multicrew status - released to open beta 17th December 2020

AT_Youmu

IT’S AWESOME!!

Two of us just did about 30 mins of ripping around. Observations:

-Left seat has control priority, he can take control without asking permission but right seat must ask permission. I think this can be changed in the ME.  You can also see the other guy’s control positions on the indicator, so you can line up your controls before transferring control.

-Right seat pilot needs to stay put, and needs to be the first in the aircraft. Left seater can jump between left seat and both guns.

-Request aircraft control is ‘C’ key by default, but doesn’t seem to be possible to bind to HOTAS. Hopefully we will see that soon.

-I don’t want to call it a bug yet as it could be user error, but sometimes the left seater cannot shoot and can no longer switch between seats.  Most times it worked but occasionally not.

Other than that, very nice update so far, great work by ED!

Edited by Sandman1330
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

1 hour ago, cordite said:

Logically, shouldn’t the Right seat have control priority?

Depends. Typically our aircraft commander sits in the left, the first officer on the right. The FO does most of the flying, but the AC can and will take control if needed.

It also makes sense for instruction, the student would normally sit in the right.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

A big thank you to all at ED who worked to add this functionality to DCS. 

It seems to work great and is truly a transformation-level improvement. 

There are five of us in this picture.  😎

Very great work gentlemen, DCS is a whole new thing now in many different ways for helicopter folks. 

Screen_201217_210140.png

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

Having an issue with the Huey after the latest update OB. Cannot switch to gunner seats and when pressing keybind to open rear cargo doors, the gunners make a slight movement as if they are activating an animation and then freeze. No doors open.

Great job ED! it's working like a charm. What a milestone:clap_2:.

Weapons worked with very minor quirks & is awesome.

Best part, you can fly 2 pilot SOP's side by side. We did ILS, VOR, NDB approaches in crap weather. All cocpit-lights, instruments, radios, nav needles, sound were synced (as long as the pilot tunes them otherwise nav-instruments, ADF, ILS will be de-synced). 

In summery more then i expected & a hell lot of fun 😆.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

• 3 weeks later...