[REPORTED] Valve Index | Super Carrier | Intermittent Black Bars in one eye

Stal2k

This is what I am seeing with the Reverb. I do not get this flickering in steamvr house or the windows mixed reality demo house and both stress my gpu to max clock speeds.

This is the fastest and easiest way for me to post the video since I hate uploading to youtube.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-JT8Qlkn0zr7WubjToOeR4YcnM0wvZPJ

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

This is what I am seeing with the Reverb. I do not get this flickering in steamvr house or the windows mixed reality demo house and both stress my gpu to max clock speeds.

This is the fastest and easiest way for me to post the video since I hate uploading to youtube.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-JT8Qlkn0zr7WubjToOeR4YcnM0wvZPJ

That isn’t what I was seeing, the rest of the image didn’t flicker just the black blobs that appeared and covered part of the image. Your example looks more like a tracking reset to me

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

That isn’t what I was seeing, the rest of the image didn’t flicker just the black blobs that appeared and covered part of the image. Your example looks more like a tracking reset to me

Ya maybe that is it. It is pretty bright in my room though but maybe it needs more light.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

I have a Pimax 5K XR, using steamVr. I have MSAA turned on in nvidia ctrl panel but if i raise steamVr settings or try to add in game msaa then i too get the flickering of black flashes, where the eye piece cuts out. I have to think its a steamVr thing. So things are a little jagged lines. Still great fun.

Could be then, it's not impacting the Cosmos though right? I guess that torpedos both my theories that it's lighthouse/motion smoothing related. The PiMax uses it's own 1st party motion smoothing ya? I know WMR headsets do for the most part unless the Odyssey is different.

I have been getting this in Rift S as well. I thought my HMD was dying!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Samsung Odessey+ having the black bar issue. also the crew only draws in the left eye. I don't have that stereo line at all in my autoexec.cfg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

F-14B, F-16, F-18C, A-10C, F-5E, F-86, FC3, BF-109, FW-190, P-51, Spitfire, UH-1,AJS-37 Viggen, MIG-15, MIG-19, MIG-21, AV-8B Harrier, P-47D

Persian Gulf, Caucuses, NTTR, Normandy, The Channel, Syria

Combined Arms, WWII Assets,Super Carrier

TM Warthog, Virpil VFX,BuddyFox UFC, Saitek Pro Flight quadrant & Switch Panel, Odyssey+ VR, Jet Pad w/ SSA, Voice Attack w/Viacom Pro

GeForce RTX2080TI OC, Intel Core i7-7700K 4.5Ghz, 64GB DDR4, Dedicated 1TB SSD

Had the black bar problem consistently as I noted earlier in the conversation.

It has some how stopped now. Not changed anything and this was before yesterdays update.

The only thing different was that I went multiplayer with my buddy for the first time. We started in the cold start SC mission and I was fully expecting the black bars . But no they have gone and have gone since. Very strange.

Thought I would put it out there as until then I had not gone on multiplayer.

Not sure what this means but there it is !

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

I just experienced these for the first time today on my O Plus. Yesterday I flew multiplayer fine with MSAA x2, but was experiencing odd baked reflections linked to my head movement. I did a DCS cleanup/repair, tried again, and this time got black flickering.

I haven't seen it today either. For some reason the Tomcat Case I instant action was super hazy right after I tried the Case III. Was normal in the Hornet mission, though...

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Have been having some very odd black 2d square type things flash up in my eyes in most aircraft ive flown. Assume this is related.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Saw them on the Hornet Case I mission.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Since this phenomenon recordable with graphics driver ingame overlay, not related to Samsung Odyssey+ or other display device but related to Eagle Dynamics Graphics Engine what is doing the rendering:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=227646 ([REPORTED] Screen flickering since 2.5.4)

Sometimes track can replay the bug, it is worth to save the track.

In MSAA off state since I testing I not experienced this flickers.

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD