DCS: Black Shark - Q&A **READ FIRST!**

EvilBivol-1

I have a question about the plans for the campaigns in the DCS series. Maybe its too early to say anything about this. I know that the Black Shark module is going to be a branching campaign where mission success/failure effects the next mission.

Is the focus for DCS campaigns going to remain mostly from the perspective of a pilot being assigned missions with little or no control beyond said missions? I greatly dislike campaigns in flight sims that try to go beyond the scope of the pilot where you HAVE to run the war effort in addition to actually completing missions successfully. I'm hoping things stick relatively close to the tactical side of things. :)

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi,I'm a new member here.

I have a question about DCS new games:

does DCS have any sim games programs about the fifth generation fighter ???

(F-22/F-35/EF2000/Rafale/~~~~~etc.)

if the answer is 'yes',can DCS developers reveal some of the imformation??

• Like 1

The answer is no (sorry :)). Those aircraft are far too classified to even be candidates in the near future - unless ED miraculously obtains a military contact for one and permission to do a "game" version - which is probably unlikely.

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

thank you for answering my question,manager.

but do DCS developers ever consider of adding some systems that already incorporated with those modern planes in Lock on(such as F-15/16 are euipped with JTIDS/ JHMDS/AIM-9X,even more,AESA)??

this can make players feel easier to get 360 degrees SA conditions or to win during air combat(especially for recruits)??

or making F-14D with JTIDS???

Edited by SEAL

do DCS developers ever consider of adding some systems that already incorporated with those modern planes in Lock on(such as F-15/16 are euipped with JTIDS/ JHMDS/AIM-9X,even more,AESA)??

I can answer for the developers. There won't be any configurations that dont' exist in reality, except the ones that were physically built, tested, and approved for (any country) Armed Forces but wasn't implemented due to financial or political reasons. (Example - R-27EM in LockOn, which is not currently in service because of switching priorities to R-77 production)

You want the best? Here i am...

I can answer for the developers. There won't be any configurations that dont' exist in reality, except the ones that were physically built, tested, and approved for (any country) Armed Forces but wasn't implemented due to financial or political reasons. (Example - R-27EM in LockOn, which is not currently in service because of switching priorities to R-77 production)

are you sure??

right now some the USAF's F-15/16 fleets are already incorporated with JTIDS/ JHMDS/AIM-9X,and these equipment are already in service now.

178 F-15C/D even will be upgraded their APG-63 radar with AESA array,some of them are fininshed their upgrade and joined red flag last year.

F-14D might be retired, but the systems it uses (eg. JTIDS, APG-71) are still classified.

Regardless, if you get a team to create a 3rd party mod for it... :)

Datalinks are a part of Black Shark already.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

F-14D might be retired, but the systems it uses (eg. JTIDS, APG-71) are still classified.

Regardless, if you get a team to create a 3rd party mod for it... :)

Datalinks are a part of Black Shark already.

Are you saying that ED would allow aircraft with systems that are "guessed togehter" into DCS? :noexpression:

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

I got some more questions

- how detailed will the weather model be? will there be rain/turbulences/snow/storm?

- will there be night missions?

- will there be ai aircraft in the first dcs release?

- how detailed will the weather model be? will there be rain/turbulences/snow/storm?

Yes. Weather settings are set in the mission settings by the mission creator and can include all of the above. Beyond simply altering the visual experience, weather will directly impact the performance of the helicopter, including causing ice build up.

- will there be night missions?

Yes, although not many. Since the Ka-50 is not equipped with a FLIR, it has a limited night-operation capability and has to rely on the pilot's NVGs and illumination support form other aircraft to fight at night.

- will there be ai aircraft in the first dcs release?

Of course, there are many AI fixed and rotary wing aircraft.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Yes, although not many. Since the Ka-50 is not equipped with a FLIR, it has a limited night-operation capability and has to rely on the pilot's NVGs and illumination support form other aircraft to fight at night.

What about S-8OM? ;)

Edited by Avimimus

Of course, there are many AI fixed and rotary wing aircraft.
Is there any list of the AI aircraft and vehicles that are done/will be done for DCS:BS? And will all AI vehicles be of the same quality level seen in the screenshot department?

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

Asking again for the same. Turbulence only in Single Player or also in Multiplayer?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Other aircraft that are not in your flight cannot datalink with you--so you could mark targets for other flights (say you are playing the AFAC role for a flight of Su-25's). Since the Su-25 has to rely on visible acquisition of their targets, marking the area will greatly increase their chances of seeing the target.