Uuuuaaaah..! I have started building now..!

Triggerhappy69

Pitbuilding Update 05. june 2008 - Trigger mechanism and R-800 Backlight

TRIGGER MECHANISM

finishedtriggermechanisdk5.jpg

finishedtriggermechanisjs2.jpg

finishedtriggermechanisev4.jpg

finishedtriggermechanisxj2.jpg

finishedtriggermechanisrn3.jpg

finishedtriggermechanisfc9.jpg

finishedtriggermechanisng9.jpg

finishedtriggermechaniskj4.jpg

finishedtriggermechanispr3.jpg

A picture say more than 1000 words...

R-800 PANEL WITH BACKLIGHT:

r800panelbuilding22cm7.jpg

r800panelbuilding23qt2.jpg

... I might actually have to make the APU Panel front in the same way now..! And maybe tone down the light from the Backlight LEDs a little..

• Like 1

"But (504)Brewber said they were'nt friendly.. So I took'em out.!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TrackIR is enough for me but it's amazing what you're doing! :thumbup:

...I know..! !!!!

I don't know if it' s just me being stubborn and not able to say "this I can't do..", Og they joy of having to aquire all these fun new skills to make it, or even just the fact that now I have an "obligation" to follow through with the project to you guys..! But I dare say that EVERYONE whose into flightsimming should try some level of building.. Just because it brings on a completely new level to the hobby..! And you get to talk to some really interesting people..!

But I still use my trusty old Cougar (ss495A1 Hall effects modded), with a 20cm stick extention and DIY Pedals only for LockON FC gaming.. AND TarckIr With the track-LED thingy.. And it does keep me busy and happy for hours..!

And then came Freetrack along..! Risking getting Naturalpoint Inc on my back I say that EVERYONE should try making a led tracker for freetrack..! I use Naturalpoints TrackIR on my main computer running LO. But I have Freetrack on the "instructors" Pc (that I'm forced to use whenever someone want's to try flying LO at my house). And it works just fine..! Not as Plug-And-Play and consistent as TrackIR, but that could be the cheap webcam I use for it! And it's virtually free..! AND fun..!

http://www.free-track.net/english/

(go get yourselves a soldring iron and blow some fuses.. ):thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Trigger,

Wow! Very nice work in triggers. Our finish is best than russian originals. :)

The lefth trigger push the right (foldabble) trigger too?

Sokol1

Yup..! It does! That's the beauty of this design.. I have mentioned it before, but again I'll say that the design if this mechanism is just a stroke of genious!!! :thumbup:

I think I'll make the right trigger again though (multi prototyping like RU designers LoL). I need to make it exact so there's hardly any play in it. But still enough to have the spring loading work!

Today I had a good idea! I got myself a XY table from Proxxon recently. And I have been wanting to make a bench top CnC router for quite some time now. But have'nt gotten arround to it for some reason?

Well I found a site that sell Stepper controller/driver kits for 79$..!

hcncpro_1.jpg

http://www.hobbycnc.com/products/hobbycnc-pro-chopper-driver-board-kits/

So I bought one..

And then I found myself short of three stepper motors.. Bummer..!

Well where can I find small Stepper motors for next-to-nothing..? Old photocopy machines off course..!

So of I went to the nearest repairshop for those kind of things. And after some explaining and showing them this thread so they knew what it was for I was given the go ahed to just take whatever I wanted from the machines that was outdated.. Can you belive my luck..!?

Naturally I went berzerk and removed the three first steppers I found..

And then They mentioned why I didn't use magnetic clutches for the collective brake and Rudder Pedal Force trim.. So I got three of those as well..

EC20CBLL_MED.jpg

http://www.reell.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=36&zenid=e666a9767d7feafc3917c3aedaf58854

They are quite cool actually.. When you switch on the 12/24 Volt current they LOCK UP completly..! So now I don't need all the springs and stuff on my collective anymore.. Just two micro switches (one for the magnetic brake and one connected to the IO Card to reset autopilot zeropoint).. I can't wayt to test them.. But naturally I didn't have a 24V powersupply at home. So it will have to wait..!

