Uuuuaaaah..! I have started building now..!

Triggerhappy69

WOW :captain:

great. just great fun. my dad is planning to rent a 42' some time next year or mabe this winter. He had to sell his 32' newport he can no longer go sailing buy himself. medical reasons.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like fun !!! good on you trigger

:pilotfly:

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog

WOW :captain:

great. just great fun. my dad is planning to rent a 42' some time next year or mabe this winter. He had to sell his 32' newport he can no longer go sailing buy himself. medical reasons.

I'm sorry to hear that mate..! Hope it's nothing to serious? Why don't you take contyrol of the family ship and go sailing on the West Coast.? I hear good things about the.... sailing... there..? :music_whistling:

looks like fun !!! good on you trigger

Thanx Noti..!:thumbup: It really has been a good summer.. Lotsa fresh air and sports, and LOTS of FUN..!

Great looking CNC build so far. How much money do you have invested in it so far.

Have a good one,

Ivan

http://www.cncinformation.com

Hmmm..! I think the Proxxon table was 230,- Euros or arround that range? The MDF I had in my garage. The Rollerbearings were 10 Euros, and the Aluminum Square pipe I cut to make the 90degree angle I actually got for free.. If you ask the industry politely, and tell them what you're going to use it for, the give away cut-offs and scrap pieces for free... And the bigger the manufacturer you ask.. the bigger "scrap" they have..:smartass:

The Stepper Controller Card from HobbyCnC was only 99 US Dollar (I chose the 4 axis kit).

The Hand router motor was saved from a crappy "cheapo" router that was thrown away because it was useless..! But the motor and bearings are fine.. So nothing there..

Powersupplies I have a lot of from before, and I managed to get my hands on a stinky old laptop that will run Windows 2000 or XP and Mach3 software for the ControllerCard..

And of course you know I use Solidworks for CAD, and SolidCAM for CAM.. (price unknown):cry:

So that comes to the grand total of 294 Euros so far..

"But (504)Brewber said they were'nt friendly.. So I took'em out.!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ka-50 Pitbuilding Update 18 August 2008 - Collective mechanics

A bit of change since you last saw it..!

I decided to exchange the bent alu plate for a spring tensioned webstrap. It gives me a more uniform resistance the whole moving range of the collective, and doesn't need to be bent back into shape all the time.

ka50collectivestick62qd6.jpg

The blue thing is the springloaded web strap.

ka50collectivestick68pq2.jpg

I added some pieces from a steel pipe to let the webstrap run on..! Instead of the 20x20mm alu square I had before..

ka50collectivestick40ds0.jpg

Collective Break is on, and it doesn't move a millimeter..!

ka50collectivestick39yu7.jpg

And Collective Break is OFF.. And it runs effortlessly up and down..

ka50collectivestick71rr0.jpg

- The lowest Collective position.

ka50collectivestick70vv4.jpg

Approx Hover Pitch..

ka50collectivestick69xo6.jpg

And Maximum Collective position.. Any angle higher than this and I'll get a thumb-cramp from using the cooliehats on the Collective Stick..!:cry:

ka50collectivestick63gs4.jpg

Overview of the mechanics.

ka50collectivestick78ln1.jpg

ka50collectivestick77ob7.jpg

ka50collectivestick76ru1.jpg

ka50collectivestick75dt5.jpg

ka50collectivestick72jj8.jpg

ka50collectivestick81vi4.jpg

Well that actually is a milestone for me..! This is the first mechanics that can be used for flightsimming now..! I'm making the PCB's for all the connections in a couple of days.. :joystick:

Edited by Triggerhappy69
New Pictures

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ka-50 Pitbuild Update 19 august 2008 - Wiring up the Collective Stick

I just couldn't help myself.. I had to have the wires run out from the Collective stick like the real thing..!

It's not really practical or important, but I just had to!

This is the real thing:

airforceruka5088bs1.jpg

And how I buildt it:

ka50collectivestick51hl7.jpg

ka50collectivestick54be0.jpg

I attached the dampener that makes the Collective "neutral" ti the crossbar for the spring. And it worked out just PERFECT! Now the Collective Stick is a independent module..

ka50collectivestick49sv8.jpg

The Collective Switch Box is attached to this wood plug. And slotted into the stick, and fastened with setscrews under the handle.

ka50collectivestick52ax1.jpg

Did some cosmetic touches to the Coolie Hat plates on the Collective Box:

ka50collectivestick53fy2.jpg

ka50collectivestick54be0.jpg

Well.. You get the picture I hope..?:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ka-50 Pitbuild Update 19. august 2008 - Wiring up the Collective Stick 2

I can't belive it actually takes 32 wires to connect all the switches in the Collective Box..?

ka50collectivestick56wy4.jpg

But it is starting to look like something now? All the red plastic will be replaced or painted like the real thing..

ka50collectivestick65ci0.jpg

I'll also have to add some "fake" wires to make the wire-bundle look a bit fuller..

ka50collectivestick60ig1.jpg

ka50collectivestick61hk9.jpg

ka50collectivestick59dy0.jpg

I can't wait to test it out..!

Some details of the springloading and dampener:

ka50collectivestick62qd6.jpg

ka50collectivestick63gs4.jpg

ka50collectivestick67yu3.jpg

ka50collectivestick68pq2.jpg

Edited by Triggerhappy69
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Outstanding! Bravo! Looks really solid. :thumbup:

I like those two lolypops... :D Good job!

Thanx guys.. :music_whistling:

I will replace some of the crappy Cellphone Pics with new ones tonight..

And I am in the process of making the breakout-board for the collective mechanism and Right Rear Wall now.. Just got to finish the Input / Output schematics first to be sure I don't forget anything (as if I haven't done that EVERY time, and still forget..)

Anyone want the E-Drwaings if this, just send me a PM with your e-mail adress and I'll send it your way.. The drawings can't be more final than they are... :cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ka-50 Pitbuild Update 23 august 2008 - Finbishing touch on Collective Box, and PCB

I finished the breakout board for the Collective Module yesterday:

collectivebreakoutboarddk2.png

collectivebreakoutboardsd3.png

And the plastic panels that hold the cooliehats down on the Collective Box..

collectiverotorgovernorvh9.jpg

collectiverotorgovernoruv0.jpg

collectiverotorgovernorvl0.jpg

collectiverotorgovernorqa4.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very nice sailboat I wish I had something that looked so clean and nice. Our houseboat is merely a floating home and a major work in progress (major pain in the @ss)! My wifes cousins have asked me to try kite surfing but I think I'll stick to my two wheeled flatland BMX exploits (never more than 2 ft off the ground). Great to see new progress too.

And yeah I think I'll stay away from the potatoe patch outside of the San Francisco Bay Area!

Hummmm I see an extra switch. that looks like a after addon to the colitive. in the top pic the little red box with a singel switch. I wonder what that is for.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice sailboat I wish I had something that looked so clean and nice. Our houseboat is merely a floating home and a major work in progress (major pain in the @ss)! My wifes cousins have asked me to try kite surfing but I think I'll stick to my two wheeled flatland BMX exploits (never more than 2 ft off the ground). Great to see new progress too.

And yeah I think I'll stay away from the potatoe patch outside of the San Francisco Bay Area!

You should really listen to cousins..! It's like 3D sailing. And both a good way to stay in shape, have A LOT OF FUN, and get some adrenaline..!:smilewink:

Hummmm I see an extra switch. that looks like a after addon to the colitive. in the top pic the little red box with a singel switch. I wonder what that is for.

I have tried zooming in on the switch, google my *ss off to find the answer, AND use whatever common sence I have to find out what it's for..! But in the end I must admitt that I DON'T CARE..! It's not in DCS simulator.. Hi Hi..

Ps. But if anyone has an idea, please let me know..:cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pitbuilding Update september 5th 2008 - CnC Router finishing

All that's missing now on the router is attaching the stepper motors..

Some pictures of the progress:

cncconversion33ya1.jpg

The fixing plate for the Router motor.

cncconversion30et2.jpg

The motor sits like tis in the cradle for the Z-Axis.

cncconversion23fv1.jpg

Like this...!

cncconversion18zp7.jpg

I made a Zero Backlash Nut from a piece of Teflon that I made 8mm threads in...

cncconversion17xk0.jpg

And split with a finetooth hacksaw on one side. The split can be tightened with a couple of 3mm screws so I can remove any play that wear and tear might make in time..

The Z-Axis 8mm Threaded Rod runs in a couple of simple attachments I made from some 4mm Aluminium scraps I found. And I drilled a 22mm hole in the top one using one of those "Step Drills" that go fron 6mm to 22mm.

cncconversion20gs2.jpg

They are bolted to the top and bottom plate with 6mm bolts that go through the MDF and have BIG washers on the side of the nuts.

cncconversion33yp2.jpg

And it all looks like this before finishing, sanding corners, making holes for cables and then painting:

cncconversion35xq6.jpg

cncconversion34mx2.jpg

The Stuff That makes it work:

The Controller Card undergoing assembly:

cncconversion21lw7.jpg

The Stepper motors are Sanyo Denki Type 103H5208-0841 24V 1,8 Degrees per step. I don't know if these will be powerfull enough even when I gear them down 3:1..? Inputs anyone?

Ps. AlexRC You have any thoughts?

cncconversion22ai5.jpg

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pitbuilding Update september 5th 2008 - Collective Cable routing

I changed the cable type running to the collective switch box to a type that would that the bending and moving better..

Now If I can just find a way to get all of them iside the handle???:(

ka50collectivestick82pi0.jpg

And the breakout boards that will connect all the switches and the Hall effect sencor. Also it will supply power to the light and two fans on the Left Rear Wall..

ka50collectivestick83sy3.jpg

ka50collectivestick84av3.jpg

I Started soldering all the cables tio the Cooilehats and switches in the Collective box..

ka50collectivebox6mo0.jpg

... But it was so boring I had to take a break...:cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Triggerhappy. You should have a very understandable wife. Keep up the good work. Looking awesome.:thumbup:

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Triggerhappy, I've been quite busy for the past couple of months. Now I came back and saw these progress you've made. It's pretty much like having Prison Break back on screen in September - fan-freagin'-tastic!!!!!

Hey I got myself a USB developing board, I'm messing with it right now. Complex though.

Triggerhappy. You should have a very understandable wife. Keep up the good work. Looking awesome.:thumbup:

Thanx mate.. :music_whistling: Well actually I guess you do have a point on the wife issue. I haven't got a wife at all.. And to be honest I think your right..! If I was married she would probably either have me killed or leave me from a lack of attention.. LoL.. But that's one of the finer things of having ex-wifes.. You have all the experience and knowlegde of what NOT to do in a relationship. And if your lucky (like me) you can have the worlds greatest girlfriend, AND the time to build a cockpit.. :thumbup:

Triggerhappy, I've been quite busy for the past couple of months. Now I came back and saw these progress you've made. It's pretty much like having Prison Break back on screen in September - fan-freagin'-tastic!!!!!

Hey I got myself a USB developing board, I'm messing with it right now. Complex though.

Heck Alex..! If YOU find it complex I'm not even going into that..! To be honest I'm kind in the dark on what a USB developing board does to be honest. But then again you're operating on a higher level than me..

I do want to learn how to program Mircrochips (PIC programming) sometime soon. But It'll have to wait a while..

BTW, dude. How much have you invested in this so far?

Not a lot actually..! Since I'm doing this the DIY way I mostly use parts I can get for next-to-nothing or free.. The CNC router I only payd for the X/Y table from Proxxon was 215 Euro and the Controller Card from HobbyCNC was 54 Euro.. The Steppers I got from an old Photocopy machine that was due to be scrapped anyway. ..

Basicly I'm building the pit from JUNK..! LMAO..:doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am a slap in the face of my own intellect...! You would think that by now I had learned to not start building after midnight..?

I just get carried away..!

But at least the controller card for the stepper motors are just about assembled.. Now if I could only forget about testing them and get some sleep..?

(think happy thoughts Trigger... Varm colors and rainbows and Blaaargh.... This 'ain working for me at all....:cry:)

dscf3903na2.jpg

dscf3904os5.jpg

And I recruitet some help soldering from a mate of mine.. A man can only do so much soldering in one day without going insane (or get a really bad headache..)

dscf3906xc5.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]