Multiplayer bug fix focus

BIGNEWY

I packed up my stuff and have moved on to other things. Maybe revisit in a few months but can’t play on 2.56 and nobody playing on 2.55. Gets boring flying around solo

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

I hope ED does put more focus in MP bug fixing

I think the best way to start would be to actually host a dedicated server

then get some testers to connect and fly around for a bit

Some of the last terrible MP breaking bugs would have been discovered within 10 minutes of hosting an MP server,

would be good if these bugs never made it out to the rest of us

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Question: ~ Anyone else ?

since last update .

when loading beta dedicated server, DCS window is blank,

(No DCS Page, just white spot were it used to be)

:joystick:

Cosmetic really and doesn't interfere with program.:D

Thanks

~

My biggest Problem here is sliding of all flying units diagonally. Everywhere. Starts slowly and becomes worse over the time. Only 1 dedicated server and 1 - 3 clients local connected. DCS World multiplayer NOT usable !

Waiting for the return of: -TLP- -True LAN Play- Multiplayer without permanent internet connection to ED master-server. Plane wishlist: Antonov - AN-2

• 3 weeks later...
  • ED Team

With DCS 2.5.6.49314 we introduced some new network tweaks that have improved much of the warping issues, of course if someone has a bad connection it is still possible to have issues, but overall the improvement has been a great help.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback it helped improve MP we appreciate your reports.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

With DCS 2.5.6.49314 we introduced some new network tweaks that have improved much of the warping issues, of course if someone has a bad connection it is still possible to have issues, but overall the improvement has been a great help.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback it helped improve MP we appreciate your reports.

Warping is still happening with infantry

Worst thing that has happened with 2.5.6 DCS dedicated server was breaking MP control over CA spawned ships,

which used to work correctly but now does not work at anymore ... really bummed about that one

I also used to be able to spawn things like igla soldiers and zu open emplacements onto things like oil rigs to do cool missions with

... now they spawn under water :-(

Question: ~ Anyone else ?

since last update .

when loading beta dedicated server, DCS window is blank,

(No DCS Page, just white spot were it used to be)

:joystick:

Cosmetic really and doesn't interfere with program.:D

Thanks

I confirm. However, as you said it doesn't affect the server at all.

@ BIGNEWY:

Warping is still there and I get that feedback from many players on the Cold War server so it's not just me. Other servers too. The new network might be promising at some point but as of now server's performance wise it is still not stable. So not sure how you can say it has improved a lot ;-)

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

• ED Team
I confirm. However, as you said it doesn't affect the server at all.

@ BIGNEWY:

Warping is still there and I get that feedback from many players on the Cold War server so it's not just me. The new network might be promising at some point but as of now server's performance wise it is still not stable.

If someone has a poor connection you will still see issues, packet loss can and will create problems for any MP environment.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

If someone has a poor connection you will still see issues, packet loss can and will create problems for any MP environment.

Makes sense.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

The warping has turned into a teleporting issue for AI ground units, usually when there's more players in an AO. What I have observed several times is my ordnance hitting a ground unit that disappears on impact, only to instantly reappear a couple of meters away, usually moving, smoking or burning, and then exploding. I know, tracks/videos/logs and all. I hope ED also values our limited time and capabilities to be on guard and efficiently capture and report thing like these.

• ED Team

We will need to take a closer look at unit issues, if you have a server replay showing the issues please post it on the MP bugs section.

It maybe the server is overloaded unit count wise? Dynamically spawned units and scripts add an extra layer of complexity to the issue, and make it difficult for us to debug on dev builds.

is over loaded a pretty big number ? few hundred plus ?

eg server debug showing active count

2020-05-26 09:46:02.032 INFO SCRIPTING: +++ Mission time 10:29 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

2020-05-26 09:46:02.032 INFO SCRIPTING: ++++ Players current 1/2 max -+- ground = current 124/127 max -+- Ship = current 15/15 max -+- heli = current 2/2 max -+- planes = current 10/11 max ++++

Would it be of interest for ED to provide the community with a stress test map so we can all evaluate based on the same setup?

Mission design can HUGELY affect server stability. It's super easy to crash servers with a few bad design decisions like unit grouping.

So a baseline to compare would seem imperative to me. Otherwise it's all just speculations based on the servers hardware and performance, location and connection as well as the mission since DCS ME doesn't limit anything.

Best regards

Would it be of interest for ED to provide the community with a stress test map so we can all evaluate based on the same setup?

Mission design can HUGELY affect server stability. It's super easy to crash servers with a few bad design decisions like unit grouping.

So a baseline to compare would seem imperative to me. Otherwise it's all just speculations based on the servers hardware and performance, location and connection as well as the mission since DCS ME doesn't limit anything.

+1. this is a great idea, it would be good if ED would provide an MP "benchmark" mission for MP hosters to try out

Cannot replay tracks from MP (Open Beta)

When I try to replay a track that has been automatically recorded in OB Multi-Player, I get the attached error message.

There is something weird: The message contains a reference to a file on disk "E:".

That disk contains nothing for ED. My DCS World installation is on "K:"

The other funny thing: when I "OK" the message box I get the "Choice of Coalition" message box (also attached). And when I hit the button for "Red" an axis fighter shows on the ground as if I had selected a role in MP, but any action results in a new error message.

I also attach one of the trackfiles that cause the error.

1795711151_MP(OB)TrackReplayError.jpg.e5c51d97c36726df370f365bda2fb15d.jpg

111857526_ChoiceofCoalitionMessageBox.jpg.99d5354495acf80e4eee56514b2fcb9b.jpg

WWII_Baie_des_Veys_aut_V29-20200601-132602.trk

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

When I try to replay a track that has been automatically recorded in OB Multi-Player, I get the attached error message.

There is something weird: The message contains a reference to a file on disk "E:".

That disk contains nothing for ED. My DCS World installation is on "K:"

The other funny thing: when I "OK" the message box I get the "Choice of Coalition" message box (also attached). And when I hit the button for "Red" an axis fighter shows on the ground as if I had selected a role in MP, but any action results in a new error message.

I also attach one of the trackfiles that cause the error.

the reason why this is NOT working as that the script that the mission is calling is stored on the server .... and you do not have this script on your PC to execute

so I have to accept that I cannot replay "my" MP tracks?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 3 weeks later...

I've been having trouble for the last month with the "Server ping timeout" error. I regularly get upwards of 450mbps down and 30mbps up with less than 50ms latency, and the problem only occurs on certain servers.

I found this in my DCS log: 2020-06-25 02:52:56.693 INFO NET: disconnected: 5 Server ping timeout

Is this something I need to fix on my side, or a setting needing to be looked into server side? Any help would be appreciated.

For what it's worth, I've quit playing DCS online simply because for whatever reason, my hard drive hits 100% usage and it simply never lets up. And that's with 16 gb of ram, which I know is not that much anymore for DCS.

It wasn't always this way though. There was a time maybe 2 years ago or so where everything was just rocking and rolling right along and it was a blast!

Apparently the system reqs have since gone through the roof. Could I go out and buy a separate solid state just for DCS? Sure. Could I throw in another 16 gb of ram? Sure. Would that likely fix most of my problems? I don't know...

And for me, I think that's the point. I'm just tired of having to fiddle around with all of this stuff for one single game. Maybe I'll get a "second wind" at some point, but for now, it's just simply not worth it to me.

aka: Spectator257

For what it's worth, I've quit playing DCS online simply because for whatever reason, my hard drive hits 100% usage and it simply never lets up. And that's with 16 gb of ram, which I know is not that much anymore for DCS.

It wasn't always this way though. There was a time maybe 2 years ago or so where everything was just rocking and rolling right along and it was a blast!

Apparently the system reqs have since gone through the roof. Could I go out and buy a separate solid state just for DCS? Sure. Could I throw in another 16 gb of ram? Sure. Would that likely fix most of my problems? I don't know...

And for me, I think that's the point. I'm just tired of having to fiddle around with all of this stuff for one single game. Maybe I'll get a "second wind" at some point, but for now, it's just simply not worth it to me.

I posted on another thread but the other day in MP flying F-14 things were going along great then suddenly pow, total slide show! Looked at my afterburner display and “video usage” dropped way down and “Bus” usage went thru the roof (dunno what that is or if it was chicken or egg)

Had to reboot entire computer to get it to settle down.

Sure gets frustrating but nature of the beast for now I guess!

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.