VRNecksafer

speed-of-heat

2 hours ago, Mordants said:

Right click desktop icon

Correction is in:   Properties -> Compatibility -> High DPI Settings -> Override scaling behavior performed by System.

Oh thank you .

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

13 hours ago, Mordants said:

Right click desktop icon

Correction is in:   Properties -> Compatibility -> High DPI Settings -> Override scaling behavior performed by System.

Thank you that worked . Now going to set it up . 

• Thanks 1

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

I've been using XRNS without issues for a while but, since 2.9 when I turn to look back my head moves sideways (opposite to the way I'm turning my head) so that I'm looking backward but at the back of my seat. initially this was just odd occasions, now it happens every startup. I've tried DCS file repair, starting XRNS before and after starting DCS, deleted and reinstalled XRNS and checked that everything is updated.

I'm using quest Pro with standalone DCS MT.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, Willoughby888 said:

I've been using XRNS without issues for a while but, since 2.9 when I turn to look back my head moves sideways (opposite to the way I'm turning my head) so that I'm looking backward but at the back of my seat. initially this was just odd occasions, now it happens every startup. I've tried DCS file repair, starting XRNS before and after starting DCS, deleted and reinstalled XRNS and checked that everything is updated.

I had similar shenanigans too, my solution was to zero out the translations and shift an extra degree into rotations. Whether or not it had anything to do with it, the next time I used it, it was fine.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11,

2 hours ago, Mordants said:

I had similar shenanigans too, my solution was to zero out the translations and shift an extra degree into rotations. Whether or not it had anything to do with it, the next time I used it, it was fine.

Do you have a screen shot of your settings. 

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

10 hours ago, Willoughby888 said:

Sounds like an issue I had a while ago - did you check my post on how I solved it?

Hi, thanks for this and appreciate your response. Yes, I saw the post and there is some similarity as XRNS loads ok and seems to work to a degree but has this weird 'head sideways' thing. With my set up though (standalone rather than Steam) I'm sitting at my PC to calibrate the headset, load DCS and other add ons and then play the game so there's no change in position.  

Any other ideas?

10 hours ago, KoN said:

Do you have a screen shot of your settings. 

You would have probably seen the reset in the options tab. Heres mine anyway.null

image.png

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11,

1 hour ago, Mordants said:

You would have probably seen the reset in the options tab. Heres mine anyway.null

image.png

Thank you . I tried last night without set buttons and just used my head to get extra angle . Very impressed . But like above i was looking into the back of my seat , instead over my shoulder if that make sense  ill try your settings . 

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone have XRNeckSafer working since 2.9 in multiplayer?

It works in the hanger but when I try to join a multiplayer server DCS crashes.  If I remove the API Layer from the registry multiplayer works (obviously XRNeckSafer does not).

Worked fine prior to 2.9 but haven't been able to use it since 2.9 dropped. 

any tips or advice is welcome 🙂

HTC Vive Pro 2 Steam VR using Open XR, Alienware m18-r1 rtx4090, 64gm memory. worked fine prior to 2.9, haven't been able to load a game with the MT client since 2.9 with the XRNeck safer api layer enabled.

image.png

Thanks,

Edited by Zzan

All working fine here

Make sure the Api layer is first in the stack, make sure it's launched before dcs starts

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Mine was working fine in 2.9.

However now OpenXR and DCS are not playing nice as of today, the only thing that changed was the steamVR update as far as I can tell. DCS now is locked to 10fps. Anyone else seeing this? 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

10 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

again working fine here 

I managed to fix it. the new SteamVR update was screwing it up.

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 1 month later...

try loading XR necksafer after you have loaded DCS

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

A weird problem appeared I think with
XRnecksafer 5 because since I installed them water in the Caucasus
disappears as I move in its direction so I uninstalled (XRnecksafer 5) and the water reappeared as if by magic and to be sure I reinstalled it and presto again the water disappeared.
Now I uninstalled it for good.
If anyone knows the why and how, let them shine the light because I am giving my tongue to the cat.🤒

• 2 weeks later...

2.9.3.51704 Still can not get XRNecksafer to work. Made sure XRNecksafer API layer is first listed API and ON in SteamVR settings, started VRNecksafer both before and after DCS is running. When I engage assigned centering button (tried several), the "Not centered in game" message remains displayed.

• 1 month later...
On 2/24/2024 at 9:22 PM, Habu_69 said:

2.9.3.51704 Still can not get XRNecksafer to work. Made sure XRNecksafer API layer is first listed API and ON in SteamVR settings, started VRNecksafer both before and after DCS is running. When I engage assigned centering button (tried several), the "Not centered in game" message remains displayed.

DCS crash with XRNecksafer , i went back to VRNecksafer .

This works for me . Start steamVR then run VRNecksafer . Center when in game .

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

5 hours ago, KoN said:

DCS crash with XRNecksafer , i went back to VRNecksafer .

This works for me . Start steamVR then run VRNecksafer . Center when in game .

Did you check proper OpenXR layer order? I'm running XRNS fine with varjo-foveated, OXRMC and OpenKneeboard when XRNS is the first being loaded. That is - at top of the list using fredemmotts OpenXR-API-Layers-GUI.