DCS: Black Shark, Russian Version has gone gold

Wags

90 days... geez.. crap thats a long fakking time omg.. not a 08 realease then after all.. *sigh*

At least we have something like a release-date, now. And as Wags explained, it's not only patching those language-files. Looking forward to that manual, so I can build a few panels over the holidays :D

@hitman

Between now and the release of the western version, we will be releasing free content for DCS: Black Shark to include: the DCS User Manual, the Ka-50 Simulation Flight Manual, and probably an English-only interactive demo.

Edited by -Skipper-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where does it say that we have to wait 90 days after the CIS release? Im lost here...

well.--..- its 90 days + the time to get it graded i guess,, so atleast 90 days..

In addition to the Russian version, a single western version (DVD and download) including support for English, French, German and Spanish is currently in development. Much localization work still remains and there will be a 90-day period between when the western version is completed and submitted to the various Age Rating Authorities as required by law (ESRB for USA, PEGI for Europe (less Germany) and USK for Germany), then presented to distributers and when the game will be available for purchase. Although the game will be completed in 2008, it may not be available for purchase until early 2009..

i guess info is better than silence but when the news is bad they still sux!

Edited by swepain

It takes a fool to remain sane :huh:

I am buying Russian download-version on October 17! When English version becomes available, then I'll buy two DVD's. Maybe three ... My older son kind a like Helicopters as well.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Why would they need to grade something thats already gold? They have english modders that were AFAIK working on making english versions during beta testing (tekateka being one of them). The english versions should already be near finished if not already done. I know they are still translating the manual (info from 1 month ago, probably near completion as well)....

Why would they need to grade something thats already gold? They have english modders that were AFAIK working on making english versions during beta testing (tekateka being one of them). The english versions should already be near finished if not already done. I know they are still translating the manual (info from 1 month ago, probably near completion as well)....

Every game released to western markets has to be rated.

The ESRB in the US, for example, has 7 ratings reaching from "suitable for early childhood" to "Adults only", depending on their audio, video and text-content. As understanding the comments and radio-commands, reading missions briefings, etc. is vital for coming up with such a rating, I guess it wouldn't have made much sense to send them the Russian version.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, all good, except the materials should already be translated...and it shouldnt be too hard to rate it since it will be for teens (mild violence). 1 hour and I can rate it myself.

According to the latest statements it's not completely translated into all 5 languages.

But I'd volunteer to rate the game, too. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To reiterate, ED is confident they will have the western version completed on their side (going "gold") soon. However, the delay between that and seeing it available in stores is largely a publishing/distribution factor and will take approximately 3 months. ED has no control over this delay - it's a process that involves other parties. Also, it's important to understand that ED cannot make the download version available prior to the retail version appearing on the shelves.

We also have confirmation from ED that the DVD (retail) version will not require internet access for activation. It will require a once-a-week DVD check. The online download version will require internet access for activation and will include 10 activations.

Although 10 activations should be enough for the entire product life-cycle for all users, ED has so far been open to granting further activations for users who run out of their original batch for some reason, given they can provide proof of purchase. I'm sure the same policy will continue.

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

To reiterate, ED is confident they will have the western version completed on their side (going "gold") soon. However, the delay between that and seeing it available in stores is largely a publishing/distribution factor and will take approximately 3 months. ED has no control over this delay - it's a process that involves other parties. Also, it's important to understand that ED cannot make the download version available prior to the retail version appearing on the shelves.

We also have confirmation from ED that the DVD (retail) version will not require internet access for activation. It will require a once-a-week DVD check. The online download version will require internet access for activation and will include 10 activations.

Although 10 activations should be enough for the entire product life-cycle for all users, ED has so far been open to granting further activations for user who run out of their original batch for some reason, given they can provide proof of purchase. I'm sure the same policy will continue.

Thanks for the clarification! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Uhh . SRY Folks. I was too excited therefore careless :doh:

THX Wags :thumbup:

Between now and the release of the western version, we will be releasing free content for DCS: Black Shark to include: the DCS User Manual, the Ka-50 Simulation Flight Manual, and an English-only interactive demo.

WAITING 4 DCS/BS DEMO :joystick: :thumbup:

Edited by HungaroJET

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Why was nobody able to predict this need for rating and distributing? And how come those issues were so quickly solved for CIS market?

And what about free countries around the world with no US-imposed market rules? Or a rating equal to CIS? I do not beleive that exact the same rules as in USA exist in any (other) Spanish-speaking country. Ratings in my country do not exists in such form. Those that are present on packages are mearly translations of original ratings, without any true understanding of it or legal checking.

Furthermore, if one is to wait for US rated distribution, does that mean there is going to be delay on account of rating for each country in the world? Like Thailand?

Why not make download avaiable only in certain countries, using IP check? Like, I wanted to watch some online stuff from ABS and such, and I was presented with excuse "not available in your country". Lets make it other way around this time :D

Why not open a bank account in paypal country so people from outside of CIS could order at least Russian version?

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

Hey Wags/Evil, will the Russian version still have the English tooltips that were in the Producer Notes? I'm thinking of getting both versions (digital on 17th and Western on DVD), and that would reduce the amount of Russian I'd have to learn :smilewink:

EDIT: In fact, will it even be possible for Westerners to download the Russian digital version on the 17th?? :cry: :huh:

Edited by Jester

• ED Team
Hey Wags/Evil, will the Russian version still have the English tooltips that were in the Producer Notes? I'm thinking of getting both versions (digital on 17th and Western on DVD), and that would reduce the amount of Russian I'd have to learn :smilewink:

No, there is no English localization in the Russian version.

I think nothing could stop us to buy the download russian version once, the download western version once and the Western DVD another one. ( or more ) XDD

This could make ED boys very happy, and the only "con" is the russian interface, but i want BS NOW, and russian version is OK for me.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Why was nobody able to predict this need for rating and distributing? And how come those issues were so quickly solved for CIS market?
Renato, sorry to be so blunt, but you are being very presumptuous from an uninformed view point. It's also worth remembering that ED has a publisher for the eastern market, but is releasing independently for the western market. We aren't going to explain all of the nuances of this distinction or the processes which it involves, but rest assured that ED is interested in getting the product released as soon as possible.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Forum Rules

I think nothing could stop us to buy the download russian version once, the download western version once and the Western DVD another one. ( or more ) XDD

This could make ED boys very happy, and the only "con" is the russian interface, but i want BS NOW, and russian version is OK for me.

Agreed, but could ED confirm whether the Russian localised version will be downloadable from Western countries? Since there are these issues about rating etc.

Renato, sorry to be so blunt, but you are being very presumptuous from an uninformed view point. It's also worth remembering that ED has a publisher for the eastern market, but is releasing independently for the western market. We aren't going to explain all of the nuances of this distinction or the processes which it involves, but rest assured that ED is interested in getting the product released as soon as possible.

I understand that you must be quite tired by all this questions, mostly about answered topics. I was simply asking few things about stuff that have nothing to do with my country.

Russians think we are West, Westerners think we are East - we are caught in the middle, never making anybody's requirements :(

Russians wont sell me Russian version, because I do not have webmoney. And I cannot open webmoney or alike, as they are for CIS only.

Americas wont let me watch thier TV, as I'm not in US/EU :(

I'm looking for a middle fround here. No hard feelings, no pun intended...

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

Will the Russian and English download versions count as seperate products?

For example, If I purchase and download the Russian version in October, will I be able to download the English version upon it's release, or will I have to pay for that again?

Thanks for answering all of our intricate and picky questions!

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Catching up:

Will there be any compatability issues between the English and Russian version in multiplayer?
No, there should be no compatibility problems between the two versions.

Will the disk version be limited in the number of times which we may install the software?
No, there is no install limit for the retail (DVD) version.
Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Forum Rules