I'll post some pics on the Z-axis setup as soon as I can. But tonight I have to prioritize differently.. Because tomorrow my dream girl is coming to visit. And she outranks pitbuilding..!

Ps. Ja Ingvild.. den va te deg..! :music_whistling:

Edited by Triggerhappy69

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Enok, your are so crazy. Positivly :D

.... sigh ....! You are so right Groovie.:cry: And coming from you who actually know me a bit that should hurt.. But since it is the truth I have agree..! :thumbup:

On the other hand, I'm having so much fun with this I can llive with it..LMAO!

Z-AXIS FOR THE PROXXON KT-150 XY-TABLE

Nothing fancy on this project. I just want it to WORK..! No work drawings or fancy Soliworks pics. It's made on the "that looks as it might work" principle..

enokwang009ln6.jpg

enokwang000wb1.jpg

I'll take some pics with the table and stuff so you can get a clearer image of how it (hopefully) will work..!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

/me bows to the master of KA-50 pitbuilding :)

Thinking I might get one of those Proxxon X-Y milling tables, what's the model of yours Trigger? There's a similar one on this site but it doesn't look the same: http://www.mytoolstore.com.au/

Keep up the awesome work mate.

Edited by ruprecht

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Sweetness! The trigger looks nice!! I don't quite understand how it works though.. :P The left one pushes the right one as well? Which is the gun trigger and which is the other?

Your decision to build a CNC router is great me thinks!! One can use it for al sorts of things; Panels, molds, engraving etc etc so on and so forth..

Me and me brother are in the middle of building one similar to this design http://www.buildyourcnc.com very good inspiration on that site, he has a step by step video where he builds a quite nice machine.. You should check it out if you have'nt allready :) Also cnczone.com has a good forum I thinks..

edit: Oh, your new panels look great!!!

/me bows to the master of KA-50 pitbuilding :)

Thinking I might get one of those Proxxon X-Y milling tables, what's the model of yours Trigger? There's a similar one on this site but it doesn't look the same: http://www.mytoolstore.com.au/

Keep up the awesome work mate.

... and the same to you mate..!

About the KT-150 XY table.. It's normally a part of a milling kit with the stand and all. BUT If you check out this webpage:

http://www.proxxon.com.au/cgi-bin/WMS.exe?WMS=item&page=products&cntr=69&title=PROXXON&search=Brands&type=0

And ask for a price on "ITEM 20150 KT 150 COMPOUND TABLE" that would be the KT-150.

I chose it for it's 150x150mm WORK area..! As far as future panel making that shouold cover just about every panel I will make for the pit..

The other alternative has only 134x46mm work area..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sweetness! The trigger looks nice!! I don't quite understand how it works though.. :P The left one pushes the right one as well? Which is the gun trigger and which is the other?

Your decision to build a CNC router is great me thinks!! One can use it for al sorts of things; Panels, molds, engraving etc etc so on and so forth..

Me and me brother are in the middle of building one similar to this design http://www.buildyourcnc.com very good inspiration on that site, he has a step by step video where he builds a quite nice machine.. You should check it out if you have'nt allready :) Also cnczone.com has a good forum I thinks..

edit: Oh, your new panels look great!!!

Thanx Sulan..

CNC Site

Only thing now is that the APU Panel has to be made in the same way (.. eventually)..

About the buildyourcnc site..! If I only knew how many times I have stared at those How-to's till my eyes were wet, drooling and dreaming.. It's really one of the best sites for us who want an easy introduction to a complex build.. Brilliant layout, and many simple steps compared to other sites that has ONE instruction video showing the whole build in 15 seconds..!

Triggermech Q&A

Well.. I wish I knew mate..! One is the cannon trigger and the other is for payloads. I really don't know before I read the manual..

Here's a quick picture series where I try to explain:

triggermechanismhowitwoqb9.jpg

As far as what trigger is for what function.. We'll just have to be patient and wait and see what ED says..

I will be using a Microswitch with an exension and a spring for the right trigger. But since the left trigger has to be able to stay in it's "up" position, I'll glue a 10mm round disk neodyme magnet (They are REALLY STRONG) into the trigger. And glue a steel nut on the backside that it will stick to. BEHIND the nut I'll place a REED-Switch that is activated when the magnet is in it's upper position.

Reed switches are simple devices. Basicly it's two pieces of metal almost touching in a vacuum tube. And one of them is non magnetic. So when you hold a magnet to it (with the right polarity towards the reed switch) It will pull the metal plates together, or rather the one that is magnetic is pulled into the non-magnetic one. And this forms an electric contact.

R289788-01.jpg

They are about 30x4x4 millimeters in size. And should fit nicely inside my Cyclic stick box behind the front wall.

Also since the rest of the trigger mechanism is made in aluminum (non-magnetic) it will not have an effect before it's flipped up to the "up" position..!

Edited by Triggerhappy69

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Update on Proxxon Kt-150 CnC Conversion (& My new kite)

Got some more work done on the Cnc Roter today after work..

cncconversionqu0.jpg

cncconversion1uj5.jpg

This is what I had remember..

And this is what I got done today..!

The cradle for the mill motor:

cncconversion6bt8.jpg

cncconversion2jv6.jpg

cncconversion3iq1.jpg

cncconversion4zb1.jpg

cncconversion5tw3.jpg

The main rails for the Z-Axis.

And I got my new toy.. A HUGE kite for kitesurfing when the wind is low..! 'Cause that's only time the weather is good around here! Check out the size of the damn thing. It's 17.3 square meters!

enokwang008pj0.jpg

Ps. No, that's not my girl.. It's my neighbors girlfriend.. I can't wait to take it out for a spin.. THE KITE..! Aaaaargh.. you've got a dirty mind..! LoL.!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Update Pics WSCP Panel assembling

This was my final drawing of the assembly before I started makng it!

Exploded view:

wscppanelver3018dv8.jpg

wscppanelver3017pf0.jpg

wscppanelver3016qk7.jpg

Cutting the Panel front and push-buttons in a Laser CnC machine:

wscppanelver3007tt5.jpg

wscppanelver3008fc5.jpg

It came out all right ? Don't you agree?

wscppanelver3005kn9.jpg

wscppanelver3006fg3.jpg

Even the small details..

wscppanelver3002wh5.jpg

Started measuring up and drilling the 1mm Aluminum fixing plate.

wscppanelver3009jw6.jpg

Since the push-buttons are so small (15mmX15mm) and they hold three 3mm LED's (one for backlight, and two to shine up the green space not yet painted). I had to make a simple drill Jig. Actually using drill.jigs are the easyest way to make sure you get uniform mistakes all over.. LoL:music_whistling:

wscppanelver3010sg0.jpg

Center holde that will have a 1,5mm bolt with a spring. The bolt-head push on the tactile switch.

wscppanelver3011dm0.jpg

And the holes for the LED's!

wscppanelver3012rd3.jpg

I make a threader by just using a hacksaw and making a groove in the 40mm spacers for the PCB. It actually works just perfect in plexiglass..

wscppanelver3013vp6.jpg

See.. It works.. No nuts needed..!

wscppanelver3015tq1.jpg

wscppanelver3014wo8.jpg

Well.I'm of to bed now.. More tomorrow..

I have finished the collective brake mechanics. AND IT WORKS.! Pics drawings and a short explenation tomorrow..!

Cya!:joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ka-50 Pitbuilding update 14 july 2008

Not a whole lot got done on the pit this weekend..! I had to catch up with my RL job. And that has priority above ALL..!

I did get to drill a buch of holes you don't see, and paint the back fixing plate though. Oh Yeah..! And I got to test fit it on the left lower panel module:

This is what I wanted:

leftpedestalswrender01us3.jpg

And this is what I got:

leftpedestal6wj7.jpg

Again what I wanted:

leftpedestalswrender02ja1.jpg

And what I got:

leftpedestal7ql9.jpg

... it's finally starting to look like something now..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow, it's starting to look really good now:thumbup:

Anyway, found some switches on ebay that can be used for this sim I hope. Square pushbutton with led (version without led is also available).

http://search.stores.ebay.com/PARTSPIPE_GLKD3_W0QQfciZQ2d1QQfclZ3QQfsnZPARTSPIPEQQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsaselZ171050829QQsofpZ0

Can probably be used as is (after some black paint) or perhaps one can do custom button tops in acrylic and glue on. Dont know the color of the led though...but I've ordered 8 pcs + some other assorted switches so well see in about a week or so.

/Oakes

Summer hollyday!

Thanx guys..! :thumbup:

I off to my summer holliday now. I have been so lucky to be asked to crew onboard a sailboat (.. and not just ANY sailboat.. a NAJAD) this summer. And sail it from Lofoten wayyy up by the Arctic Circle and down to Oslo..

The boat:

511_main.jpg

And the route:

satelliteimageofnorwayidy4.jpg

Guess I'll have to stop thinking about pitbuilding a couple of weeks, and just ENJOY..!

Cya in a little while guys..!

Ps. got my 10" LCD Touchscreen the other day. And I just have to say.. Touchbuddy RULES..!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I love sailing out in the bay winth my dad here in CA. He has a 30' newport 3rd gen. Enjoy and will await your return. :music_whistling:

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Ka-50 Pitbuilding Update 28. July 2008

Just got home yesterday from what has to the greatest sailing EVER..! (Pics Coming CAT.. And we need to talk more about this.. )

Collective Mechanics:

Got the Collective brake guide attached and bent into the shape it needs to have to run smoothly..

It's fixed to the top plate, and when I let go of the Collective Brake Handle it sticks like a fly on a bar of chocolate..

ka50collectivestick35bk1.jpg

ka50collectivestick36fe0.jpg

ka50collectivestick37le1.jpg

ka50collectivestick38kg5.jpg

This means that I hust have to give the mechanics a good sanding over and some paint, and it is ready to be fixed to the Left Backplate on the Pit.. Oh yeah.. I still have to run all the wires through the handle, but that'll be done in a jiffy..!

I have a serious problem now that the Ka-50 Pit has been translated to english in DCS.. I'm not quite sure, but right now I am leaning towards making the rest of the Pit with english lettering. To make it easyer to aquaint myself with all the panels in stressfull situations... And not having to memorize all the functions..

...but then again.... It's not quite right is it..? Feedback or thoughts arround the subject will be greatly appreciated guys..!:cry:

CnC-Router Building

I got the kit for the Stepper motor driver Card from HobbyCnC the day before I left. And have decided to leave it in my drawer untill the Z-axis building is 100% finished..

But that will NOT take long now.. This is todays progression:

cncconversion8co9.jpg

cncconversion9tq6.jpg

I have finished the cradle for the router motor. It will be fixed to an alu plate on the bottom of the cradle. And sit snugly through the 50mm hole..

The rollers are attached to the cradle and now all that remain is to fix the outboard rollers and repplace all the screws with tension bolts (like on furniture).. I hope to have it done tomorrow.. :cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow, it's starting to look really good now:thumbup:

Anyway, found some switches on ebay that can be used for this sim I hope. Square pushbutton with led (version without led is also available).

http://search.stores.ebay.com/PARTSPIPE_GLKD3_W0QQfciZQ2d1QQfclZ3QQfsnZPARTSPIPEQQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsaselZ171050829QQsofpZ0

Can probably be used as is (after some black paint) or perhaps one can do custom button tops in acrylic and glue on. Dont know the color of the led though...but I've ordered 8 pcs + some other assorted switches so well see in about a week or so.

/Oakes

Thanx for the tip mate.. I bought them..!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ka-50 Pitbuild Update 02 august 2008 - Finishing the Desk CnC Router

It's just to warm to do anything inside these days, so I have finished the Proxxon CnC rebuild mechanics.

I now I'm going to wait for a rainy day, and build the Stepper controller kit I got from HobbyCnC.

Steppers are in house, and the Z-axis anti backlash nut design I really haven't decided on yet..

cncconversion10ad9.jpg

cncconversion16pd4.jpg

cncconversion15ri1.jpg

cncconversion14ar9.jpg

cncconversion13ed1.jpg

cncconversion12ys5.jpg

cncconversion11nc9.jpg

cncconversion16pd4.jpg

Cya..

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As usual it looks great. :thumbup:

I cant wait to see the picks from your trip.:juggle:

As for the pit translated into English that is a decision that only you can make. If you want it to look real you go with the standard lettering ( you will over time memorize the pit and wont need to read what each switch is fore} thin again I am putting mine in english so I can read them wile learning the pit. But my pit will be torn apart :cry: when the AH64 A is released :D.

As soon as I finish the KA50 pit I plan on a slow build on the AH 64a pit over 18 months. I am hoping too a standerd betwean what I have for the KA 50 and the bar you are setting.

I hope this helped

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Geez talk about "what I did on my summer vacation" sailing, re-engineering the wheel, that bike in the pics a few pages back (did you build that too)! So many skills here, i'm always in awe of the progress you're making on this project. And people think my project is crazy. I mean crazy in the best way possible of course!

I have a sailboat, well its a houseboat that dont run, if it breaks away from the dock you can bet it'll sail down river! Is there nothing you cant do Trigger?

Keep it up I think you could make a business out of this!

What did I do this Summer?

As usual it looks great. :thumbup:

I cant wait to see the picks from your trip.:juggle:

As for the pit translated into English that is a decision that only you can make. If you want it to look real you go with the standard lettering ( you will over time memorize the pit and wont need to read what each switch is fore} thin again I am putting mine in english so I can read them wile learning the pit. But my pit will be torn apart :cry: when the AH64 A is released :D.

As soon as I finish the KA50 pit I plan on a slow build on the AH 64a pit over 18 months. I am hoping too a standerd betwean what I have for the KA 50 and the bar you are setting.

I hope this helped

Geez talk about "what I did on my summer vacation" sailing, re-engineering the wheel, that bike in the pics a few pages back (did you build that too)! So many skills here, i'm always in awe of the progress you're making on this project. And people think my project is crazy. I mean crazy in the best way possible of course!

I have a sailboat, well its a houseboat that dont run, if it breaks away from the dock you can bet it'll sail down river!

Is there nothing you cant do Trigger?

Keep it up I think you could make a business out of this!

I have had the best summer ever..! Here are some pics.!

y1pKV5eicDoIM8KS40NM7bm9atgPn77aX9u_rzlJporfZCxSu7opkdwWF7BlecDDKqh

You can only imagine my surprice when I noticed that the owner is also the guy who designed the NAJAD's.. Bernt is probably my new all time HERO..! And one of the most pleasant and interresting people I've met..! (and he has a beautifull girlfriend to..?)

y1pebyZ9zh5GU6sz9HaOj0FFsJW9nI26KotnQZ2I0awyYQcLTBgHQVZ_18v-B8iPpPV

A bit of "weather" awaiting us just south of Lofoten.. We had already made the decition that we were going to sail through the night before we saw this.. Bummer!

