BDU-33 smoke time

Notso

While relatively minor, the amount of time that the smoke from the BDU-33s remain visible is WAAAY too long. In DCS, it lasts for some minutes while IRL its maybe 15-30 secs at best. It literally is a small puff of smoke from a one time smoke charge in the bomb, just enough to see your impact if you roll during the safe escape maneuver or someone spotting it from a tower on the range. The one's in DCS smoke forever as if its a smoke signalling device. Is there any chance of getting this turned down to more realistic times?

• Like 4

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

• 2 years later...

A nice new effect would be cool. Main problem with the current standard "DCS" smoke effect is that it will obscure the target when doing a normal range pattern even with only one aircraft.

Example of the BDU-33:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Seems like the smoke is back to lasting about 5 minutes, is that how it is intended? 

Home-Built Rig - | ASUS TUF Z390-Plus| i9 9900k | 2080ti | 32g G.SKILL TridentZ |Samsung 970 evos | Tagan 1100w PS | Warthog Hotas | Track ir 5 | Saitek Pedals | PFT Collective

2 hours ago, David A Sell said:

Seems like the smoke is back to lasting about 5 minutes, is that how it is intended? 

I would hope not.  See my post and the videos above.  IRL, Its a very small short duration puff of spoke.

• Like 1

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB