VIVID NORMANDY 2.0 by Barthek

Nice work - look forward to it but...are you going to darken the forest background for a darker texture? The most noticeable thing that was 'wrong' about this map is that the  underlying texture is too light and not realistic. Woods/forests are generally dark beneath the canopy especially in summer. I immediately edited the texture myself and am much happier with the look, being a native of this region. The texture is used a lot on this map so that one change made the map look a lot different, more lush with roads and river valleys better contrasted. I actually quite like it - it's definitely more like home!

Screen_230501_175542.jpg

Screen_230430_211204.jpg

Screen_230430_210902.jpg

Screen_230501_180204.jpg

Screen_230501_174725.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sandman24 said:

Speaking of which, are there plans to have a Better Trees mod for N2?

You'll have to poke Taz1004 about that, cause he's the man behind other maps versions of Better Trees mod.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

5 hours ago, Barthek said:

A quick update:

As for the winter textures, there's no way I can make the map covered with snow without developer tools. What I will try to achieve is something like late autumn/early winter with some snow patches here and there - but that's still weeks ahead.

Thanks for keeping us updated. Is this a different season than your first pictures?

On 5/6/2023 at 7:16 PM, Art-J said:

You'll have to poke Taz1004 about that, cause he's the man behind other maps versions of Better Trees mod.

In Normandy 2.0 we have many new kind of type of trees. I dont think that N’2 uses the same trees like from Caucasus map. Taz did trees for Caucasus, Syria and Marianas maps.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 6/5/2023 at 9:03, Sandman24 said:

Hablando de eso, ¿hay planes para tener un mod Better Trees para N2?

Unfortunately I already asked Taz1004 and he told me that he is not interested in doing it. I think he will consider doing it if there is a request from various members of the community asking for it. The other problem is that it doesn't have the normandy 2.0 map.

Wow, I didn't know I was so fluent in Spanish 😆

By the way, there was an earlier post about the number of yellow fields being excessive. I don't think it's that bad. This satellite image is from just north of Le Havre. It does vary a lot though throughout the region: some areas are much less 'yellow' than this.

image.jpeg

Edited by Sandman24

1 hour ago, Sandman24 said:

Wow, I didn't know I was so fluent in Spanish 😆

By the way, there was an earlier post about the number of yellow fields being excessive. I don't think it's that bad. This satellite image is from just north of Le Havre. It does vary a lot though throughout the region: some areas are much less 'yellow' than this.

image.jpeg

Barthek is still running on it, and the screenshots of areas presented ... already look different. This is due to the limitations of DCS and the introduction of a certain compromise in color diversity (unfortunately). The current version can be said to be a slightly light version of what was presented, but also the current version that I had the pleasure of testing fits perfectly into the DCS engine, which however limits this project in terms of texture diversity.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

1 hour ago, YoYo said:

Barthek is still running on it, and the screenshots of areas presented ... already look different. This is due to the limitations of DCS and the introduction of a certain compromise in color diversity (unfortunately). The current version can be said to be a slightly light version of what was presented, but also the current version that I had the pleasure of testing fits perfectly into the DCS engine, which however limits this project in terms of texture diversity.

Wait so his latest screenshots are supposed to be updated version of these?

fA8NJEX.jpeg

That would be kind of shame, those first shots like the one above looked really unique and IMHO perfectly realistic

Hello there,

as YoYo has already stated, I had to rethink the whole concept and colour pallete of the mod. Being unable to edit the clipmaps (the most distant textures) forced me to take a more balanced approach and here's what I came up with: 

kzyugfT.jpg

fyDrYJ5.jpg

SuEYErv.jpg

qEqA75s.jpg

cBaVc9b.jpg

EVUsCZk.jpg

I was also counting for a more diversified version - that was the initial idea but further tests showed it was a dead end without the developer tools. I will soon publish this version so that you guys can test it out yourselves but it won't be the final one.

Best,

Barthek

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Barthek said:

Hello there,

as YoYo has already stated, I had to rethink the whole concept and colour pallete of the mod. Being unable to edit the clipmaps (the most distant textures) forced me to take a more balanced approach and here's what I came up with: 

I was also counting for a more diversified version - that was the initial idea but further tests showed it was a dead end without the developer tools. I will soon publish this version so that you guys can test it out yourselves but it won't be the final one.

Best,

Barthek

Thanks man, that's unfortunate. I know how frusrtating it can be trying to mod something and it turns out to be dead end, so thanks for all the hard work. Either way I'm exited to try this version.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I thought the new Normandy 2 was good.. now I am really looking forward to Barthek Normandy 2.0. I know we won't be disappointed. 

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

19 hours ago, Barthek said:

Hello there,

Best,

Barthek

Sorry, I have one more question. Would you considder uploading the first version anyway (in case it wasn't deleted) as an option? I guess I'm not the only one who uses this map mainly for low flying with helicopters, where this problem would't be noticable.

• Like 2

This is looking great, thank you!

W10 64

I7 4790k o/c to 4.6Ghz

Asus Maximus Ranger VII

24gb DDR3 RAM @ 2133

Asus Strix 1080ti OC

ASUS ROG G-sync 27" monitor

DCS on M2 drive Samsung 960 Pro

MS FFB2 with F-16 grip

CH pro throttle

MFG Crosswind pedals

TrackIR 5

3 x Bodnar button & axis boxes

9 hours ago, Sandman24 said:

Those last screens look really beautiful Barthek! Can't wait to try this out. Thanks so much for your effort.

You will have a chance to test it out later today. I am releasing summer set of textures once I get home. 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• Barthek changed the title to VIVID NORMANDY 2.0 by Barthek