y1pgDuILTbhMpx-LeKDPHhf0R3lfKWipSsjuqQ3SUwZKI6DHI0HkJFQRc2dcdVzVLNs

Details , details , details..

y1pgkpfv_4njIIMxpGP2Hk7jYK4x8Pkgq6TBf1OXJHng_Y-vwiJ7bYRpI-pCJLy-ZAY

.. A tip for you boat owners.. Wash the deck with Chlorine.. STRONG Chlorine..! I though my father had lost it when he told me this, but look how good the result was..!

y1p2iCDwCSesAIU0Ay0EuKDuBf713lr9dfaeo2q12irE9T04MGtfNFaMrlz17ckVF9E

Where I always smile..! It never fails..! Just shut down the Autopilot (I hate sailing with it.. it feels so.. fake..)

y1prSVOeLbH18zocrns-XHMU4Y1qG9Y-o5zbNbfIkhwQviFovpOwl5Yt-BOFqp0t9AH

... lean back, and ENJOY..!

y1pVRQL_1ffFvCnN1C6s9b7cMjxFFevLLZA8H5BUQE9NXuDnNV8p7QnE1Qm019a4c6Y

My father..! Honestly I have to make a small dementi here..! This guy will always be my hero..! He's pigheaded, stubborn and sometimes inpossible to talk reason to.. So at least now I know where I have that from..!

y1p_PYnipgi5hT2cV2g5x0tRGvqVNCC1wcCGZ2auW-YQFcCFa1DigDdq_L5gXAU904T

Always at work..

y1pfVcfe42__wreC20UIG61TgyuvG6-P_JKPZkQF1qchHsNrCKUEIjlylys_3jSOCbo

The view from the sofa and back through the kitchen, engine room (starboard side), Captains Cabin and toilette and shower..

y1pplw_1GYxSPWyl2MyR8RG4icG3KNMhRJLjSjcQt78c9mGDF6tvtpYFOWik3e79AMb

A well deserved brake from sleeping the whole day..! And they say Norway has rough weather ...?

By the way.. The boat is Swedish.. I however am NOT..! So there is no need to get all patriotic on me, my dear swedish brothers..!

y1pSWEhn_c7AGNurLLNem0U0xwXSKYB7reAo-gAyVB0nKg3RXKHjA3E04AnernMNhj1

y1p3CcBcVOyFNIgkDAi0VD9znGNmQkpoUOlYJzAdSgk3u1zrevLgcH5R3tmaqTyopdC

Finally convinsed the On-Duty Captain that it would be nice to get some canvas up on both sides..! These two sails are both roll-up sails. controlled from cockpit and rolled in and out by two seriously MASSIVE electrical winches..! Sigh.. the joy..

y1pg4wFsBpQimKMqiLEvOWdsFzBu5DVg8eA8FnYjIxkzlNC4Cmil9gGzeHsY0t2EWo6

Two generations disagreeing on something.. I'm guessing I was right..! LMAO..! (he's gonna kill me if he reads this)

y1pZcKXSp2VMCm62z7Fey9UeLoU2BmnWd5PzSki3J1vuGbWExOcguS4PDiE31805gcR

This is where you see that NAJADs are just in a category of theyr own..! ALL the wood on this boat came from the same log of mahogny wood..! So there is no difference anywhere in the wood grains.. DROOL..!

y1pWgSEIxRUKy8nQjHv9HDrrORwqYlvt9avUuQSCywICvpFcLxx-KB2yX8DbH8MsyDH

Hmmmm.. If I don't eat for another 25 years, and sell everything I own, and borrow all I can, and get a friend to do the same... I might have enough for this boat..! DAMMIT..!

y1pqjo3Cq4yY3FJ0LmBvzjAOJ66FWAKZwfpjwvUZ8jFVkGks6Mf0u7OTxvFfiyJ0819

Look at him..! He just LOVES those damn autopilots..! Aaaaargh..!

(Text added later..)

Edited by Triggerhappy69

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]