Uncontrolled take off

Make sure that you have the cyclic trimmed aft and right a bit (if you have your controls overlay up, one diamond aft stick with the left side of the diamond just on the vertical running line).  You will also need some left rudder to counter the clockwise turn for the rotor disk.  With the power and tilt forward on the rotor disk, the Hind naturally starts moving forward and yawing to the left.  This "default tilt" by engineering design of the Hind's rotor is for better visibility during level flight per Wagner's Youtube vide guide for hover flight.

Cheers,

Thump

Have you inverted the axis? Or assigned it

to the correct controller?

when I first use a module, I often have axis assigned to multiple controllers, so if i

touch the toe brakes it reads that as full

left roll etc. 

• Like 1

i7-9700F, 32Gb RAM, RTX 2080 Super, HP Reverb G2.

I will say I've noticed when trying to take off without a takeoff roll I get a VERY strong pull to the left that I can dampen with full rudder the opposite but not really stop entirely. Don't know if that's what he's talking about. I can get up but I always look like the hinds drunk until I get some forward airspeed. 

Had this same problem.  Select the aircraft and when screen comes up, hit FLY.  BEFORE you load in, move your collective back and forth to sync it up but be sure to have it in down position when you appear.  Fixed mine every time now

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Depbugg said:

Had this same problem.  Select the aircraft and when screen comes up, hit FLY.  BEFORE you load in, move your collective back and forth to sync it up but be sure to have it in down position when you appear.  Fixed mine every time now

Assuming you have the DCS Sync controls option on do this

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

12 hours ago, Dannyvandelft said:

As soon as I start the mission and hit fly, the helicopter takes off and start spinning uncontrollable even though my throttle and collective are down.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have the same behaviour even with the Option to sync the controls and no duplicate controls!

Edit:

This a problem of control sync. I found a solution by making a quick collective imput as soon as I press fly!

Edited by Jef Costello

This is a bug.

With control sync enabled, the axis controls are ANYTHING BUT synchronized.

With zero control input the game will pull full left/back stick and the collective will be forward. For some reason. I noticed this started in other modules a few patches back, it's just more pronounced with the Hind in the hot start missions because you just spawn and die.

Edited by FoxTwo
  • Like 2

This is a bug.

With control sync enabled, the axis controls are ANYTHING BUT synchronized.

With zero control input the game will pull full left/back stick and the collective will be forward. For some reason. I noticed this started in other modules a few patches back, it's just more pronounced with the Hind in the hot start missions because you just spawn and die.
Right, a lot of modules start with full throttle. I usually do cold starts, so it's a minor irritating thing for me.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Is covered in this thread also - 

DCS not registering your HOTAS positions correctly at mission start in the HIND as it does with the other aircraft.

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]