Ka-50 wingman don´t attack anything

Been a while since I used wingmen along with the Ka-50 myself, but I do remember that you might have to either have the wingman "scout" ahead in order to generate a target list for them to have, or you might have to share some targets via datalink with them before they are able to engage. 

Others might have better advice, but I remember vaguely that's what I did back then... 

Edited by rrohde
typo

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• 4 weeks later...

wingmen dont work in general for ag tasks. its a widespread problem in dcs.

a-10c wingman is really broken too, refusing to attack players spi after "roger".

at this point, wingmen are merely cosmetic fluff and decoys for sams. so use them for that.

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

• 3 weeks later...

I tried a couple of the built-in missions yesterday and also had issues with the Ka-50 wingman. My issue was not that he didn't do anything, but rather he'd spot something to attack, then proceed to go and fly right over it rather than use his Vikhrs. Needless to say a Vulcan soon tore him to pieces. I had this on the mission where you have to attack some insurgents that have taken over a town and also the mission where you have to find and attack some convoys that are approaching your airbase.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...