Uuuuaaaah..! I have started building now..!

Triggerhappy69

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marlboro, dude you gotta quit that crap asap, it'll eat ya!! lol!

I know..! I know..! My girlfriend is trying to quit smoking now, and she's got all the willpower I haven't... And me, being a simple man addicted to kissing her, will just have to cave in and quit to..! :helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

I finished the Stepper Controller card this morning.. Can't wayt to test it..

cncconversion39yt2.jpg

cncconversion41bp0.jpg

Ps. Alex you're sooo right.. Looking at the inviting ashtray in my pics even I have to admitt that it's a nasty habbit..:cry:

"But (504)Brewber said they were'nt friendly.. So I took'em out.!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know..! I know..! My girlfriend is trying to quit smoking now, and she's got all the willpower I haven't... And me, being a simple man addicted to kissing her, will just have to cave in and quit to..! :helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

th_ashtray.jpg

I know this problem also very well. ( Me after 12 hours working in front of the monitor.)

Edited by urze

• 3 weeks later...

Panel Building Tutorial

I thought I'd make a small tutorial on panelbuilding.

I start out with a piece of 8mm Acryllic roughly cut to size

y1pjprxYhl72DDxPc0xFAGGoNz8aBOf0bkDA58B3y8tvhITGahNpulRDBCamqqsUp6e

Drill the monting holes and shamfer the corners

y1pjprxYhl72DDGLuQj84PjBpJBqiRgLs8xJdGDZ8Gs5FjMxyjz5pxNg11Pq8s3e9CY

And paint the whole thing White with at least two coates of gloss paint.

y1pjprxYhl72DByeteDwSdPy0muh2gLFID2BLw702_ZGLBJvop1QgvJfc4oFsttb16-

Then add 4-6 coates off flat Black paint on top of that.

y1pQ2OGrZsrwrI445oO2YkMjiP-P0rl7J_pHN3jAcomrL-C2zFguc_O7D7qTcPC117V

And the it's mountesd in the CnC Mill for making the bigger holes.

y1pQ2OGrZsrwrIqr-PotME8gpyDXlOIfZMyi7KlB0LQBa0hdkn4wO_MgPKp7M96MzvN

Another round in the CnC Mill cut out the pockets that the text is in. Now these pockets need to be painted white and then black again.

y1pQ2OGrZsrwrK21yeANgLHYUiCYbZ2eYQ9wDRFW4Sq3Dp0a_afiiEN2XlTJS1y3tqG

Like this:

y1pQ2OGrZsrwrLageoDPaLmFl4xMgsgBOi29iarhJA454wUAed1cfB7FLT_BsDNcSCx

The CnC Mill use a 0,6mm fine endmill ti cut out the lettering so the light shine through the grooves and look nice!

y1pMx2bkXJkIXQ9kMy9oDyMWlRDwY_VYSnV0wRfJ8fI277TPmnMvBPGgrTsCoxZc7ln

and finally the edges are bevelled and some adittionall pint is added.

y1pSYJTnxglH9rMUXUXcx4W1mXoQhZq4EYhlqJw4z00dHPqJPSiE2prDm0c8a0EJJiq

This is the backside before drilling the holes that the Backligh LED's are mounted in:

y1pSYJTnxglH9rj2KFYv_BeJyB2ahHqVj3ycdvYjAjjLVU9GGkdHi2EHtlYcIE5-n0M

Backlight holes and holes to make room for the mounting nuts.

y1pSYJTnxglH9o1LIbGn6mvD6BlFOmD5sGP0vFbUYE3brqvqH6aAlmb5F5n3XXmZWkk

And the result:

y1pSYJTnxglH9o0zrCTejbEAuyOCjXkznzLHsBwW2VEykrvrAxA1w06yJ_z2MB6D0uD

I'll be updating this post with pics off the "real panel" as it comes along later tonight...

Cya!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Pitbuilding Update 2. October 2008 - CnC Motors running!

Phuuuh..!

After what seems like a mans age of fiddling I finally got the cnc motors running..

cncconversionbenchtopmisf3.jpg

cncconversionbenchtopmior8.jpg

cncconversionbenchtopmiur0.jpg

I'll try making a video for you..!

This means that my Pitbuilding can finally progress forwards again..:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Trigger i was just checking out your pannel and is the back flat or are you going to cut a recess for the nut that will secure you switch or rotary switches like real panels?

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

The idea is really good, only problem for most people is they don't have a CnC machine...

Well..? I was hoping to show everyone that you can build one real easy if you want..?

As far as I have experienced till now, it's really not very complex before you start fiddling with the CAM Software.. And even that is do-able..!

Very good work Trigger, you got some great skills :thumbup:

See you on Monday :smilewink:

Yup mate..! I'm so looking forwards to that..!:thumbup:

Hi Trigger i was just checking out your pannel and is the back flat or are you going to cut a recess for the nut that will secure you switch or rotary switches like real panels?

Hmmm.. Good point..! I'll have to make a recess for the fastening nut on all the switches. But apart from that it's not quite flat. There are holes that all the Backlight LED sit in. So they shine the light on the inside of the panel.. (that's why I paint first with white, and then flat black)

.... I'll make an update on the drawings..

BTW.. I've started working wioth SolidCAM as my G-Code maker.. And it ROCKS..!:thumbup:

y1pUW6uSXKhJVp4E6J5uvCGwsQe2pH-ijPapwtjuMplmvEBK3rdrJ3hkbBCUyH2tCAy

As you probably see I can set up the pockets, edges holes and islands in Solidworks. And it generates G-code that Mach3 can read and produce parts.. I CAN'T WAYT..!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HPO how are thing going whit getting the Su-27 joystick to the market ;)

Very slow at the moment, I have to sort out some personal things at the moment, and the rush at work also keeps me from working at this project.

But it will continue ;)

Very slow at the moment, I have to sort out some personal things at the moment, and the rush at work also keeps me from working at this project.

But it will continue ;)

I HAVE SEEN IT..! I've seen it, had it in my hands and it's truly a thing of beauty..! (C'mon guys...! I was talking about the Su-27 stick..! Go wash your dirty minds out with consentrated acid..!):lol:

And when it's ready for the next step it will most certainly be the best stick out there EVER..!

HPO..! You have such incredible skills you are my new Idol..!

BTW.. Next time i'm coming down to you I am flying.. The drive back to Norway was nothing short of torture.. And I got pulled over by the cops AGAIN..!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I HAVE SEEN IT..! I've seen it, had it in my hands and it's truly a thing of beauty..! (C'mon guys...! I was talking about the Su-27 stick..! Go wash your dirty minds out with consentrated acid..!):lol:

And when it's ready for the next step it will most certainly be the best stick out there EVER..!

HPO..! You have such incredible skills you are my new Idol..!

BTW.. Next time i'm coming down to you I am flying.. The drive back to Norway was nothing short of torture.. And I got pulled over by the cops AGAIN..!

LOL again :megalol:, where you showing of your tatoo again :D

Playing with RL Helis...

I was visiting a friend of mine that has the coolest job..! :music_whistling:

Guess from the pics what he does? (Edit: Ps. the guy in the pics is ME.. not my lucky friend.. Aaaaaargh!)

bilde001gm4.jpg

Me at the EC-135.. GRINNING..!:thumbup:

716k0303dy1.jpg

716k0312gt2.jpg

716k0360pp7.jpg

bilde002sq9.jpg

Notice that this EC-120 have no rotorblades..? This is not an early experimental version of a civilian ejectionseat. Just an unfortunate mishap where they forgot to make sure the door was secured while spooling upp the rotor. And guess what..? Now the rotor and the door have met eachother...! The door got away with a busted corner, but three of the rotorblades were broken... Did I hear a now "pro-bono" pilot crying?

bilde003hs6.jpg

bilde004sk9.jpg

bilde021xj1.jpg

.... And yes..! I did get to try the EC-120... I must say that although the EC-135 Looks Cooler, and has instrumentation Galore! The '120' just apeal to me.. It looks more mean..! :thumbup:

Edited by Triggerhappy69

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Magnets...! Gotta Love'em?

I finally found a way to make the switch lid on my Collective not come off..!

This is what it should look like.. I did'nt want screws stickin' out and making it look.... thinking... well.. now that I come to think of it, it would'nt have made much of a difference.. It is after all a russian collective..! made to work well, not look well.!

ka50collectiveboxswitchye2.jpg

And underneath it's all a bunch of wires to all the switches and stuff! 32 wires in all!

ka50collectiveboxswitchyj2.jpg

So I found some of the Neodyme Magnets I use for my hall Effect sencors. And they are STRONG and small. A bit of measuring and a trip out into the garage to make some spacers from 8mm Acrylic. Drill holes in both ends of the spacer, and make some 3mm threads (gluing acryllic to painted anything is just a really bad idea.. unless you are into frustration?).

ka50collectiveboxswitchje8.jpg

And the same on the bottom of the lid:

ka50collectiveboxswitchnt7.jpg

And stic'em together:

ka50collectiveboxswitchlc5.jpg

The thing is that this way of attaching lids turned out to work so well that I'm using it wherever I can.. Even on a piece that will be "man-handled" during playing like this one..

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Things to come...

After the pre-release of the manual for DCS Blackshark I have started finalising the drawings for the panels.. And the pedals (have buildt the foot-pedals already, but I'm not satified with the way they feel)... And the new Left Back Wall with the sliding protections for the Collective Stick..

Some teasers:

frontpedestalassembly02rc1.jpg

frontpedestalassembly01sd1.jpg

weaponscontrolpanelgq3.jpg

weaponscontrolpanel02an4.jpg

Edited by Triggerhappy69
new pic of weapon panel
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]