Qatar, Bahrain & Dhahran

TheTrooper

Qatar, Bahrain & Dhahran (King Abdulaziz Air Base) would be a great addition to the PG map.It does feel like there is a gap at the moment. Any plans to extend to this area?

• Like 3

-----------------------------------------------

Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-6700 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache | 32GB HyperX FURY DDR4 2133MHz | MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR 8G |SSD 1TB 970 EVO Plus M.2

+1 from me, I spent 5 yrs stationed out by Dhahran AFB, would be great to have them in game. (the original Dhahran AFB and the newer King Fahd international airport at Dammam just to the north.

• Like 1

+1

• Like 1

-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System: Windows 10 Pro | i9 9900K | 32GB RAM (3200 MHz) | RTX-2080s | SSD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardware: TM Warthog | MFG Rudder Pedals | 4x TM Cougar MFD | Saitek Switch Panel | Trackir5 | VR: Rift S / Monitor: 31,5" WQHD, G-Sync

Qatar, Bahrain & Dhahran (King Abdulaziz Air Base) would be a great addition to the PG map.It does feel like there is a gap at the moment. Any plans to extend to this area?

Probably Not. ED is too busy at the moment fixing ver 2.5.6, the Supercarrier, finishing Hornet and extending Viper functionality. The PG Map is probably done for good.

• Like 1

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

Mods - A10C / F18C / AV8B / Mig21 / Su33 / SC / F14B

Possibly their Map Team is busy with upcoming Syria & Marianas Maps.

• Like 1

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

Mods - A10C / F18C / AV8B / Mig21 / Su33 / SC / F14B

Yeah unfortunately ED have said that the PG map is feature complete so we probably won't be seeing additions for a long time :(

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

The pg map is my favorite, but they seemed to have missed the mark in doing straits of Hormuz rather than northern Persian gulf. While Hormuz is strategically important, and home to plenty of "what if" scenarios , the area around Kuwait, Iraq, and Iran is home to plenty of actual historic examples.

Would be nice to have the northern gulf finished, but that's unlikely to ever happen

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

The pg map is my favorite, but they seemed to have missed the mark in doing straits of Hormuz rather than northern Persian gulf. While Hormuz is strategically important, and home to plenty of "what if" scenarios , the area around Kuwait, Iraq, and Iran is home to plenty of actual historic examples.

Would be nice to have the northern gulf finished, but that's unlikely to ever happen

But even in the detailed areas there's some weird stuff, like completely flat islands that are obviously not flat and missing towns and villages.

The oil fields are also completely missing.

• Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 3 months later...

ED please consider adding at least Qatar with Al Udeid Air Base, it is a very large and important USAF hub with B-52's, B-1's, and KC-135's, along other USAF and Qatari assets deployed to there on various occasions, it would really add some great playability

Edited by FoxOne007
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 months later...

Bahrain for sure. From the International airport in Manama, to all the other military use only airports on the island, it is sorely lacking from the PG map, and a rather big oversight I think. Flew on a C2 Greyhound from there to CVN-77 in the NAG back in 2014.

And Bahrain is home to the the USN fifth Fleet and CENTCOM, as well as CMF, comprised of over 30 countries working from there.

Edited by Spetz
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/5/2020 at 9:17 PM, TheTrooper said:

On 1/23/2021 at 9:51 AM, Spetz said:

Bahrain for sure. From the International airport in Manama, to all the other military use only airports on the island, it is sorely lacking from the PG map, and a rather big oversight I think. Flew on a C2 Greyhound from there to CVN-77 in the NAG back in 2014.

And Bahrain is home to the the USN fifth Fleet and CENTCOM, as well as CMF, comprised of over 30 countries working from there.

Speaking to the choir here, To ED PG may be "Feature Complete". But to us 'Users' it is incomplete, and it should also have 'at minimum Northern Oman as well👍

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

+1 from me. I just bought PG in the sales and was completely shocked that there isn't at least an airfield at Al-Udeid. I'm still gonna enjoy the map however 🙂 I think it's a brilliant addition and I'm looking forward to playing the campaigns I bought there.

I don't really understand the complexity of how these things work, but to the layman like myself, I just feel that even simply adding an airstrip there with some basic hangars would do for some great missions immersion. But I suppose you can air-start a KC-135 and "say" it took off from Al-Udeid.

• Like 1

Feature complete according to ED... yet they didn't included the most important bases in the region, some of their decisions baffle me. Maybe when they make the world map they will update it..... two weeks? 

As of the update this week, the map size is final. From the start, the map was planned to include Iran, UAE, and Oman. This will not change.

When time allows though, we will try to add some additional airfields and landmarks in the UAE. Our may team has now moved on to the next map that we will announce later this year.

Thanks,

Matt

They didn't even finish oman not to mention Iran is missing a lot...

Edited by ak22
  • Like 3