Head Shadow

Taz1004

+1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

There was an in-cockpit pilot shadow in the Hornet last year for about 2 weeks and then they removed it in an update. I don't know why though.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

My guess would be performance related. It's a shame, if only we could get reworked Engine/Code then DCS could really move to a whole other level.

I'm very much looking forward to that day

I don't see how it could be performance related. It's just another ball casting shadow that's attached to camera. Cockpit already has dynamic shadow and dynamic objects like control sticks. In fact, I think this is something they should implement to all modules. This would also benefit TrackIR players.

Maybe they tried to have the head reflect in the mirrors too? Or full 3D animated pilot body? That would be nice too but I probably wouldn't want that as it'll definitely kill fps.

Just the shadow please. At least the option to.

Edited by Taz1004

There was an in-cockpit pilot shadow in the Hornet last year for about 2 weeks and then they removed it in an update. I don't know why though.

It's a shame, they should squash bugs, not features twilightsmile.png

Those shadows are literally essential. Same as for hands in VR. And a substitute similar to the flashlight for pancake. Oh... and that flashlight for VR.

It's sad that we even have to talk about this with the otherwise amazing looking lighting and shadows in DCS.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg