No Ju-88 in Mission Editor

chris455

It's there, all right. I jumped in to my Spit and nailed one. But it was awful. I need some practice attacking bombers. I kept damaging him, but overshooting, and the gunner put plenty of holes in my right wing. When I landed I found that he had put some in my fuselage, too, just behind the cockpit.

Don't know why you aren't seeing it. Are you sure your game updated? The A-20 is there, too.

A few things to check:

Check the game version (lower right of main DCS menu screen) it should be 2.5.6.47224 or later.

In the mission editor, when you place the aircraft, check that the country is appropriate. Germany, Third Reich, etc. would work fine, of course, but many others work too.

Then, for the "Task" (immediately below the country select), make sure it is also appropriate. Things like "CAP" or "CAS" will not work. Instead select something "Anti-ship strike" or "Ground attack". My guess is that an incorrect task is what is stopping you.

Once you've done those, then the Ju 88 A-4 will become an option in the Type drop down menu.

OK, maybe I goofed.................is it because I am still using the "Stable version"? 2.5.5 something?

When 2.5.6 becomes the stable version, will I be able to use Ju-88/ other new stuff at that point?

Thanks for the help and answers and stay safe out there!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Remembering Arlie "Jack" Campbell, US Army Air Forces, WWII. Well done dad, rest in peace.

Well, that's just great...

NOWHERE is mentioned that this update to the World War II Assets Pack

will not work in the latest STABLE VERSION 2.5.5.41371!!!

I even bought it again, uninstalled, installed again, no JU-88 or the other stuff there.

VERY disappointing.

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Fundamentally I would have thought it rather obvious given the Beta/Stable Release delineation.

Nothing gets pushed to stable without first going through Beta; this is true for all modules, not just planes and maps.

This is simply not true. The F-16 is very much in EA state, and can be installed in the stable version. And so are and were other modules.

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

This is simply not true. The F-16 is very much in EA state, and can be installed in the stable version. And so are and were other modules.

Just like F-16 has more features developed in the Open Beta than in the stable branch, the WWII assets pack has also more features there.

Ju-88 is not a separate module, it's just part of the pack.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

The point is that open beta gets promoted to stable. Things don't get added separately into stable (i.e. they don't cherry pick bits out of open beta and add it to stable). So all new stuff goes into open beta and when it is ready (regardless of the status of EA) it goes to stable.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

The F-16 came out before the last Stable update. Everything added to DCS since that Stable update is only available in Beta version until Beta build is pushed to Stable. JF-17 module is only available in Beta at this point for example.

The F-16 came out before the last Stable update. Everything added to DCS since that Stable update is only available in Beta version until Beta build is pushed to Stable. JF-17 module is only available in Beta at this point for example.

Well, at least in the JF-17 module shop page is clearly stated:

You need to have the "Open Beta" version DCS World 2.5 installed on your PC for this product.

But in the DCS: WWII Assets Pack

It is stated, and I quote:

You only need to have the "Stable" version DCS World 2.5 installed on your PC.

???

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

^ Both statements are true. Everyone on stable can buy and install Assets Pack today (while JF-17 is available only for OB users now). It will just have less features in it, just like every single DCS product, which gets new content only in Open Beta updates first, then stable updates later. You're here long enough to know that.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

^ Both statements are true. Everyone on stable can buy and install Assets Pack today (while JF-17 is available only for OB users now). It will just have less features in it, just like every single DCS product, which gets new content only in Open Beta updates first, then stable updates later. You're here long enough to know that.

I just can't accept this. ED should CLEARLY mark that the update for the WWII Assets

is ONLY for the beta. This is not the case.

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

Well, THAT escalated quickly.........................

I guess I will just have to wait until the open beta is promoted to stable. Any guesses as to how long that may take?

Thanks in advance -

Chris

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Remembering Arlie "Jack" Campbell, US Army Air Forces, WWII. Well done dad, rest in peace.

Well, THAT escalated quickly.........................

I guess I will just have to wait until the open beta is promoted to stable. Any guesses as to how long that may take?

Thanks in advance -

Chris

Or you can opt into the Open Beta. I do not recommend this unless you are prepared to deal with the bugs but it is fairly simple.

There are two factors driving people to the Open Beta

One, the Dedicated Server is only available on Open Beta at the moment and much of the MP audience is on Open Beta as a result, not because they want to participate in finding bugs.

Two, the last major update, from 2.5 to 2.6 was significant and did not go as ... smoothly as hoped, resulting in a longer than normal time between Open Beta being released and being promoted to Stable Release. This has resulted in more new features in the Open Beta than normal. A case of greener grass envy really. you have to balance more new cool bells and whistles against stability and play ability.

I normally recommend to my squadron members that if they only have room for one version, make it the Stable Release, only install the Open Beta if you can have both.

One thing to consider is that you can have both open and stable versions installed. Also to save space you can decide to only install certain modules in one or both.

For instance you could have an open beta install with just Normandy, The WW2 pack and the WW2 planes you own installed.

The excellent updater utility from Skatezilla is very useful for managing multiple installs:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

The process of new stuff going to open beta before making it to stable is unlikely to change, it is well proven. The downside is what we might think are simple updates get held up with the more complex ones but it prevents having more development branches to manage and test.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

I just can't accept this. ED should CLEARLY mark that the update for the WWII Assets is ONLY for the beta.

Although it's obvious for long-term users (or is it? Judging from your example I'm not sure anymore), I can agree it can be confusing/misleading for new players and should be marked more clearly. But then that would have to apply to every new item added in OB patches. For example, Fw-190A customers have more loadout options in OB than in stable version.

In either case, you guys aren't missing much. Ju-88 has a very rudimentary damage model for the time being (+ AI gunners issues), making it more suitable for screenshots and videos rather than creating and playing useful combat missions.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Thanks all for some great info. I think I will sit tight and await the next stable version. Enjoy, be safe, and remember that in a world such as we now live in, being able to access certain modules in a video game or not is, well, a rather minor problem..............again, Thanks!

Chris