EDM EXPORTER for Blender 2.8

tobi

Finally, I'm sure my fault (3 days ago) was missing to check ON the "Relative Parenting" box for each Bones.

"Relative Parenting" check-box appears only the panel in "Object Mode" (I use Blender 2.93).
I manipulate Bones in "Edit Mode" or "Pause Mode" mainly , so "Object Mode" panel was easy to miss.

After rebuilding all Bones and 3d object parts with "Relative Parenting" ,
all animations become well reflected in DCS World.

20220918DCSdc9_anime3.jpg

Modules: A-10C/II, F-5E, F-14A/B, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, FC3, Ka-50-2/3, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, Mi-24P, AH-64D, P-51D
Maps: Nevada, PG, Syria, SA, Sinai, Channel, Normandy2.0      Assets etc.: CA, Sc, WW2AP
Mods and Skins in User Files: files/filter/user-is-western0221/ 

Screen_221018_005618c.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello, working on my first DCS model with blender. I've been able to get the model into the model view successfully, but the dimensions appear to be off from the blender model. Specifically, I need to make the model dimensions significantly smaller in blender to be of the correct size in the model viewer. IE I'm trying to make a model with a length of 2.13 meters, but need to set the dimensions to 0.213 meters to appear correct in the DCS model viewer. 

Second, the model changes from a circular cylinder to an elongated one (see photos). I've built the model by extruding a UV sphere in Blender. 

Any help on why I might be seeing this issues would be appreciated! 

Model Viewer Domed Cylinder.jpg

Blender Domed Cylinder.jpg

On 10/23/2022 at 4:54 PM, ANDR0ID said:

Second, the model changes from a circular cylinder to an elongated one (see photos). I've built the model by extruding a UV sphere in Blender.

You need to apply the transformations in Blender:

After modifying a mesh (changing the size, rotation, location, etc) switch to object mode (make sure your object is selected), press Ctrl+A and select "all transform"

On 10/28/2022 at 1:43 AM, Eight Ball said:

You need to apply the transformations in Blender:

After modifying a mesh (changing the size, rotation, location, etc) switch to object mode (make sure your object is selected), press Ctrl+A and select "all transform"

Thank you, I will give that a try. 

Update, that worked, thanks again!

Edited by ANDR0ID
Update

I've been trying to get curved objects from blender into DCS, but the curves do not appear to be exporting properly. In this case I have "beveled" the top of the cube, but in the DCS model viewer it appears as a regular cube will all flat faces. I've had similar problems when attempting to curve meshes using "bezier curve". Any help would be apricated, thanks! 

Curve.jpg

3 hours ago, ANDR0ID said:

I've been trying to get curved objects from blender into DCS, but the curves do not appear to be exporting properly. In this case I have "beveled" the top of the cube, but in the DCS model viewer it appears as a regular cube will all flat faces. I've had similar problems when attempting to curve meshes using "bezier curve". Any help would be apricated, thanks! 

did you use a modifier? if so, you need to "apply" the modifier before exporting

10 hours ago, prccowboy said:

did you use a modifier? if so, you need to "apply" the modifier before exporting

🤦‍♂️ Thank you! That worked. I thought since I could see the changed in Blender that was that, but I did not apply the modifier... working now, thanks again! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2022 at 9:22 PM, SomethingAncient said:

The link to the Github in the initial post leads to a dead page. Is this intentional, and is there another way to get the addon?

Any news on this? I am seeing the same. Appears to have killed the github repo.

• 2 weeks later...

Since modeldrop turned out to be nothing more than disrespectful vapour ware my repo is back online with the appropriate releases. Please do not mix this thread with future foreign distributions of my exporter to avoid confusion when troubleshooting or debugging.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

SOLVED!! : If someone is in the same problem that I was just remove the action after add it to the EDM material setup. This works, at least for me. 

Hi to all! I use the exporter for create my mod "Massun92´s military asset pack" - Rencently I try the new version  1.0.8 of the exporter but I´m not being able to change the visibility of he lights. I dont know if I´m making something wrong or if there is a bug. 
The way that I made before was:
-- create a new action -> Keyframes -100 and 0 render on (mouse over "Visibility - Render" and hit "I") then on 1 and 100 the same with the other visibility - On the right tab of the action editor I select "export action to EDM" with the argument of "31" (all this from a video tutorial of Grajo)... Now when I make all this the lights and objects didnt turn on and off when change the our of the day. They are always on. I try to add the action on the "visibility actions" (+ ) but nothing change... Someone that can help me? I will try with an older version of the add-on, but I wanna know if I am making something wrong or if its the add-on.

Thanks in advance! REgards! 

EDM blender.JPG

Edited by Massun92

• 3 weeks later...

Would anyone be able to help me? I am having this issue with the edm. Ive applied transformations but the gear and gear doors are in completely different positions to the poses and keyframes. As i hope you can see by the screenshots, they items in question are not only in the wrong position but also rotating on the wrong axis sometimes

image_2023-01-22_224539618.png

image_2023-01-22_224553676.png

image_2023-01-22_224611543.png

image_2023-01-22_224621138.png

17 minutes ago, Nivron said:

Would anyone be able to help me? I am having this issue with the edm. Ive applied transformations but the gear and gear doors are in completely different positions to the poses and keyframes. As i hope you can see by the screenshots, they items in question are not only in the wrong position but also rotating on the wrong axis sometimes

Hi.

It looks like my mistake in September 2022 ---

Modules: A-10C/II, F-5E, F-14A/B, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, FC3, Ka-50-2/3, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, Mi-24P, AH-64D, P-51D
Maps: Nevada, PG, Syria, SA, Sinai, Channel, Normandy2.0      Assets etc.: CA, Sc, WW2AP
Mods and Skins in User Files: files/filter/user-is-western0221/ 

Screen_221018_005618c.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody,

I am about to switch from max to blender. I am not sure what is the latest Blender release working with the edm exporter discussed here. Some seem to work with Blender 2.8., others with 2.9. However, current Blender release is 3.4.1. I would like to install a blender version compatible to this plugin.

Any information much appreciated!

Cheers,

V,

Edit:

I tried 3.4.1 but did not get it to work for the export. So I install 2.9.3.

Edited by rato65

• 2 weeks later...