F-16 Nose sink

Ryback

Guys,

Since the last update Viper's nose started to sink. It's almost impossible to fly straight without trim is set aft - very- or the stick.When i leave it be, the nose dives..I checked my joystick setup, nothing's wrong.Anybody else or is it on my end?

Guys,

Since the last update Viper's nose started to sink. It's almost impossible to fly straight without trim is set aft - very- or the stick.When i leave it be, the nose dives..I checked my joystick setup, nothing's wrong.Anybody else or is it on my end?

I had this 2 updates ago, was not explainable. A minute after takeoff suddenly the nose went down without any stick inputs. It went away someday, and I didn't ever see it again.

I fly a lot with the Viper currently, but the last days I didn't see this behavior.

Just to make sure, did you mix up some axis assignments by accident?

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I had this 2 updates ago, was not explainable. A minute after takeoff suddenly the nose went down without any stick inputs. It went away someday, and I didn't ever see it again.

I fly a lot with the Viper currently, but the last days I didn't see this behavior.

Just to make sure, did you mix up some axis assignments by accident?

Thanks for the quick reply.No, i didn't touch these at all. Joystick behavior is normal depending to controls screen/indicator (or whatever they call it the red square with axis's).I also did re-calibration.

Hi I made a post in the Bug section, double check that the AP altitude hold is not engaged, If you are using a Switch which stays on the alt Hold wont disengage correctly some times. For me it was the otherway aroud she always pulled up. Maybe your issue is related

Happened to me once and it was because alt hold was set on ground.

I have it mapped on the throttle and I didn’t reset it before flight.

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |

DCS version 2.5.5.41371

I have that with the 2 training missions but not with other missions (I haven't tried them all), perhaps that helps pinpoint where the problem is? It wouldn't be the first time initial settings are not entirely implemented, or have changed due to an update.

The roll sensitivity is also very strange, not responsive at all and a very slow roll rate, but it still feels strange in other missions than the 2 trainings, it's hard to tell if there's a difference while fighting to keep the nose level.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Thanks for all the replies.But it didn't happen again.I'm really wondering if i damaged something during take off.Can't hold the darn thing on a straight line while taking off.I tried it but can't reproduce.So everything's fine here.Merry Christmas my friends.

A while ago that happened on our server missions which had the temperature set to -10C. At higher altitude, this caused the FLCS to go nuts: airspeed readout dropped to zero (even when flying transsonic with pitot heating turned on) and the aircraft started oscillating wildly. This could only be fixed by diving to low altitude.

Remember when the Hornet couldn't launch off the carrier when the mission temperature was set too low? Since that happened, I always make sure it's not lower than 0C at ground level.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Heh, couldn't reproduce it either on take-off training mission. It's an elusive one. Perhaps the AP was set at some point (but I don't see why), that's the most likely.

Merry Xmas too!

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

In my case it had been a self-made multiplayer mission.

I don't think that I touched the autopilot, since a strong dive is not the thing a autopilot would do.

The thing is, my mission might had an OAT of minus something, since I love to fly in winter areas with low temperatures. I will do some test the next days with OAT and my mission. Thanks for the temperature hint!

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

To the OP:

Make sure you do not have any other controllers, axis or anything plugged other than you joystick to start off with. My PlayStation 3 controller was messing around with my game the other day and I couldn't fly normally.

Secondly: Make sure that NOTHING else is assigned to your axis inputs.

If this doesn't help then good luck!

+1, the oddest controls may be mapped on those axes, imaginary rudder pedal buttons and so on, first thing I do on a new module is to clear everything

... except maybe for the F-16C, I saw that one of the AP controls was mapped to a 3-way switch on my throttle controller, that must explain that part.

The switches are supposed to be read at the start of the mission, but it's never been the case (a bug I reported a few years ago but which was obviously ignored). I suppose that in some cases those are read, and must have set the autopilot to altitude hold.

So it's worth checking the controllers before starting a mission, sometimes they are read on startup, but not always, which makes that kind of behaviour not always reproducible.

A while ago that happened on our server missions which had the temperature set to -10C. At higher altitude, this caused the FLCS to go nuts: airspeed readout dropped to zero (even when flying transsonic with pitot heating turned on) and the aircraft started oscillating wildly. This could only be fixed by diving to low altitude.

Remember when the Hornet couldn't launch off the carrier when the mission temperature was set too low? Since that happened, I always make sure it's not lower than 0C at ground level.

Did you have the probe heat on? This sounds like a sensor icing up...

In my case it had been a self-made multiplayer mission.

I don't think that I touched the autopilot, since a strong dive is not the thing a autopilot would do.

The thing is, my mission might had an OAT of minus something, since I love to fly in winter areas with low temperatures. I will do some test the next days with OAT and my mission. Thanks for the temperature hint!

Well..... auto pilot and diving strong is an issue with the B 737 Max but afaik the viper doesn't have MCAS onboard..

Have to say that with almost every update the F16 gets better and better but... even more complex to master..

No problem to me since it's 'only' a simulator :pilotfly:

Did you have the probe heat on? This sounds like a sensor icing up...

yesterday we had the same behaviour in our F-16s...

ProbeHeat was on and we set the ProbeHeat again ...

But as we descend to ground the speed display return to 0kn :(

Temprature was -4 degree at SL and we were 30kft high

Very strange behaviour ...

too much ...