The Enemy Within 3.0 and Warthog II

Hey all,

I've internally fixed all the missions with wrong wingman spawn location, so it should be good to go with the next update.

The blinking IDs - I checked, all the groups and aircraft have different IDs in the ME, so it is not on mission design, at least I don't know what I could do differently.. maybe it is something with the HMCS itself?

• Like 2
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hey all,

The blinking IDs - I checked, all the groups and aircraft have different IDs in the ME, so it is not on mission design, at least I don't know what I could do differently.. maybe it is something with the HMCS itself?

I have this issue only with the first mision, never in multiplayer.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

I'm having an issue in mission 2. When the convoy enters Delta and the trucks turn on the road and you have to do the low level pass. The convoy stops on a bridge and then only the lead vehicle continues the route, the rest of the convoy stays stopped on that bridge.

17 hours ago, LordNPrior said:

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

I'm having an issue in mission 2. When the convoy enters Delta and the trucks turn on the road and you have to do the low level pass. The convoy stops on a bridge and then only the lead vehicle continues the route, the rest of the convoy stays stopped on that bridge.

Best bet is to just retry the mission from the beginning, it's most likely due to DCS just doing DCS things with regard to ground unit pathing.

Just a quick question about the state of the A-10C II module. Is it in a completed enough / bug -free condition to enjoy TEW3 or should I wait some months more in order to play through frustration free?

Thanks for any input.

Cheers

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/5/2020 at 9:55 PM, wowbagger said:

Just a quick question about the state of the A-10C II module. Is it in a completed enough / bug -free condition to enjoy TEW3 or should I wait some months more in order to play through frustration free?

Thanks for any input.

Cheers

I see no reason why it should not work.

Edited by Wali763

• 1 month later...

I had to take a break from dcs for a good 7-8 months. I remember I left off at mission 10 birds of prey I believe in TEW 3.0.

I've purchased the A10C-2 so if I want to continue the campaign with the new model what do i have to do?

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If I buy the company now, I will be able to fly it in the A-10C II module ? In the E-shop I see "Requirements: DCS: A-10C Warthog" only!

Edited by SMN

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

Start this compaign.
ILS does not work on the approach to Kobuleti RW07.
I do everything as usual (111.5). I
n other missions (not TEW3 ) - ILS works fine!

Edited by SMN

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

Clouds really seem to be a big problem in 2.7.  I'm finding mission 6 to be extremely difficult because there is a thick layer of cloud just above the mountain peaks that covers pretty much the entire area you patrol, meaning you have to be extremely quick with target acquisition and are really vulnerable to AA.  I looked up a video on YouTube of someone else playing this in 2.5.6, and it was like a completely different scenario.  They were able to just cruise around at 20,000 feet and get their sensors on target from many miles away.  In 2.5 there was only the occasional cloud, in 2.7 it is straight up overcast with an occasional gap in the clouds.

What is the best way to work around this issue?  Should I just install 2.5 and copy my save games over?  Or is there an easy way to edit the missions?  Maybe I could just set everything to clear skies until this is resolved.  Thanks!

@baltic_dragon Thanks for the reply.  I installed 2.5.6 and have been having a better experience with that version.

With how much of a difference there is (skies going from almost completely overcast to almost completely clear), I have to imagine that it is not only your campaign that is affected, but perhaps most of them.  Maybe ED needs to tweak something on their end so that old weather settings are still correctly reflected in 2.7.

M4 DCS 2.7
It is impossible to visually detect the outpost from 15,000 feet, as the flight is above the clouds! It is dangerous to descend in the mountains in the clouds!

Edited by SMN

19 hours ago, Dovivan said:

Hmm wingman takeoff immadiately when i'm on runway and hit me. TEW02, TEW04, TEW05...

That is a DCS issue unfortunately, a stock wingman not a separate flight.. we need to wait for a fix. Sorry about this, guys. 

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hay BD,

sorry if you answered this already somewhere else, and I just missed it, but did you simply change the original A-10C missions so that they could be played with the new II Tank Killer too, or did you also modify the default weapons loadouts for the A-10C II Tank Killer campaign, so that the missions utilise the new advanced weapons as much as possible, instead of the old ones? I know I can change it manually in each mission, but having an advanced loadout by default would be nice. Just asking...