VIVID NORMANDY 2.0 by Barthek

20 hours ago, YoYo said:

However, I checked now, I guess I have too high expectations from DCS 😅, it's not FSX / P3D when we ideally have texture changes (and dynamic).

6th June looks like summer, so according DCS the Spring ends with May. Nevertheless, the difference is still strange.

IlbbUBm.jpg

Bds1OW0.jpg

There are astronomical seasons and meteorological seasons 🙂

Astronomical seasons are based on earths real position around the sun and calibrated to equinoxes etc.

Meteorological seasons are different and actually you learn meteorological seasons first in the elementary school or kindergarden🙂 

Spring is March April May. Starts first of march and ends with 31st of May. I'm happy that ED got this right 😄 Strange but true. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rapierarch said:

There are astronomical seasons and meteorological seasons 🙂

Astronomical seasons are based on earths real position around the sun and calibrated to equinoxes etc.

Meteorological seasons are different and actually you learn meteorological seasons first in the elementary school or kindergarden🙂 

Spring is March April May. Starts first of march and ends with 31st of May. I'm happy that ED got this right 😄 Strange but true. 

Yes that's right, of course you're right. That's why I wrote, for example, with FSX/P3D about dynamic textures. There it is (of course you have the whole globe) that the textures change depending on the position of the earth in relation to the sun, so you have an increasing level of textures, e.g. summer and autumn, which move or go back depending on the day, even. Cool thing. We can only dream of such a solution in DCS. Well, unless someday they will make the whole earth and then they will have to give a similar solution. After all, when it's summer in the northern hemisphere, it's completely different in the south, so it's interesting how they solve it. I just don't know if I'll live to see that time. 🤣

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 5/13/2023 at 9:40 AM, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

Well, I don't use any Reshade, or re-colour of anything. Must be Meta. 🙂

I need to check the month of the mission, if June was still spring then may be I make another in August then.

BTW, it is okay to call me out and suggest what could be done better. I am old enough to take that.

So looks strange must be Meta perhaps.

Btw. did you use before Quest Pro G2? Am I right?

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

It was Quest2 -> Pico4 -> Quest2 -> Quest Pro. Either it was the OpenXR Toolkit, which I set all in default, or it was Meta.

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

On 5/13/2023 at 6:45 PM, YoYo said:

However, I checked now, I guess I have too high expectations from DCS 😅, it's not FSX / P3D when we ideally have texture changes (and dynamic).

6th June looks like summer, so according DCS the Spring ends with May. Nevertheless, the difference is still strange.

IlbbUBm.jpg

Bds1OW0.jpg

Oh, that's just the Saving Private Ryan filter.

Awesome! It became very picturesque and natural.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Рыцарь онлайна - капризный слепыш"

Ryzen 5800x3d, 64Gb ddr4 3600Mhz Cl16, RTX3080 12Gb, Acer Predator XB271HK 2160p

Hi Barthek, you reconcile me with this map. You really did it well, great job ! Many thanks.
Check this video, the guy I flying from Evreux (Normandie) to Lille (North of France). Maybe it can helps you.

But, your last palette changing seems close to this 😉 

Bye !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Stanlesuper said:

Hola Barthek,

Para mí, las pruebas de ayer dan una mejor sensación, la tonalidad de los campos se ve increíble, ¡especialmente en la última foto del paracaídas! 😉 
¿Planeó rechazar el color púrpura de las carreteras y los bordillos?

I have the same opinion. I think the previous images look a little better.

• Like 1

Hey @Barthek,

I have spent almost 4 hours today in Normandy with your mod. I cannot believe this is DCS. Normandy map now looks like MSFS scenery. Wonderful tuning. You should really touch Nevada too. Just like you did with Caucasus. Better quality and better color tone. 

Normandy now with your textures is the best looking map in DCS. Great work!

Thanks 

• Like 5

@Barthek.. thank you for always doing the "Needful"!

• Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Hey did anyone notice, that in the default map the shading of the trees is wrong? When you fly towards the sun (and therefore are looking at the shadow side of the trees) the trees are bright green. Wenn you fly with the sun in your back, the trees are dark green. I was totally confused on why the map looked so odd to me until I noticed.

Is this corrected with Bartheks Mod?

Thank you!

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

2 hours ago, Hiob said:

Oye, ¿alguien notó que en el mapa predeterminado el sombreado de los árboles está mal? Cuando vuelas hacia el sol (y, por lo tanto, miras el lado oscuro de los árboles), los árboles son de color verde brillante. Cuando vuelas con el sol en la espalda, los árboles son de color verde oscuro. Estaba totalmente confundido sobre por qué el mapa me parecía tan extraño hasta que me di cuenta.

¿Se corrige esto con Bartheks Mod?

¡Gracias!

Yes, I have noticed this same problem. I don't know if it's a specific problem of this map or if it's a DCS core problem.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Marez said:

Yes, I have noticed this same problem. I don't know if it's a specific problem of this map or if it's a DCS core problem.

😅 Good to know that it's not just me. I haven't noticed anything similar in any other map. Pretty sure it's the Normandy 2.0 Map. I will post screens in the bugs section asap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

19 hours ago, Hiob said:

Hey did anyone notice, that in the default map the shading of the trees is wrong? When you fly towards the sun (and therefore are looking at the shadow side of the trees) the trees are bright green. Wenn you fly with the sun in your back, the trees are dark green. I was totally confused on why the map looked so odd to me until I noticed.

Is this corrected with Bartheks Mod?

Thank you!

Yes, it was mentioned in N'2.0 corner too. DCS feature on this map ;).

• Like 2

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Barthek. It's been a long time since you provided any update. Are you still working on the mod? I hope so. I am very anxious to see the progress. With your mod this is the most beautiful map in DCS by far.

1 minute ago, Marez said:

Hello Barthek. It's been a long time since you provided any update. Are you still working on the mod? I hope so. I am very anxious to see the progress. With your mod this is the most beautiful map in DCS by far.

Hello,

yes, I'm still working on the summer palette. Had to put the project on hold for a while, waiting for Ugra to fix their spring splatmaps. The newest patch seems to have fixed the issue. I've just released another WIP version for internal tests, so I hope it won't take much time before I make it public. 😉

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4