CTD with the F14A

Japo32

Hello! I tried to load the quick missions.. and everytime I load the A version it crashes to Desktop.

With the B everything is normal.

I think it maybe because my custom cockpit. Loocking for the option to remove the cockpit in the special options of the F14 it is gone!!! (why???) The cockpit of the F14b remains modified.. but there is no way of loading the A.

Maybe is anothing thing.. but who knows...

Happening to me too, however I fixed it when removing mods located in savegames/mods/aircrafts. This is odd because these mods have nothing to do with Heatblur F-14 files, as they are standalone aircraft mods

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Thrustmaster T16000m HOTAS

It has something to do with a private super hornet mod. Only crashes when the mod is installed, and I've noticed when it is going to crash the Heatblu F-14A 3d model is replaced by the old ED model.

However this shouldn't be the mods fault, because these mods located in savegames haven't ever impacted other modules until now.

dcs.log-20201118-181226.zip

• Like 1

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Removing and reinstalling the module fixed it for me.

In the editor it was showing the old F-14A external model.

Do you have similar mods located in savegames too? If so then your fix would probably be the best route.

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Removing and reinstalling the module fixed it for me.

In the editor it was showing the old F-14A external model.

Sadly didn't work for me. But you're right about the old model in the Mission Editor.

Edit: renamed the SavedGames/Mods folder into Mods-bak. Now the F-14A is working. It is something in my Mods-folder.

Edit2: Can confirm that it is the Super Hornet/Growler mod

Yeah re install didn't work for me either. Seemingly the only solution for those who enjoy modded planes is removing them from savegames, but thats honestly a deal breaker for me. Id rather have them than this A. So other than that its gotta be on Heatblur to fix, and since they never affected the F-14B this shouldn't be too much to ask for.

And the mods in question use hornet files, so I'm lost on how this could possibly affect a heatblur module so significantly...

• Like 1

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Removing unofficial aircraft mods from Saved Games worked for me, I don't know why they'd have this effect but it's a solution for now

• Like 1

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin

Instant action... crash..

Chose to replace any aircraft with the F14A in the mission editor...crash..

Model in the mission editor isn't showing the new F14A either..

Noticed this amongst the details

2020-11-18 19:34:23.606 WARNING F-14: F-14 Build vs DCS version mismatch! Built with: 2.5.6.57789, DCS is: 2.5.6.57949

dcs.log-20201118-192318.zip

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit