Expose APIs for F10 radio transmissions (Especially new Marianas ATC).

+1 👍👍👍

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

This would truly help us expand our enjoyment of DCS! It would also help I think, efforts to build a replacement for Vaicom Pro which recently died with the 2.8 update (developer has disappeared and so it can’t be fixed). 

I gravitate to servers running overlord bot.

In case anyone following this thread has missed the news. VAICOM lives again. Hollywood has released the source code and volunteers have already patched it for DCS 2.8. Head over to the VAICOM forum and/or discord for more info. (Of course VAICOM could be so much better with an exposed API for AI communications.)

• Like 3

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

I support this initiative for it could provide a great boost to plugins that are already in use by the community and which provide an even more immersive experience. +1 👍

Aorus X570 Master/ AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D@ 4.4 GHz/ 64GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR4-3600 / Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 OC [GDDR6 8GB] / XPG Gammix S11 Pro [2.0TB]/ Phanteks Enthoo Pro/ Corsair RM 850x/ NaturalPoint TrackIR 5 + Pro Clip / Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder Pedals / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + Hornet Grip Add-on + Cougar MFDs (x3) + BuddyFox UFC + Winwing TO & CR panels / Acer ET322QU Abmiprx 1440p 75Hz (x2)/HP Reverb G2/ Thrustmaster TFlight Gaming Headset/ Foxxmount Joystick, Throttle and MFD mounts/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Modules, Mods & Maps: F/A-18C,  A-10C II Tank Killer, A-10C,  F-16C, MiG-21bis, MiG-19P, F-5E, Ka-50, FC3, C-101, Su-25T, TF-51D, Supercarrier, A-4E-C, AH-6J, UH-1, Tacview, SRS, DCS-Presence, Maps: Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Syria, Marianas

Twitch: link YouTube: link

I’ll +1 this. Even though I don’t use Viacom ( not for a long while anyway),  I do think this is a very good thing for DCS and the community and should be heavily considered/ implemented by ED!

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

• 1 month later...

@rurounijones  - I'm sorry to see the lack of response & support you've received from ED with this.  (Personally, I'd love to see them go one step further and embrace you and give you API's to interact with their own internal radio as well - but the lack of enthusiasm from ED just with the API's you've requested already makes it seem doubtful).

Just wondering with VAICOM's release to open source whether there's anything in there that's able to help at all as a workaround to the lack of response from ED? IDK what it would contain - just a thought.

4 hours ago, Dangerzone said:

@rurounijones  - I'm sorry to see the lack of response & support you've received from ED with this.  (Personally, I'd love to see them go one step further and embrace you and give you API's to interact with their own internal radio as well - but the lack of enthusiasm from ED just with the API's you've requested already makes it seem doubtful).

I do not expect anything in these areas either; but the request has to be made to show that I tried at least.

4 hours ago, Dangerzone said:

Just wondering with VAICOM's release to open source whether there's anything in there that's able to help at all as a workaround to the lack of response from ED? IDK what it would contain - just a thought.

Unfortunately I don't think it will work as Viacom interacts with code on the client-side that I think it client-side specific and not usable from the server-side on behalf of client-side calls. Investigating it would take a while though and I don't have that time.

There is also the issue that the code Viacom uses is complicated and not part of ED's public API (i.e. not part of their MSE documentation, such as it is) which subjects it to an extra level of risk when it comes to being broken by changes in the code. OverlordBot and DCS-gRPC only use the public stuff (which, technically, means they are not mods) and I don't want to change that.

Edited by rurounijones
  • Like 1

Unfortunately I don't think it will work as Viacom interacts with code on the client-side that I think it client-side specific and not usable from the server-side on behalf of client-side calls. Investigating it would take a while though and I don't have that time.

There is also the issue that the code Viacom uses is complicated and not part of ED's public API (i.e. not part of their MSE documentation, such as it is) which subjects it to an extra level of risk when it comes to being broken by changes in the code. OverlordBot and DCS-gRPC only use the public stuff (which, technically, means they are not mods) and I don't want to change that.

VAICOM (Viacom is a mass media company, funny in it's own way ), works like DCS-BIOS, that's why tracks gets broken when used.
So a full fledge API would be most welcome.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

After hearing this weekend's announcement - I am so disappointed to see that it has come to this. @rurounijones - your contribution to DCS was what gave me my first 'wow' impression in multiplayer. While I completely understand your decision and why you have lost drive (you are definitely not alone) the impact of the end of this chapter is going to be felt far and wide. Please know that your contribution was loved and appreciated by many of us. This is going to leave a significant hole in MP experience. 

I will cherish hearing that familiar female voice for the time that we have left on the servers that remain to have it setup. Thank you for all the time, effort and passion that you have contributed, and hope that you're able to find something else that will be worthy of your talent that will give you enjoyment and return your passion that will receive a lot more support than you have had with DCS.

• Like 1