  • Fix to crash when dropping High-drag bombs.

The update before that:

Added Night Vision Goggles

The one before that (nov 4):

• Fix to HUD shutting of in sidewinder fast select mode
  • Added invisible FARP object. Single parking spot.
  • Added Caucasus short-field training.
  • Fix to CTD related to saved-games folder in non-latin script.

You can scroll through the change log here: Changelog (digitalcombatsimulator.com) and see that updates and fixes has been constant since 2017.

Edited by InTrustWeThrust
  • Like 1