Better Buildings in the ME

crazyeddie

The selection of buildings in the ME drop down menu has hardly changed in the lifetime of the game and to be honest they are pretty poor in terms of quality and usefulness.

The game maps are now full of wonderful fixed buildings, trees, bridges, you name it we have them on the maps, but we cant access them and its so frustrating having to use stuff that is well past its sell by date.

Is there a plan to update or add them to the drop down menu's ?

Hopefully one of the 3726 threads about this matter, will catch ED's eye

And I hope even more that someone from ED will tell us they're working on it

Until then.... nothing else left to do than support all these threads... so +1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I made a feature request a little while back for map objects to get added as something we can place as static objects. Considering Syria is out soon I should probably update that request again. If it is anything like PG then most of the static objects will look a bit out of place on Syria.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I'd donate my left testicle to science for some up to date basic fortifications, static placeable buildings for targets, and... as UNIT not static so they werent so anoying to script with. This is such a basic thing.... i'd buy one for everyone with my new testicle cash.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I am trying to learn blender to make some new building. I think that it will be the mod community that will need to bring new targets into the sim. I wish I was a modeler because it is not as easy as it appears. I want to make some port facility objects and oil refineries for the PG map as well as some buildings to bomb in the Bandar Abbas area.

I'd donate my left testicle to science for some up to date basic fortifications, static placeable buildings for targets, and... as UNIT not static so they werent so anoying to script with. This is such a basic thing.... i'd buy one for everyone with my new testicle cash.

Hilarious :megalol:

I'll donate my right one, so they'll have a set :thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Hi, pretty similar to my latest thread

Long story shoort, they don't need to work on it, all the buildings, homes, shelters, small stuff, fences and much much more is allready there, just check the persian gulf/nevada map.

All they need to do is add most of those buildings to the ME static Object list, is that simple

Plus they could give us a simple option ro "draw" speed trees across the map.

It's all there allready, no textures or models needed, just the simple code to add all that to the ME

PLEASE ED.. I'm tyred of building models.. it takes ages... and after some updates most stuff don't work nomore anyway, so we need an official Update

If all real wars could only be fought in DCS.