Why do servers forbid Tacview ACMI file recording?!

I was told that the best way for me to improve (after I ranted about some guy dodging 4 of my R-27EMs at close range) was to download Tacview, so I downloaded it. Now I realize that it has no use since a lot of the popular servers don't allow Tacview ACMI files to be recorded.

This is really frustrating and I wanna know why they would be so selfish. How would it affect them?

• Like 1

You must record the mission in LOMAC and then replay it to record the ACMI file. the process is donne automaticaly.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

It will still work but in a long winded way...

Instead of clicking FLY to start the mission, just record a track (CTRL R i think) or select it from the menu after youve sorted your payload. When finished just play the track back again (as fastforward if necessary) and Tacview will automatically record it.

The reason servers dont allow it is something to do with lua??? basically its to prevent cheating in one way or another.

Edit: Pilotasso beat me to it ^^. Stop spending so much time on this forum;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Because enabling LUA export on the server opens it up to those that would use that data to cheat. Don't ever accuse those providing servers to you free of charge of being selfish. Just record a track, use LOTU to open the views and then record a tacview. And don't just study the tacview, study the track as well. It will show you things the tacview can't show you.

• Like 3

Don't ever accuse those providing servers to you free of charge of being selfish.

+1 QFT

"No matter where you go, there you are"

Intel E-8400 "Wolfdale" - Asus Maximus Formula - Swiftech H2O 120

4 Gb G.Skill PC2-8000C5 - EVGA 8800 GTS 512 - Dell 2707WFP

WD Caviar 500Gb - Vista 64

Thanks guys, helped a lot!

EDIT:

Don't ever accuse those providing servers to you free of charge of being selfish.

Sorry I was just really frustrated because, for once I pulled off some "amazing" moves online but couldn't watch how I did it on Tacview.

And you think correctly.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Stuff LUA exports are;

PilotName

PlayerPlaneId

IndicatedAirSpeed

TrueAirSpeed

AltitudeAboveSeaLevel

AltitudeAboveGroundLevel

AngleOfAttack

AccelerationUnits

VerticalVelocity

MachNumber

ADIPitch,Bank,Yaw

MagneticYaw

GlideDeviation

SideDeviation

SlipBallPosition

BasicAtmospherePressure

ControlPanel_HSI/ADF/RMI/Compass

Engine RPM/Temp/Hydro pressure

Fuel internal/external

Route/Go to point (waypoint)

Waypoint estimated time/position (X,Y,X)

System mode (nav/bvr etc....)

Autopilot mode

Failure state (engine, eos failure etc)

TargetRadarView

TargetEOSView

TargetRadarLock

TargetEOSLock

WorldObjectLock

TargetEOSTrack

target cross section square meters

Two turtle doves

A partridge in a pear tree.

And more....... of every aircraft and missile on the server.

As Kluky said... an all seeing eye.

"No matter where you go, there you are"

Intel E-8400 "Wolfdale" - Asus Maximus Formula - Swiftech H2O 120

4 Gb G.Skill PC2-8000C5 - EVGA 8800 GTS 512 - Dell 2707WFP

WD Caviar 500Gb - Vista 64

Yes but who is running this real time to achieve an advantage ? Any proof that anyone actually is ?

(IMO) If not then the post mission training value of a Tacview track far outweighs the risk of someone using it to Cheat in real time.

In IL2 a similar thing to lUA export exists called "Device link". In the case of IL2 it doesnt work on line though. No one has to the best of my knowledge ever vreated something like Tacview for IL2.

I think that if someone is or would be using these exports to cheat they would not say it... and I don't think you could prove someone is doing it or not... and in my opinion prevention is better then cure ;)

No longer active in DCS...

(IMO) If not then the post mission training value of a Tacview track far outweighs the risk of someone using it to Cheat in real time.

Well said. Tacview in my eyes is one of the best addons for Lockon. Cheaters will always be around so why should everyone else pay for it by not getting the benefit of Tacview. Of course it's up to the server owners and their point of view.

Edited by Crunch

Just cuz they can see where you are doesn't mean they can knock you out of the sky without getting shot down first. You may be able to find someone in tacview, but shooting them down is an altogether different story...

When Tacview came out I said it was a cheat and got "shouted" down by some of the very people responding to this thread.

Well done. :D

Hair on the wall... Blood in the street... The

crush of bone ' neath my feet.

As I understand it- it can't be used for any dishonest purpose as long as you don't have LUA export enabled. It has to be running in real time. No responsible server admin would have this on when the server is open to the public. A specific mission or campaign is obviously a different circumstance.

I think some people misunderstand.

TacView can not be used to cheat. But to get the TacView file, LUA exports must be enabled. Having exporting enabled is what allows people to cheat.

Just record your flight. Then replay the track on your computer with exporting on to get the TacView. Correct?

• Like 1

What a ridiculous statement.

This Responsible Admin does have it on. good luck to the w@nk3%$ who want to cheat is what I say and so do most others.

Its your god given right to fly elsewhere. But you'll be lonely most of the time.

I should be a lawyer. You see how easy that was? :thumbup:

hook-line-sinker.gif

• Like 1

I should be a lawyer. You see how easy that was? :thumbup:

hook-line-sinker.gif

You should be a lawyer for sure. The cheatriots need all they can get. :helpsmilie:

Matt Walsh aside, how long has belly-cheat been a bass-turd?

• Like 1

Just record your flight. Then replay the track on your computer with exporting on to get the TacView. Correct?

Exactly.

Point is its not impossible to get a tacview of your fight and its not forbid. You just have a very small amount of work on your end to view a tacview of it.

1. Simply record a track every time you fly or want a tacview. (yes when you do this the "recover" feature is removed, but I think learning what corresponded in a fight is more important than respawning quicker.

2. Use "LOTU" found there near the bottom. You don't "need" to use lotu, but I sometimes like watching the full track as I record. http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=82#cat

3. Open the track file, check all the boxes and hit save.

4. Make sure that tacview is recording and .lua export is on within your local copy. Watch the file in lockon. You can do this at any speed you like.

5. File is done in tacview.

6. Learn from the fight.

Sure its not automatically done but I suppose if you want to learn a few extra steps are worth the effort.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum