Transfer steerpoints from the F10 map into the aircraft - DCS: The Way

Comrade Doge

3 hours ago, Warlords4Peace said:

So far, the overlay app runs. TheWay.lua and Export.lua are in "Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts", with the specified line added to the latter. I've run the mod in both multiplayer with Player Exports enabled, and in single player.

I'm using the F-16C. The app recognizes it.

I set a blank steerpoint 50, then use the overlay to save a few new coordinates on the F10 map. After disengaging the cursor, I hit "Transfer to DCS." The app accesses the STPT screen on the DED, skips over latitude, flashes a few times on longitude with a string of numbers that are close to correct (it never lasts long enough to confirm), and then stops. None of the new waypoints are entered for steerpoint 50 through whatever—they're all still zeroes. It doesn't work if I leave the DED set to steerpoint 1, either.

Love the concept, and the interface is great. When it works, I expect it will be a must-have. Any ideas?

Hello, try the following: start the mission again and do not change any steer points in the module by yourself, let TheWay to everything from the beginning. If that doesn't work, go into the program settings and increase the button delay, and see how it fares. If it still doesn't work, PM me a video of the issue. I have tested the F16 numerous times myself and it should work just fine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Comrade Doge said:

Hello, try the following: start the mission again and do not change any steer points in the module by yourself, let TheWay to everything from the beginning. If that doesn't work, go into the program settings and increase the button delay, and see how it fares. If it still doesn't work, PM me a video of the issue. I have tested the F16 numerous times myself and it should work just fine.

I only ran one mission (Pretense Caucuses in local multiplayer), but increasing the button delay to 50 ms seems to have done the trick. 🤞

Your mod removes so much tedium from the game, and something like it should exist in vanilla for all relevant aircraft. Thanks for the help.

• Like 1

Hey, sorry if this has been covered, i couldn't see it.

Is there any way to move the green circle cursor?

I am running triple monitors - not in surround mode, because of this i have to set my left monitor as primary. It seems that the cursor loads to the primary screen and i haven't seen an option to move it anywhere. I'd rather not go into surround mode as it causes other problems for me. 

Thanks

25 minutes ago, Cravgar said:

Hey, sorry if this has been covered, i couldn't see it.

Is there any way to move the green circle cursor?

I am running triple monitors - not in surround mode, because of this i have to set my left monitor as primary. It seems that the cursor loads to the primary screen and i haven't seen an option to move it anywhere. I'd rather not go into surround mode as it causes other problems for me. 

Thanks

Best to wait for the next version which will always display on the DCS monitor

• Like 1

I followed the install instructions, start DCS, choose Instant Action - Take Off for the A-10C II but all that happens is that loading the game stops at "Sim Post Start". 

Tried it several times, removed the Export.lua and the TheWay.lua files and all is OK again.... ?? (But I would really like to try this very very promising feature....)

What am I doing wrong? (at DCS OB)

Hello all, new update for the program, this time to add features for VR users in particular.

Warning: If you are updating from an older version, remove all traces of TheWay, including TheWay.lua file and the Export.lua line, and then follow the new install instructions in the README

This release adds heavily demanded features to aid VR players, such as:

• New crosshair system that will show in VR as well (no need for other mods to achieve this functionality,like Scratchpad)
  • The new crosshair also works well with multiple monitor setups
  • Added ability to customize keybinds to perform different actions (such as toggling crosshair, saving points etc). Open the settings to assign them.
  • Ability to input a waypoint file without DCS open
  • Added C130 Hercules support thanks to @Summit60 . Make sure to install the Patch for the C130, linked here.

You can find the release link here. Make sure you follow the new install instructions! The old Lua files you may have installed will not work anymore!

3 hours ago, GurbY said:

I followed the install instructions, start DCS, choose Instant Action - Take Off for the A-10C II but all that happens is that loading the game stops at "Sim Post Start". 

Tried it several times, removed the Export.lua and the TheWay.lua files and all is OK again.... ?? (But I would really like to try this very very promising feature....)

What am I doing wrong? (at DCS OB)

Hello, I'd suggest trying out the newest version, remove all traces of TheWay including the lua files and follow the new install instructions

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Where are the installation instructions please?

Edited by Marshallman

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz   Turbo 5.1 GHz, Asus Prime Motherboard B460M-A, Nvidia Geoforce RTX4090, 64gB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR 3600Mhz,Windows 10 Pro Reverb G2V2

I cannot get the key bindings to work. Everything else works great.
I can target in VR but only add by clicking the main panel.

I keep closing the Way expecting the red warning to disappear but it doesnt.

Please find attached Photos.

Sorry for inconvenience... 😞

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

IMG_0863.jpg

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz   Turbo 5.1 GHz, Asus Prime Motherboard B460M-A, Nvidia Geoforce RTX4090, 64gB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR 3600Mhz,Windows 10 Pro Reverb G2V2

Had to go back to 2.3.0 as I couldn't stop the repeat. I haven't used any shortcut buttons to it but the repeat was messing up my pc. Also, I couldn't search a server as soon as I started to type the name, it wouldn't stop. Any ideas?

Still a great bit of kit. I installed to the readme and using Stable 2.9

Edited by tmansteve

27 minutes ago, tmansteve said:

Had to go back to 2.3.0 as I couldn't stop the repeat. I haven't used any shortcut buttons to it but the repeat was messing up my pc. Also, I couldn't search a server as soon as I started to type the name, it wouldn't stop. Any ideas?

Still a great bit of kit. I installed to the readme and using Stable 2.9

Hi, I don't really understand what you mean by "repeat", could you detail the issue? Or maybe attach a video of it and DM me your dcs.log and the Scripts folder.

Comrade

What I mean is, when I pressed any letter, it continually repeated itself. If I pressed a W, line after line of W's. I fully understand the installation process. I removed all trace of original and export lua.

I am going to try again. I thought there might be a problem with my keyboard but after removal and rebooting, it was fine. 

Edited by tmansteve

8 hours ago, tmansteve said:

Comrade

What I mean is, when I pressed any letter, it continually repeated itself. If I pressed a W, line after line of W's. I fully understand the installation process. I removed all trace of original and export lua.

I am going to try again. I thought there might be a problem with my keyboard but after removal and rebooting, it was fine. 

Weird, I haven't seen this before, if you can DM me your dcs log, Export.lua file and the contents of the Scripts folder, maybe there's a missing link there.

2 hours ago, Spetz said:

Just curious, does The Way also add a new flight plan into the Ka-50’s ABRIS to match what’s entered on the PVI-800 such as Shark Planner does?

No. It only enters it into the PVI-800

Comrade

When I have re installed the 2.4.1 update, if there is a problem I will get the info to you. The other crazy thing was, that it was causing the same problem even if I wasn't using dcs.

Thanks

Update: I have installed the latest update again and so far I have had no problems. The only thing I can think of is, I might have pressed or caught a couple of keys which made my keyboard repeat every time I pressed a key. I've never experienced this before. I will look into it. Many thanks Comrade.

This might help others. If you accidentally press and hold shift key, you get sticky keys etc. I went into Settings/Ease of Access/keyboard and turned off Sticky keys, Toggle keys, Filter keys and untick the boxes. Now I can't make a mistake

Edited by tmansteve

On 12/8/2023 at 10:52 AM, tmansteve said:

Comrade

When I have re installed the 2.4.1 update, if there is a problem I will get the info to you. The other crazy thing was, that it was causing the same problem even if I wasn't using dcs.

Thanks

Update: I have installed the latest update again and so far I have had no problems. The only thing I can think of is, I might have pressed or caught a couple of keys which made my keyboard repeat every time I pressed a key. I've never experienced this before. I will look into it. Many thanks Comrade.

This might help others. If you accidentally press and hold shift key, you get sticky keys etc. I went into Settings/Ease of Access/keyboard and turned off Sticky keys, Toggle keys, Filter keys and untick the boxes. Now I can't make a mistake

Glad you solved it!

On a new install of The Way. I'm pretty sure that I followed the install instructions exactly for 2.4.1 but I have the "No Connection to DCS". One thing that confused me was where to place the line in the edited Export.lua file (and I verified that it is indeed a lua and not a text). I use Notepad++. Here is my current lua:

local wwtlfs=require('lfs')
dofile(wwtlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua')
local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua')
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]])

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil)
local TheWayLfs=require('lfs'); dofile(TheWayLfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TheWay/TheWay.lua')

Should the added line for The Way go before the end,nil) line? (actually, I tried it both ways with no fix of the connection issue).

I have uninstalled The Way using the uninstaller in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Programs\theway and reinstalled. Several reboots of the machine also. 

I have Scratchpad installed and it works fine.

The most recent log file attached. 

dcs.zip

Edited by II.JG1_Vonrd

2 hours ago, II.JG1_Vonrd said:

On a new install of The Way. I'm pretty sure that I followed the install instructions exactly for 2.4.1 but I have the "No Connection to DCS". One thing that confused me was where to place the line in the edited Export.lua file (and I verified that it is indeed a lua and not a text). I use Notepad++. Here is my current lua:

local wwtlfs=require('lfs')
dofile(wwtlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua')
local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua')
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]])

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil)
local TheWayLfs=require('lfs'); dofile(TheWayLfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TheWay/TheWay.lua')

Should the added line for The Way go before the end,nil) line? (actually, I tried it both ways with no fix of the connection issue).

I have uninstalled The Way using the uninstaller in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Programs\theway and reinstalled. Several reboots of the machine also. 

I have Scratchpad installed and it works fine.

The most recent log file attached. 

dcs.zip 12.98 kB · 0 downloads

Hello, the export.lua seems correct, make sure you also have the folder TheWay (which has the lua files) inside the Scrips folder, next to the Export.lua