News and Announcements

Plexus

11 minutes ago, Doc3908 said:

Funny how everyone gets excited about a tail sticking out of Santa's bag in a cartoon video, yet we are still waiting for the La-7 that we expected to come last year...

Octopus-G not put a "release" date on 2023. We need wait news about a "release candidate" by ED first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Octopus-G not put a "release" date on 2023. We need wait news about a "release candidate" by ED first.

Well.... here's the Happy New Year message from Dec. 2022 :

"Happy New Year 2023! 
The outgoing year released "Ishak" into the DCS virtual sky, the coming one will give way to "Lavka". "

For my part, I can't wait for the La-7. If it's anything like the I-16 (and I'm sure it will be), it'll be phenomenal. I love the Po-2 and would jump on it, too, whenever it is Octopus-G releases it, but I'm not gonna hold my breadth. 

2小时前,Doc3908说:

Funny how everyone gets excited about a tail sticking out of Santa's bag in a cartoon video, yet we are still waiting for the La-7 that we expected to come last year...

You knew the reason.

7 hours ago, Doc3908 said:

well, the bags with tail have been shown for us to comment about. We don't know much about those projects, but they are there. Nothing to be excited but to be expecting for more news.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Release plans/estimates longer than 1-2 months in advance are irrelevant and can be safely ignored because as history of DCS shows, they're pretty much never met, either by ED themselves, or by 3rd parties. So that Happy New Year quote from 2022 is pointless really.

New "teaser" details, however, are always interesting insight into future plans of the developer. I can also see how people are more excited about Su-17, as it's the only aircraft from Octopus-G lineup which makes sense in current form of DCS. Mind you, I understand the Russian warbirds are Plexus' labour of love and clearly there's tons of highest quality effort put in them, but even though I'm a warbird enthusiast myself, I'm pretty sure "Fitter" module will outsell all his warbird modules combined.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

4 minutes ago, Art-J said:

Release plans/estimates longer than 1-2 months in advance are irrelevant and can be safely ignored because as history of DCS shows, they're pretty much never met, either by ED themselves, or by 3rd parties. So that Happy New Year quote from 2022 is pointless really.

New "teaser" details, however, are always interesting insight into future plans of the developer. I can also see how people are more excited about Su-17, as it's the only aircraft from Octopus-G lineup which makes sense in current form of DCS. Mind you, I understand the Russian warbirds are Plexus' labour of love and clearly there's tons of highest quality effort put in them, but even though I'm a warbird enthusiast myself, I'm pretty sure "Fitter" module will outsell all his warbird modules combined.

Coming to ask for explanations as to why this or that project has not come out in 202X is totally irrelevant, here are the examples of Heatblur and its promises and there they continue, since everyone simply makes plans, it is not a promise or written in stone.

Regarding the "warbirds" and their sales, someone has to make them, and WW2 has come to stay at DCS World, let's remember that the Su-17 is in itself a "side project" that seems not to be being developed by Plexus, So there is no problem with Russian birds, because its main developer is dedicated body and soul to his passion of recreating all types of Soviet aircraft from WW2.

1 minute ago, Art-J said:

Well that goes both ways, Silver saying something to the effect of "Octopus-G didn't give a release date on 2023", is just false, as are a good bit of his often rushes to the defense of devs even when no offense is intended by anyone 🙂 but at the same time, you are absolutely right too, anyone of us who has been here long enough should know release dates don't mean much of anything, can and will be missed, sometimes by multiple calendar years, and that's just fine. It takes as long as it takes, and we're better off with getting things cooked well enough after all.

As for the warbirds, I absultely love the way warbirds feel in DCS, and hope there will be more devs giving us some. Though we do already have La-7, F4U-1d, and F6F, seems -3 all lined up. But I really, reaaally want Octopus-G to give us that  beautiful Su-17M4 too. It is an aircraft I've been wanting for a long time, in fact could be the only one I'm quite as interested in as I am for F-4E. I know there are other potentials for Su-22/17, but I personally hope for an Octo-G one. Regardless of who makes it though, hope we can get one sooner than later, and most importantly, hope it will be made well. A good, cool, Cold War red striker is something that should be done right hopefully 🙂 and I personally have the most faith in Octopus-G among the devs who hinted at making one.

• Like 3

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

On 1/11/2024 at 3:15 AM, Art-J said:

I'm pretty sure "Fitter" module will outsell all his warbird modules combined.

This.

I'm excited to know more about this Su-17 project. Because redfor have been struggling for long time to have a decent bombing task. Whoever made the current DCS developing map road for real was not a smart move. Lot of disbalance and nonsense missions with mixed western and Ru fighters to get a close sense of ground attack capability. Su-17 should get a close approach to a good mission logic. Su-25 it's a CAS very maneuverable but speed is key to get in enemy territory and sadly general Missions most of the time lack frontline, lack a good briefing and lack waypoint. So, the only fix to all that is afterburner and scape.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...