DCS Features Wish List

Dr. Mitsos

DCS Features Wish List  

88 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Features Wish List

+1

And yes record the hole thing. On that note, that the beta team is asking for a track file reproducing a possible bug. But how can we reproduce a possible problem with a data set that is not complete ??

So Rewind would be nice but a complete track file is important imho. :)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rain and Mist on Canopy

Any chance to see rain and mist on the canopy in the near future ??

I just can't wait to use the a-10c Environment System to it's full potential ...

Edited by REL

External Mission Editor

How about an external mission editor outside the program?

Like at home I'm usually flying when I have time. But when I'm at work I'd love to be able to keep a window open in the background where I can just edit missions or create campaigns without all the overhead of the actual program.

Is this even possible?

---

May your takeoffs equal your landings!

+1

And yes record the hole thing. On that note, that the beta team is asking for a track file reproducing a possible bug. But how can we reproduce a possible problem with a data set that is not complete ??

So Rewind would be nice but a complete track file is important imho. :)

More like, how can we give them a track file when

1) They usually break after the first 30 minutes

2) After the first 30 minutes they are already too big to post on the forums? Just finished a mission... checked the track file, 51 MBs. Most of the bugs I get are hard to reproduce and occur in the middle of something like that.

As far as rewind goes, it sounds easy, but going actually backwords would probably require a complete re-write of their track code. I donno about a feature to jump backwards to a earlier spot and continue forward from there. That would probably ALSO require an extensive re-write. The way that track files work I believe is record things like keystrokes and movements, and then run the game with those inputs... so there is no way for it to know right off hand what the game was doing 10 minutes previous or 10 minutes in the future, it's not set... now, what they could maybe do is add a save point every like minute that you could jump back to.

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Snapshot "Reset" points (or "save" points) is an effective way to do this. But it's difficult to analyse a full-blown simulation like this one to determine *which* variables in the simulation code must be in the snapshot. Saving the entire simulation state is usually prohibitively large. But, as a minimum, you have to save every state variable that will be used in the computation of the next simulation frame. This usually consists of global variables (but not all), and some local variables as well.

This is usually small enough to take a snapshot every few minutes or so. These reset snapshots along with the recorded interactions (switch hits, control inputs, etc) that ED already records could allow you to reset to another time forward or backward that you have a snapshot for, and then play the interactions from that point forward into the simulation.

If you have ever looked at X-Plane, Austin Meyers and his crew have an excellent playback feature that actually has a slider that you can drag backwards or forwards to any previous point in your current flight and continue the simulation from that point. But X-Plane is just simulating your own plane plus maybe a couple of extra flight models. The DCS sims are simulating your ownship plus possibly a full threat environment complete with threat platforms, weapons, radiators, and countermeasures. That's a *lot* of data to analyse.

This is a good topic for the wish list. I'm sure ED is currently concentrating all of their resources on completing the efforts for release. But it would sure be nice. It's great fun to play back your missions and see what *really* happened. Right now, you have to fire up a track, and then carefully use cntr-Z to speed things up to get to the action part. But not too fast or things will get out of sync. Reset and playback is a valuable part of the simulation experience both for "training" simulators and "study" sims like ours.

Maybe ED will consider this after the simulation is "release" ready.

effects like this (arma2 mod) will be awesome

oh that is a nice mod.. I wonder what'll be the impact of fps.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Beta 6 question

Will the input parser be included in Beta 6?

Also, will the scrolling of the first column in the controls dialog (under Options) be fixed so it is like BS (first column doesn't scroll)?

I saw no mention of these in the change lists.

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

@ interloop I play the mod and it really has no FPS hits. :thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Random Failures

Can you guys move the decimal point a little in the random failures code?

Lately I am getting a failure of something almost EVERY flight, even if it's just pattern work or shooting ILS's in a SP mission with nothing but me in it...

The A-10C and it's systems are a tad more reliable than that! (with a tad of sarcasm thrown in)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 x64, Intel i7-970 6 Core, 12GB, ATI 5970, TrackIR 5 w/Clip, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals

Hello?!

Remember my post about the DPICM artillery bomblet rounds? I think the current HE rounds are extremely ineffective, so if you're going to model artillery, why not model DPICM? I know it kills frames, but just like the GAU-8A and CBUs that can be fixed. Just my opinion

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can you guys move the decimal point a little in the random failures code?

Lately I am getting a failure of something almost EVERY flight, even if it's just pattern work or shooting ILS's in a SP mission with nothing but me in it...:megalol:

The A-10C and it's systems are a tad more reliable than that! (with a tad of sarcasm thrown in)

Sounds like pilot error! when i was ground crew we use to talk about pilots like you... You climb in and break the airplane with your college education so we had to fix it with our high school education:thumbup:

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

Sounds like pilot error! when i was ground crew we use to talk about pilots like you... You climb in and break the airplane with your college education so we had to fix it with our high school education:thumbup:

Yeah well as a pilot we love you ground guys, but not on Mondays! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 x64, Intel i7-970 6 Core, 12GB, ATI 5970, TrackIR 5 w/Clip, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals

Will the input parser be included in Beta 6?

Also, will the scrolling of the first column in the controls dialog (under Options) be fixed so it is like BS (first column doesn't scroll)?

I saw no mention of these in the change lists.

Since when is asking if features will be restored that were already in the DCS series but were broken during beta considered to be a new features request?

I am disappointed by this move.

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.