ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

On 5/16/2021 at 12:14 PM, Admiral189 said:

I will try to release her along with the US Coast Guard ships.. I've updated the Flight deck letters also to reflect Montreal. I should be finished with the FFGX by then as well.

USS-Montreal.jpg

Can you slide the CIWS to the STBD side of the hanger?  There are 16 RIM7 plus the 16 exhaust tubes for each missile tube.  I guess that would take a bit of re-structuring.

Thanks Saguanay!! I moved the CIWS! I split up the Missile tubes because this model came with a lot of them.

Marroux, i noticed that also.. i see it a lot with some ships. They hide certain photos and details of the ships but it's hard to hide from the camera's.

Nice.  I'll just throw a few more comments in.  I know you're busy with other models.

The ladders that come down on the boat deck port and starboard don't happen.  They are actually cat walks that go from the bridge wings to the flag deck. 

Looks like Boston whalers on port / stbd.  We have a rescue zodiac on port/stbd in those positions as well as a RHIB on the stbd side.

The red line deck should be the same height as the blue line.  Both sides.  You can walk out the bridge door and its flat, doesn't rise on that deck.  

On the hangar on either side, it could move back further.

The guardrails at sea on the focsle are always down and no jackstaff on the bow at sea.

Looking forward to sending her to sea.

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngacb607814c4a1c58d974c8323e3fe27c.jpg

Edited by Saguanay

So basically what your saying is the moddler who originally created the model didn't create based off real facts. One thing about it i can do some alterations but when you do that it could affect how the model looks if you know what i'm saying.. 

I don't see any ladders. There are two watertight doors there by the Harpoon launchers.  I may not be able to align those decks because of the way the model was created.. i will give it a try!!

Every model i make i create it based off 10 years of real life sea going experience so you will not see any flag staff. I can possibly try to animate the Forecastle life lines to lower once she's underway for sea but because of the angle of them i may have to just remove them all together.  We'll see.

So here are some after photos.. not sure if can recreate the catwalk.. i will try it..  Thanks for the input!!

forecastle.jpg

Portside-Boatdeck-area.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Admiral189 said:

USS America is pretty much done.. If not today i will definitely release her tomorrow.

Very nice indeed, hoping for a today release as I was gonna fly the harrier tonight but will definitely try and enjoy it tomorrow it it's released then. 🙂

Seen the new boats.  Looks good.  Those rails on the focsle, if you can just lay them on deck.  They don't do well in heavy seas and I can't remember if the 57MM is mapped around them.
image.png
  The thing in front of the RHIB is the combination ladder.  Used at anchor.  On the port side, its just a standard Zodiac for a rescue boat with a cherry picker crane.  That RHIB model would look good on the STBD side
image.png
Good view of the missile launchers.  RIM7s in the boxes.
image.png
Ladders, sorry, Navy speak.  The stairs is what you would be looking for.  If you look on your model, you can see them or they appear to me to going down to the deck.  If that ladder could come up to meet the upper deck.  Still looking for good pics.

There is a better view of the doors coming out of the hangar with the Mk46 torpedo tubes.

image.pngimage.png

Edited by Saguanay

Thanks Guys! I appreciate it!!!! Just doing what i love to do!! 

Saguanay, i will work with you sort out the Montreal!! There's rhibs on both sides. I can add a crane that side. The only problem with it is the more details. The bigger the file. The Accom ladder use to be pain to put together when i was stationed on the Arleigh Burke. In five years we barely used it..  If you can find better pics i work with then i will try to match it best i can. Thanks.

Coast Guard Vessels will be released soon so I will be packing them up for release!!

Edited by Admiral189

imagen.png

Admiral, there's a kind of shield force around the USCG Tampa. Helos and aircrafts explode when you fly close to the ship, anyone else experience this?

Screen_210523_022456.png

Edited by Zukov
correction

Hello Admiral, thank you for your work you put into enhancing the fleet of DCS! I just like to put two ships into your focus. At first the Arctica Icebreaker class - the "Yamal" would be very cool - because of the shark teeth that they painted on her. And second the supply/support vessel of the Typhoon SSBN "Alexandr Brykin" Project 11570 because it's some kind of unbelievable to imagine that there would be the need to reload a SSBN on sea after it had fired its 20 ballistic missiles. 152518301_2871746896394128_1970682364501874382_o.jpg

25-7721725-aleksandr-brykin..jpg

31-9001245-karpenko-zap-lica.jpg

65837919_2288230141293078_1671555117884637184_o.jpg

Guys, i have released my US COAST GUARD CUTTER VESSELS.  #17 on page 1. Enjoy!!

Screen-210522-194459.png

I never seen that before Zukov! Every AI aircraft that landed on it never had an issue. I will test it this morning! There may be a foreign object floating somewhere.

• Thanks 1

Hey guys i have released the USS Constellation FFGX-62. It will be the lead ship of the Constellation class of guided-missile frigates and the fifth ship in the United States Navy bearing this name. She is named in honor of the first USS Constellation, one of the original six frigates of the United States Navy, which itself was named for the constellation of stars on the flag of the United States.

Check page one #18. I haven't tested a flyable helicopter on it as i don't have one to test.  Please let me know if you all have any major issues!!! 

Screen-210523-181528.png

Screen-210523-181540.png

Screen-210523-182159.png

Edited by Admiral189
  • Thanks 2