DCS Features Wish List

Dr. Mitsos

DCS Features Wish List  

88 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Features Wish List

Yes, it does. Read the wishlist, not to mention other materials, and then read your post.

Pretty much everything you listed has been wished for, favorite aircraft polls have been made, and I have certainly tried to make very clear that DCS as a whole keeps evolving - and priorities are set first according to what the purchaser of the military side wants, then what players want.

Your poll was looking to become a second wishlist thread.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

hahahahahaha.

regarding you failed thread.

Scenery would be nice but i doubt it would happen from ED

Define refine current scenery update

their making the A-10 and Apache

F/A-18 would be a long way off

Mi-24 - posibility

And a new game engine is in the making.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Sobek - thanks, I know about this already.

Joey - I used those things as examples ( see below)

GGTharos - Please do not tell me what my thread was trying to do, because you are wrong. My thread was for myself and others within the DCS community who would want to know what fellow gamers are interested in regarding the DCS series. I think you misunderstood the question - the stated categories ( new aircraft, new scenery etc) were not my wishes, but if you had looked at the thread more closely, then you would see that my poll had these same options. I was explaining in more detail what I intended these sections to mean. Please put my post back.

The aircrafts that will be flyable in DCS are gonna be -

A] more aculy modeled then most other games on the shelf.

B] Handmedowns fromn their military projects.

If they can get the info on the Bug/cat/intruder/Jag/Bucc then they'll do it.. It's not a qusetion of 'What we want' but 'What they're gonna give us next'.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

More 'Would be nice' requests

More Amphibious warfare units;

Ivan Rogov amphibious assault ship.

KA-29 amphibious suppourt helo

Russian and Ukrainian Naval Infantry(marines) units

Russian towed artillery

Option for submarines to run submerged or on surface depending on waypoint.

Land attack mission for subs

ASW light torpedoes for KA-27 helos.

ASW mission for appropriate units.

IL-38 May naval patrol aircraft

MI-14 Haze helo

BE-12 Chaika flying boat.

BE-200

Tarawa and Wasp class LHD

LPD ships (San Antonio class)

Littoral Combat Ship

NATO towed artillery (M198, M777, M119A2)

HIMARS

MV-22 Osprey

Harrier AV-8B and GR9

ASW MK-54 light torpedo for SH-60B.

ASW mission for appropriate units.

P-3C Orion for NATO units.

Eurocopter AS332 Super Puma

CH-53/MH-53 heavy helicopters

AW101 Merlin helicopter.

Placing an Infantry icon in the editor should drop a Squad (team minimum) at that location, not a single soldier. At the very least make it an option, "Infantry M4 (AK etc), Infantry 249, Infantry Squad".

Of course it would be fantastic if IFV's, APC's, UH-60's, MI-8's etc, had a "dismount troops" as a waypoint option. It can be done with triggers right now, but its a bit cumbersome.

Also being able to place armor in a hull down defilade/fighting position would be pretty cool also. An armor unit, regardless of the nationality would not be in the defence sitting out in the open, in the middle of a field.

You can create squads through dropping troops - say 8AK's, one Igla MANPAD and one RPG. Mark the group and save as template.

Next time, select template, click on the map, and voila. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I am aware of that, I was referring more to the icons. When you drop Infantry on the map it would be nice if it dropped 10 soldiers per icon not a single soldier with his own icon. It really makes for a cluttered map when you are zoomed in. It is also a bit of a pain when you are making a US Infantry platoon (mech) template and have to add 20 individual soldiers. It is a bit nit picky.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Background on this "wish" is I have been working on a mission against a US Army Infantry Company (heavy) in the defense. With slice elements it is 24+ vehicles. I gave up adding individual dismounted troops @ 2 squads. I'm chocking it up to an inept Company Commander that is keeping two plattoons worth of soldiers inside their Bradleys. :smilewink:

To add to the wish list again, they seriously need to slow down the rate of fire for rocket launching vehicles. Two Avenger units firing look like something out of Mechwarrior, fly over a hill and you suddenly have 16 Stingers flying at you, then they reload 5 seconds later.

Wish: Land Warfare :thumbup:

T-72/80/90

M1A2/Leopard2

Shilka/Vulcan

Tunguska/Chaparral

BMP-2/3

M2/3

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

I would like to have better payload selection menu, than present F-10 choose list. For noobs it is not well functional, they don't know what is UPK-23 or 2A42 ect. Generally I mean to do splash screen to control payload from ground crew.

Let's see example, taken from F-16 Aggressor. When we call rearm, simple shows splash screen where we can choose payload. Beginners have weapon description, and I think it is nicer and more functional. It is better to choose payload visual than only via text.

payload3.jpg

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

What about DCS: ATAK (T-129) :music_whistling:?

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/images/AIR_A129_ATAK_Components_lg.jpg

It looks promising to me.

And don't worry about classification. We turks are very easy going. Just add some RAKI to the pilot and all classified information will flow like a waterfall :drunk:.

I used to love her, but I had to kill her

I had to put her, six feet under

And I can still hear her complain

A tribute to BBetty and NNadja

:bye_3:

Artillery observation platform

Hi, the in-sim artillery is not accurate nor synced with what is happening on the battlefield. They are waisting their ammo in a manner that is highly unrealistic! Having in mind that the main function of the first WW1 airplanes was recon and artillery guidance, I would expect a late 1980s helicopter to be capable of the same :music_whistling:

I would like to see the ability to call in artillery strikes at selected ABRIS targets / ingress points through the radio menu :thumbup:

• Like 1

Hey!

please add same debrief as it is in Single Player where after mission exit you have detailed debrief about what, who, when fired and what was killed in what time ect.

It is really helpful, often in multiplayer you die but you don't know by what, maybe HAWK, maybe igla or maybe someone set under his payload R-73 or Shturms ;]

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

It is really helpful, often in multiplayer you die but you don't know by what, maybe HAWK, maybe igla or maybe someone set under his payload R-73 or Shturms ;]

TacView is your friend!!! :)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

TacView is your friend!!! :)

TacView can be played after game exit and IMHO is much worse when u want just know what hit you and who when fired it (not whole flight presentation). SP debrief is much better in this case ;]

ಠ_ಠ

Request: Fine tune 3D Vision support.

Request: Fine tune 3D Vision support.

I recently found out about the "free" 3D Vision Discovery mode in my nVidia driver after reading a couple other threads about it.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=46349

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=45677

This permits the use of cheap anaglyph glasses for true stereoscopic 3D in DCS:BS. Even with the downsides associated with these kinds of glasses, the effect is very impressive and very immersive. At first I didn't think I'd actually play the game this way, due to side effects of the colored glasses; but dropping the resolution just a tiny bit gives me very smooth frame rates. I've also mentally overcome the color issues for the time being (just think sunglasses...or that Spielbergy, muted-color look :-).

In any case, its good enough to make me think about eventually upgrading to the real 3D Vision hardware when they finally support at least a 24" monitor; but in the meantime I'm actually pretty happy playing around with the colored glasses.

Alas, after using this for a few days, I've noticed a few anomalies. Others have pointed these things out too, but now that I've noticed them myself I'd like to make a formal request of my own to ED. The stereoscopic effects are really close to perfect; but a few nagging issues remain. If these could be cleaned up, I'd be a real happy camper.

* Improve the focus distance of the HUD

* Fix the "pulsating" helmet sight

* Fix rendering of clouds

* Improve the focus distance of the mouse cursor (which hovers too far above the cockpit)

I'm sure others might have some things to add to this list, but I don't think there are a lot of them.

Edited by ddahlstrom

Has the idea of using Grids in maps been added to the wish list. I do not know if the real Abris has grid capability. But, I wish we had grids on the maps..

:doh:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Has the idea of using Grids in maps been added to the wish list. I do not know if the real Abris has grid capability. But, I wish we had grids on the maps..

:doh:

come on guys,, don't other want grids?

IL-2 map builders and users know exactly what I am talking about..

I am trying to remember other flight sims with grids..

and whether or not any of the displays use them, and/or have them in real life..

Falcon 4, has Grids..

LockOn (I think if I remeber right) has map grids .. I need to fire it up.. it's been a while..

update: I just searched through the files in Black Shark, and it appears that map grids cannot be added, so they probably need to be hard coded in the powers that be..

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR