DCS: Black Shark - Q&A **READ FIRST!**

EvilBivol-1

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, there is a replay function. I'm not sure what you mean by "quick" though. You can't watch the replay until you quit the mission. It saves as a file also (a small one), so you can show others.

What I meant by quick replay is the ability to play back, like 30-60 seconds, then go back to the game. Like in MS Flight Sim or GTR2.

Helicopters fly.

will there be system failure simulated? I know that you can set in the editor that with a probability of 50% something gets a mailfunction. but is this the only way to get mailfunctions or does testing the systems and watching the gauges have a reason finally? you can get system failures without mission editor settings and hostile attack?

What I meant by quick replay is the ability to play back, like 30-60 seconds, then go back to the game. Like in MS Flight Sim or GTR2.

What I'd like to see is a replay feature similar to IL2. You didn't have to do anything special to get a track. It always recorded it and you had the option of saving it. This is much better than having to specifically tell the program you want to record a track.

Tracks are now recorded by default and you are given the option to save them when in the debriefing screen.

So you can't turn this feature off? How about Performance? I mean, with multicoresupport and 2GB+ Ram it is no Problem...but with singlecore?

I'm not sure how much Data there will be recorded...but..mmhhh..really not sure what my CPU will say...

In GTR 2 you can choose if turned on or not and in which quality...on very high quality you have quite more memory and CPU load then turned off. So that's why I am asking.

Have there been any word on if units can be seen as models in the editor (as in Flanker 2) or if there will still be the annoying icons from Lomac? It's an invaluable feature when placing units.. being able to copy and pasting units would also be very nice.

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

I have one question that just crossed my mind... most games have in game settings for AA and AF... LockOn doesn't so right now if I wanna play ArmA I have to change settings in ATI CCC then change back to Play LockOn... will DCS have these options in game settings by any chance?

No longer active in DCS...

Have there been any word on if units can be seen as models in the editor (as in Flanker 2) or if there will still be the annoying icons from Lomac?

Strictly icons in the Mission Editor. I too miss the 3D models from Flanker 1.X. Unfortunately it's a limitation of the current engine. Supposedly they'll address the issue in the next engine.

"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage..."

Have there been any word on if units can be seen as models in the editor (as in Flanker 2) or if there will still be the annoying icons from Lomac? It's an invaluable feature when placing units.. being able to copy and pasting units would also be very nice.
Chaos is correct (see above).

I have one question that just crossed my mind... most games have in game settings for AA and AF... LockOn doesn't so right now if I wanna play ArmA I have to change settings in ATI CCC then change back to Play LockOn... will DCS have these options in game settings by any chance?
Not in Black Shark, but we'll forward the request, if it isn't already on the list.
  • Like 1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

• 2 weeks later...
It is bad news... It is next reason to drop FPS

The developers have explained in the past that, given the technology at their disposal, having water under the entire map actually saves FPS, because the engine does not have to calculate the shore lines (or something like that... I'm not a programmer).

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

I´d just saw the pic of the airports in the new enlarged map of the Caucasus and i have a question.

How far to the east is the BS map? For example, from Nalchik how many Km are to the east?

Would be included from this point ( Nalchik and a few km to the east ) the Souht Ossetian territory to the south in straight line? Reaches Ts´khinvali to the south?

Because this would be a very interesting terrain for missions and campaings, more now with news of combats in this zone , no matter if the whole Souht Ossetian is detailed, with a part of it would be enough.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Question about the editor.

Will it be possible to set failures in a more detailed way than in lomac?

As it is now we can choose an interval time when the fault may occur and a global chance of any fault happening.

I would like it if we could set individual chance figures for each failure, e.g. 46% failure chance on left engine and 32% chance of failure on the right landing gear.

And I would like it if we could set several chance zones by time for each failure type, e.g. from 5 minutes into the flight and to 30 mintues into the flight there would be a 50% chance of a certain failure, after those 30 minutes this chance would go up to 75%.

Also, will we be able to tie failures to triggers?

It would be really cool to be able to include a kind of wear and tear on the Ka-50 into a campaign, as you go along the chance of failures for the helo increases and depending on mission goals achieved there might or might not be time for repair and service. There could even be missions where you're supposed to just fly to a service station and if you succeed the failure chances gets lowered.

Edited by Yellonet

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

• 2 weeks later...

A quick question:

For the KGMU bombs, is each bomblet modelled separately? So each bomblet infers damage over the object where it falls. And for example, the wind can disperse bomblets more or less, and maybe two bomblets can crash between them and explode. Is all this possible?

Regards!!